quotes from george w bush the worlds favourite president ;)

Col Man

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 11:25 am
"They said this issue wouldn't resignate with the People. They've been proved wrong, it does resignate."

"A surplus means there'll be money left over. Otherwise, it wouldn't be called a surplus."

"I don't want nations feeling like that they can bully ourselves and our allies. I want to have a ballistic defense system so that we can make the world more peaceful, and at the same time I want to reduce our own nuclear capacities to the level commiserate with keeping the peace."

"I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun."

"It's a school full of so-called at-risk children. It's how we, unfortunately, label certain children. It means basically they can't learn. ... It's one of the best schools in Houston."

... I've been talking to Vicente Fox, the new president of Mexico... I know him... to have gas and oil sent to U.S.... so we'll not depend on foreign oil...

"...more and more of our imports are coming from overseas."

"We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans."

"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness."--

SOURCE : the howard stern website.........
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,398 • Replies: 13
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 12:53 pm
I'm sure if we keep digging we can find a lot more remarks of equal or greater stupidity from him.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 12:55 pm
ive been digging Wink from now on im going to post the 'duyba quote of the week' right up till election day Wink
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 11:47 am
"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history."
...George W. Bush

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."
...George W. Bush to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/93

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."
...George W. Bush

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican"
...George W. Bush

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
...George W. Bush

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
...George W. Bush 9/22/97

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."
...George W. Bush, 9/5/93

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."
...George W. Bush, 9/18/95

"The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that George Bush may or may not make."
...George W. Bush

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made."
...Governor George W. Bush

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
...George W. Bush

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
...George W. Bush

"Public speaking is very easy." ...George W. Bush to reporters
0 Replies

Rayman

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 02:47 am
I remember hearing this after 9/11:

"We will find the people who did this and bring them to justice!"

Um... I think they died when the plane crashed...
0 Replies

not2know

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 05:03 am
The great mass of people ... will more easily fall victim to a big lie than to a small one.

Adolf Hitler (1889-1945)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 05:15 am
It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way.
-- Wait a second. Wouldn't we want to put those people into harm's way? Otherwise, we'd kinda be helping them. Prime Time Press Conference, White House, Apr. 28, 2005
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 05:21 am
The United States and the U.S. stand together in support of the Iraqi people and the new Iraqi government, which will soon come into action.
-- Dubya redefines the coalition present in Iraq, Brussels, Belgium, Feb. 22, 2005

The United States has no right, no desire, and no intention to impose our form of government on anyone else. That is one of the main differences between us and our enemies.
-- Apparently he isn't counting the invasions, occupations and nation-building endeavors in Afghanistan and Iraq, 2005 State of the Union address, Washington, D.C., Feb. 2, 2005

We are in Iraq to achieve a result. A country that is democratic.
-- (See above...) 2005 State of the Union address, Washington, D.C., Feb. 2, 2005
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 05:33 am
He is arguably the richest source of political gobbly gook since Norm Crosby died and Dave Barry quit.
"Its really hard talking like George Bush because you have to consciously keep suppressing stuff like "education" and intelligence", whereas he is naturally unencumbered by these shortcomings.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 05:42 am
BM
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 07:01 am
Nevertheless he was reelected by the American people. Could it be he is just a mirror image of the majority?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 07:02 am
Good Gawd, I hope not!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 11:00 am
"But you bet, when we find somebody who might do harm to the American people, we will detain them and ask others from their country of origin to detain them. It makes sense. The American people expect us to do that. We, we -- we still at war."
-- Apparently "we still" at war, Prime Time Press Conference, White House, Apr. 28, 2005

Do unto others before they do unto you even if you have to go looking for them and surmise that they might want to do harm Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 11:18 am
"I have coined new terms like 'misunderstanding' and 'hispanically'"
0 Replies