THe clever

Ajnabee

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 11:03 am
A heron caught a fish in his bill and was carrying it alive back to his nest. Worried about his own life, the fish was thinking hard to find a way to free himself. Coming up with a bright idea, he then said to the heron,

"Birdie, I've learned that you're a smart bird, and I'm dying to know if it's true. Can you do me a favor before I die? I will ask you one question. If your answer is right, take me to your home and feed your chicks. If it's wrong, just eat me right now. But if it's too hard for you to answer, then please set me free. Will you accept the bet?"

The heron thought it was a sure win because even if he couldn't find the answer, he'd just simply say something wrong. Either way the fish would die. So he agreed immediately.

The fish then asked a simple question. The heron then realized that he would lose for sure. So he had to drop the smart fish back to the waters, having learned a good lesson.

What was the question that saved the fish's life?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 882 • Replies: 5
No top replies

mithie

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 11:08 am
Are you going to eat me right now?

Stupid heron, I would have ate the fish anyway.
0 Replies

magnum

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 11:13 am
A beautiful paradox
0 Replies

mithie

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 11:39 am
magnum wrote:
A beautiful paradox
Not for the heron it wasn't. He had to fly home and face his nagging wife who denied him bliss that night because he failed to put dinner on the table.
0 Replies

annabellamush

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:33 am
Any questino would have required the heron to open his mouth
and let the fish free
0 Replies

ScissorsRunWithYou

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:42 am
As much as I love the coercion of all of this, Annabel's answer was truly intriguing, it was. Very Happy
0 Replies