Your Religious Affiliations

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:00 am
Just a question: what are your religious affiliations? It doesn't care whether you are religious or not. And I do prefer 'Roman Catholic' or 'Anglican' instead of 'Christian', to give an example.

I'm Roman Catholic born, but not religious.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,682 • Replies: 68
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:17 am
I was born Jewish, but I reject any form of organized religion. I don't however, reject spirituality, and living an honest life.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:18 am
Like my test said: secular humanist. We meet at 11:00 every Tuesday night in the crawlspace of a local department store, where we practice our dark rights.

But not during March. We're big college basketball fans.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:19 am
OK. I'll respect that.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:20 am
I am a secular humanist Christian with no affiliations.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:20 am
I was born a heathen, and am proud to say that i've been able to maintain that position. I was raised by my grandparents. My grandfather was a lapsed catholic who didn't care any longer. My grandmother was a lapsed methodist who taught us to sing protestant hymns, and made sure we attended catechism in deferences to the wished of my catholic parents. I recall very vividly being offended by the physical threats and punishments of the nuns when i was only five years of age. I eventually cut a deal whereby i would accept the confirmation mumbo-jumbo in return for release from further attendance upon the mass. I have not attended religious services, other than the weddings of friends, since age 14.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:23 am
When I was going through the Jewish version of confirmation, the rabbi threatened to punch me for being a smartass.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:30 am
in one survey they had option "spiritous, but not religious". I think that's what I am
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:41 am
Spiritous ? ! ? ! ?

You mean you're drunk?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:49 am
W.A.S.H.=white, anglo-saxon, heathen (reformed)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:56 am
so, WASHeR?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:58 am
Reformed Agnostic
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 10:04 am
Baptist outside of the church. I guess I'm still a member of Haven of Rest Baptist Church in Chicago, Illinois but I haven't stepped in there since my godson was christened 18 years ago.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 11:44 am
I was raised in a White Protestant world with heavy emphasis on tolerance for all faiths and caring for the environment.

I've never baptized, christened or confirmed, but thanks to daily bible reading in the public schools I can quote more of the King James Version than most church goers.

In college the head of the interfaith organization asked me to organize an Athiest/Agnostic chapter. I declined.

My first marriage was in a Unitarian church to appease my future mother-in-law, a rabid Irish Catholic. My second marriage was solomnized by a Justice of the Peace.

Nature loving agnostic? Secular humanist? Wishy, washy Wiccan?

Questions are easier than answers.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 11:58 am
Protestant. Is that Reformed, or Lutheran, or Anglican (although not all consider that to be a Protestant Church)?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 01:14 pm
My mother was baptised a Presbyterian because the Swedenborgian Circuit Rider died and was not replaced. My father was a Methodist until he discovered The Theatre.

I refer to "Protestant" as opposed to "Catholic". Neither of my parents were churchgoers, but both of them were outraged at the thought that anyone, priest or preacher, was necessary as a bridge to God.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 01:22 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I refer to "Protestant" as opposed to "Catholic".

Aha. Well you should keep in mind that - for what I know - among Protestants there are far bigger differences than between for example Roman Catholics and Old Catholics. But I could be wrong.
By the way, we should not forget the big majority of Catholics are Roman Catholics, while among Protestants, I am not aware of any group having an absolute majority.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 01:38 pm
Setanta wrote:
Spiritous ? ! ? ! ?

You mean you're drunk?

Very Happy
Spiritual of course. That's what happens when I try to write without consulting my english-speaking parrot
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 01:38 pm
Swolf?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 01:40 pm
Ah well the bird, bird, bird,
The bird is the word . . .
0 Replies