Terrorism = Islam? Sadly Seems So

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:46 am
So, Lusatian, what is your purpose with this thread? That we "acknowledge" the threat of Islam? That we condemn Islam for being such a "violent religion"? That we should chase away our Muslim neighbors (you never know whether they are terrorist too)? Or do you just want to make the point most terrorists are Muslims, without going any further (while you are raising suspicion Muslims, Arabs, Islam, whatever you may call it, represent a threat to us).
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:51 am
I think it is that we should become pissed off....

LOOK HAPPY! SMILE!!! It confuses him....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:58 am
http://www.sie.nerven.diebestien.de/img/grins.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:59 am
Sorry - don't know what came over me there....
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:00 am
BROEHAHAHAHA (very big laugh)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:22 am
LOL!
0 Replies

Ibn kumuna

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:33 pm
For all the huffing and puffing that he (she?) has done, Lusatian has mounted nothing more than a recycling of vituperation that has been in vogue as of late. What a pity.

--Ibn
0 Replies

Ibn kumuna

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:38 pm
Further... great pic, dlowan. Surprised
0 Replies

Lusatian

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:49 pm
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
So, Lusatian, what is your purpose with this thread?

Rick, the purpose of the thread is simple. To me it is humorous entertainment. Doubly so, as not only do I find the subject matter funny, but the reactions of all of the present pundits argumentative denials is close to hysterical.

To the average person if I said "Would you say that up to 95% of the terrorists affecting us today are Islamic?" the answer would be easy and affirmative. The DHS (Homeland Security) profiles for terrorists to be on the lookout for is nearly entirely comprised of Islamic perpetrators (whether they be Caucasian or otherwise). Military force protection guidelines are aimed at preventing terrorist attacks with their profiles and groups of concern just about exclusively Islamic. (Yes, yes, there is the off chance that an American terror group may find the balls and the intelligence to attack us. But, such is an off chance indeed). Where do you think the efforts of the FBI's new and revamped intelligence division at targeted at in the realm of counterterrorism?

And this is what is so funny. The ranters present take offense to anyone disparaging another culture (even in the facetious), because this contravenes their delicate sensitivities of the nuances of Political Correctness (own up to PC guys). They think that they are "enlightened" just because they can manage to sound neutral even when the every day evidence suggests the contrary. (How many times has the national alert level been raised due to threats from the Irish? Aum? Spanish Inquisition? Anyone?) Laughing

Robert Frost said it best, though he used the term "liberal" which may or may not be valid. He said:

A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel.
Robert Frost

Rick d'Israeli wrote:
That we "acknowledge" the threat of Islam? That we condemn Islam for being such a "violent religion"?

Maybe you should acknowledge the threat of Islam? (We don't worry that Hindu schools are breeding grounds for terrorists. Do we?) Comdemn Islam for being a "violent religion" - no, but admitting that many of its adherents have greater tendencies to violence against us (Western culture) would be a profoundly good start. Who knows, it may make a lot of sense admitting something that makes a lot of sense?

You all crack me up. Very Happy
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:52 pm
"We don't worry that Hindu schools are breeding grounds for terrorists. Do we?" "...but admitting that many of its adherents have greater tendencies to violence against us". Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Ibn kumuna

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 09:39 pm
Lusatian wrote:

To the average person if I said "Would you say that up to 95% of the terrorists affecting us today are Islamic?" the answer would be easy and affirmative. The DHS (Homeland Security) profiles for terrorists to be on the lookout for is nearly entirely comprised of Islamic perpetrators (whether they be Caucasian or otherwise).

No one argues against that. It's essentially a dead point to raise, honestly.

Lusatian wrote:

Comdemn Islam for being a "violent religion" - no, but admitting that many of its adherents have greater tendencies to violence against us (Western culture) would be a profoundly good start.

Against Western Culture? Hardly. The terrorists pathology is nativist and not Islamic, if you will. Some of the most anti-Israeli Palestinians I know (who also concur with suicide bombers) deeply admire Western culture and are some of the most zealous drinkers, even more so than my father. Their pathology is not Islam but a pan-Arabism, andTerrorism is their niche, victimology is their rhetoric.

--Ibn
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 09:44 pm
Lusatian's last post is nothing short of an admission that the purpose of this thread is merely to troll. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 09:50 pm
Lusatian wrote:
And this is what is so funny. The ranters present take offense to anyone disparaging another culture (even in the facetious), because this contravenes their delicate sensitivities of the nuances of Political Correctness (own up to PC guys).

No, they take issue because they suspect there is ill at the bottom of the slippery slope.

And they are correct to suspect this.

Again:

Do you deny that you advocate genocide of Arabs?

For example, do you have a problem with genocide of the Palestinians?

It's precisely that mentality that they object to and it's dishonest to do what you are doing because you are one of those rare cases in which the fear is the reality.

The rhetoric is not merely reminiscent of a position that advocates genocide. It is part of a position that advocates genocide.

So before you mock people for being "politically correct" play your hand. Tell them that you advocate genocide on the basis of these observatuions you make.

See, you don't because then it would not be as easy to act the troll and try to make light of people's objections to your position.

Again:

Do you deny that you advocate genocide of Arabs?

For example, do you have a problem with genocide of the Palestinians?

Answer those questions then try to make light of the "PC" objection that people have to your genocidal fantasies.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 09:55 pm
Lusatian said: (Yes, yes, there is the off chance that an American terror group may find the balls and the intelligence to attack us. But, such is an off chance indeed)."

Terror as "balls and intelligence"? Hmmmmmm....
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 09:56 pm
i say make love not war Smile
theres good n bad in every race religion creed colour etc
there are those who love and there are those who hate for whatever reason
umm whatelse umm
this worlds a messed up place
and its amazing how the few extremists amongst us can ruin it for the majority of us who want to live in a peaceful world
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 10:00 pm
and on a more lighter note :wink:
to craven de kere Exclamation
you must hold the record for the most avatars on a2k Smile
do you have a script or something running dude that changes your avatar everypost Question cos tonight in the last few hrs ive seen your avatar change about 10 times Exclamation
rsvp Smile
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 02:13 am
100-dude - he's got some sort of script that changes the image everytime the browser refreshes.

We are all held hostage to the cruel and unusual visages that Craven sees fit to beam at us. One picture at a time is good enuff for most of A2K, but not for the Craven!

Monger (I think) used to do it to, but CdK stuffed his 'image-making-hamster' in a blender with horrific results.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 02:19 am
hahaha ok Smile far out Smile
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 02:24 am
Col Man wrote:
hahaha ok Smile far out Smile

Yo. It's about 6.30pm in Sydney Australia right now. You up early or just partying on too late?
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 02:36 am
well its 9:30am here in not so sunny england Confused
and ive been up all night..getting a bit tired now Wink
i got out of bed at 11:30pm last night...after going to bed at 3pm yesterday afternoon and im going to bed sometime this afternoon Smile
been sat at the pc all night mostly on a2k Smile
my body clocks closer to oz time at the moment Wink
im a landlord so i dont work in the usual sense so i get up and go to bed when i like Very Happy
so i have a crazy life of random sleeping and waking hours Wink
0 Replies