How to setup Facebook page for band and invite friends

lanzia

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 03:09 pm
Hello all,

I want to setup a Facebook page for a band.
On Facebook I registered an account with my personal name and after that I created an Artists/Musicians page.
Logged in to Facebook it shows my personal name but under favorites I see the page I created with the band name.
I would like to invite friends to the bands page but when I sent a friends request it does it with the primairy account (so my personal name) and not the bands name.
What am I doing wrong? Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance,

Lance

jespah

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 03:24 pm
@lanzia,
Gear wheel (upper right corner). Pull down to select "use Facebook as ..." and you will have the option to use Facebook as your personal account or your page.
lanzia

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 03:32 pm
@jespah,
Thank you. Just been reading about this but the problem is I cant find the gear wheel. Do I have to select something else first?
lanzia

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 03:36 pm
@lanzia,
Found it. sorry. really a newbie to Facebook. Thanks for your help
0 Replies

lanzia

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 03:46 pm
@jespah,
Oke. sorry but now I have found the use facebook as option I cant sent friends request if I search for people and open their profile.
jespah

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 03:56 pm
@lanzia,
You can't ask people to be friends with a page. They have to like it (that's the option). As yourself (this will be easier), go to your page, and I believe it's on the left, you'll see an option for invite to page.
0 Replies

maze

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 08:21 am
hey you guys,
so i just registered here, as ai have a weird facebook issue that at least kinda fits to the original posting. any help is highly appreciated, so here we go:

i've been using a profile account not-so-privately, for years. so i wanted to finally go legit by migrating it to a (musician) page, of course by migrating all of my profile's friends to the page.
my first step was to get rid of my profile's fake surname, by pretending to be indonesian blabla, which in fact worked out. now my profile only features a single-word "first name" (it's not an actual name tho) - so as to be how i would like my (future) page to be named. i now have that 60-day ban on name changes, while continuously failing to migrate the renamed profile to a page:
after choosing a branch for said page etc and confirming the deletion of my (soon-to-be-former) profile's data, a window pops up with the odd "oops! an error occurred" message. i can still enter and use the original profile that now features a BLANK PAGE of the right name, yet without any migrated content (profile pic, FRIENDS/FANS!!!).
i deleted that undead page several times now, cleared the browser cache and cookies, logged in and out, switched browsers, repeated the whole process over and over, to no outcome.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? any help would be highly appreciated.

thank in advance,

maze
maze

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 08:45 am
@maze,
UPDATE: a befriended facebook-genius social-media nerd did attempt the exact same procedure with another fb profile of his and got the same error message. so maybe it's more of an internal, hopefully temporary issue!? goddamit, fb.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 10:15 am
@maze,
Are you close to the friends limit on Facebook? It's currently set at 5,000 people. Anyone approaching that is warned, and often it's suggested that they convert to a page.

Here's what FB help says about the procedure:
https://www.facebook.com/help/175644189234902
0 Replies