Edge - The Worls Question Center
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,789 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 06:53 pm
How about getting Bill Gates to reduce the price of his Windows XP operating system; Intel lowering the price of their chips; and Nvidia doing the same with their graphic cards and chipsets. That would make PCs a lot more affordable here in Ireland.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 07:25 pm
But where would Bill get his next 20 billion dollars from?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 05:12 pm
What's the future look like for a vaccine against HIV?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 06:58 pm
As I understand it not very good.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 08:06 pm
This is like asking, "Which one of your children do you want to live?"

Would anyone be interested in dividing our responses between those issues which can be addressed with the present technology (eg. world health) or pushing science which will open doors down the road?
0 Replies

neil

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 09:10 am
I would like a big grant to do a pilot program, I call Recycle 2, but I have no credentials, nor track record, unless they are impressed with my comments on www.able2know.com
Home owners would put possibly useful (or repairable) items out for the trash each Saturday morning. volunteers would collect the items (keeping any they wanted)
At the recycle2 site, more volunteers would sort, refurbish and organize (Walmart style) the items, so anyone could find what they needed and take it home for free (donations appreciated)
There would be a very small display of items for sale as the volunteers would take most of the definitely saleable items.
Hopefully the inventory shrinkage would be enormous, as the goal of Recycle 2 is to delay the day stuff enters the land fill. I don't think Walmart will donate either money nor goods to Recycle2, but I might be pleasantly surprised. Competitors such as Goodwill and Salvation Army would be invited to send their representatives as volunteers to skim off the most saleable items. Neil
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 09:41 am
What's the future hold for legalized euthanasia in the USA?
0 Replies

neil

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 09:57 am
A lot of people oppose euthanasia out of fear that evil persons will use it as a means to hide murder. Can you suggest safeguards that will reassure even the paranoid conspiracy theory persons? Neil
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 10:11 am
Miller wrote:

i think killing off the entire population of the United States might be frowned upon! (except by O.Bin L., of course).
0 Replies

on the brink

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 05:19 am
BoGoWo wrote:
Miller wrote:

i think killing off the entire population of the United States might be frowned upon! (except by O.Bin L., of course).

" God,it would be a terrific news for us to immigrate US then!!" said Chinese, Indian and people from eastern Europe....
" O.Bin L, we shall always keep grateful for what you have done".... Twisted Evil Cool
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 07:22 am
now that kind of comment is truly "on the brink"! Shocked
0 Replies