Mark Twain on Christianity

neologist

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 08:04 pm
@FBM,
I kind of wish you would refrain from dropping your straw men on Patches in this thread. I have to bite my lips to keep from going further off topic in order to give them the torch.

Both Patch and Squeak give us plenty of topic room to vent.

You are free to do as you wish, of course
Patches

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 08:05 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Obviously, having imaginary friends makes you feel better. Sadly, you're supporting a church that aids and abets child molesters and pedophiles, a religion that sees no problem with Crusades, torture, genocide, slavery and suppression of women. I wonder how people like you can sleep at night. Oh, right. By a big dose of denial.
And you are spreading lies that lead people to hell for all of eternity. Get behind me devil. Laughing
Patches

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 08:11 pm
@neologist,
You should have a word with Beelzebub there. Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 01:26 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
Few of us doubt you actually have these experiences.

I don't know what makes you think this is true. By and large, the membership here has ignored this clown, just as it does most religious loonies. That is not any good reason to assume that most people here believe the joker actually has such experiences. I don't think you're entitled to speak for the entire, active membership of this site.
FBM

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 02:33 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I kind of wish you would refrain from dropping your straw men on Patches in this thread. I have to bite my lips to keep from going further off topic in order to give them the torch.

Both Patch and Squeak give us plenty of topic room to vent.

You are free to do as you wish, of course

I pretty confident that Patches doesn't personally condone pedophilia and the long list of other atrocities committed by his church, and I didn't say that he did condone them. But if I were a member of a group that actively defended and protected pedophiles, for example, I'd either be at the front of the campaign to expose it or I'd look for another group. I would consider that to be a matter of basic personal integrity. Since Patches isn't doing either, but instead turning a blind eye to it, I consider him to be passively supporting it, whether he intends to or not. I would urge him to actually think about it instead of just http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/lalala.gif every time someone points out a verifiable fact that doesn't instantly give him warm fuzzies.
FBM

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 02:37 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

Quote:
Obviously, having imaginary friends makes you feel better. Sadly, you're supporting a church that aids and abets child molesters and pedophiles, a religion that sees no problem with Crusades, torture, genocide, slavery and suppression of women. I wonder how people like you can sleep at night. Oh, right. By a big dose of denial.
And you are spreading lies that lead people to hell for all of eternity. Get behind me devil. Laughing

Are you denying that there are pedophile priests, that they were caught and that your church higher-ups just paid hush money, then shuffled them off to another parish where they could keep on doing what they were doing? How can you live with yourself, even passively supporting such a group of monsters? Are you at the forefront of the effort to expose them? Why not?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 07:49 am
@Setanta,
I majored in psychology, sir.
To Patches, these experiences are real.

I should not have presumed to speak for all, however.
layman

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 03:58 pm
@raprap,
Quote:
I also wonder what Ambrose Bierce would say.

About what? Christians?:

Quote:
"CHRISTIAN, n: One who believes that the New Testament is a divinely inspired book admirably suited to the spiritual needs of his neighbors.”

0 Replies

Patches

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 04:16 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
I pretty confident that Patches doesn't personally condone pedophilia and the long list of other atrocities committed by his church, and I didn't say that he did condone them.
Neither do I condone the pedophilia and other atrocities committed by Atheists, such as yourself, either.
Patches

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 04:31 pm
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UCA94aisXUA/TmDt_AiTQAI/AAAAAAAAFyM/Gw8eSMOAVJM/s1600/atheism+explained.jpg
Atheism is a joke.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 04:34 pm
@Patches,
I hate to post another off topic.

BUT!

Atheists do not have a zillion dollar world wide association within which to cover their error.

Whatever you may think about atheists, they:
Love their families.
Deal fairly with others.
Regularly risk their skins and lives when others are troubled
And they don't ask whether or not you believe before they render aid
Whether they know it or not, it is part of the conscience God gave us all.

So, don't be thinking you are special.
Patches

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 04:46 pm
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TyZqg42oOXU/TmDt_ir9o2I/AAAAAAAAFyQ/gVSfVAY1ItY/s1600/atheism-24872830122.jpeg
The Atheist is an idiot before God.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 04:50 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
So, don't be thinking you are special.
I sincerely do hope that they enjoy their lives, because they will pay eternally with their immortal souls.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 05:04 pm
@neologist,
The question is not, of course, whether or not it is "real" for him, but whether or not it is real in any absolute sense. If you majored in psychology, you will know that people who willfully delude themselves know, at a deeper level, that they are deluding themselves. Quite apart from that, i am convinced that he consciously spreads lies to preen his religious ego, and to give himself the image of someone devout and scripturally well-informed, much like Squeakybro with his bullshit copy and posts jobs. I don't believe that even Patches is so stupid as to think his goofy photos are convincing.
Setanta

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 05:08 pm
His last post shows conclusively that he is eaten up with the kind of hatred which justifiably contributes to the decline of religious adherence in contemporary society.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 05:16 pm
@Setanta,
Noted. And agreed to a large part.
He certainly has been treated to a very large dose of truth.
Bias is strong in him.

0 Replies

Patches

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 05:17 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
The question is not, of course, whether or not it is "real" for him, but whether or not it is real in any absolute sense. If you majored in psychology, you will know that people who willfully delude themselves know, at a deeper level, that they are deluding themselves. Quite apart from that, i am convinced that he consciously spreads lies to preen his religious ego, and to give himself the image of someone devout and scripturally well-informed, much like Squeakybro with his bullshit copy and posts jobs. I don't believe that even Patches is so stupid as to think his goofy photos are convincing.

https://svpow.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/homer-3.jpeg
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 06:27 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

Quote:
I pretty confident that Patches doesn't personally condone pedophilia and the long list of other atrocities committed by his church, and I didn't say that he did condone them.
Neither do I condone the pedophilia and other atrocities committed by Atheists, such as yourself, either.

We are not an institution that alleges to hold moral authority for all mankind. We have no leaders who collude to cover up and enable pedophiles so that they can keep doing what they're doing. When the rest of the world catches a pedophile, he goes to jail, not just to a new parish. What's your excuse for passively supporting your leaders who enable such harm to children?
FBM

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 06:28 pm
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/11146547_923846724303928_4134470085832687441_n.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/11014915_924309384257662_6553304837398319375_n.jpg
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 06:54 pm
@FBM,
Let's speak of the work you and your pathetic kind do in destroying people's hope and faith in God and His Son Jesus. And how you are all liars and your work leads people straight to hell for all eternity. Let's speak of how you are a liar and destroyer of souls just like your Father.