FBM

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 06:58 pm
@Patches,
Point out a lie that I told.
thack45

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 07:04 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
Obviously, having imaginary friends makes you feel better. Sadly, you're supporting a church that aids and abets child molesters and pedophiles, a religion that sees no problem with Crusades, torture, genocide, slavery and suppression of women. I wonder how people like you can sleep at night. Oh, right. By a big dose of denial.

In all fairness, I don't think one has to "see no problem with" misdeeds of christianity in order to be of christian faith or part of their religion. Nor do I think that religion is inherently a bad thing

That said, I do feel that faith in god(s) is for the weak of mind. For some, they don't know, don't want to learn or be responsible for, or can't trust themselves in how to lead their own lives. For others, they just can't stand to bear the crushing notion that they aren't the special little darlings of the universe
FBM

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 07:13 pm
@thack45,
It was the religion that "sees no problem," not Patches. Wrt him, it's one thing to believe, another altogether to actively attend, pay tithes to and proselytize in the name of the very church that protects pedophiles. If my university's admins were to do the same thing, I'd quit and do my best to shed light on their misdeeds, not run around trying to recruit new students.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 07:18 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
You say that God is not real. For one thing, I have seen Jesus with my own two eyes and know that you your kind are liars.
thack45

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 07:19 pm
Oh, I didn't take peaches for a catholic. They usually aren't so familiar with scripture..
FBM

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 07:43 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

Quote:
You say that God is not real. For one thing, I have seen Jesus with my own two eyes and know that you your kind are liars.

All you gotta do to prove that I lied is to prove that your Jesus/God/Spirit exists. Back to square one. You have presented no genuine, falsifiable evidence for your claim, therefore you cannot prove that I lied. What you tried to present was falsified over and over again by at least a half dozen people. Your willful blindness is not evidence of anything but your willful blindness.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 07:45 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

Oh, I didn't take peaches for a catholic. They usually aren't so familiar with scripture..

This one ain't. Neo is taking him for a joy ride through the scriptures. Wink
neologist

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 12:19 am
@FBM,
thack45 wrote:
FBM wrote:
This one ain't. Neo is taking him for a joy ride through the scriptures. Wink
And he keeps tryin' to jump outta the car . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 11:33 am
Althought he scoffed at religion, he was deeply concerned with the welfare of others, as he reported in one of his letters from Hawaii written to the Sacramento Union:
Quote:
At noon I observed a bevy of nude young ladies bathing in the sea, and went and sat down on their clothes to keep them from being stolen.
0 Replies