Can world survive Islam.

layman

Wed 22 Apr, 2015 05:34 am
@andy31,
Quote:
My main argument here is that we should be proactive and not reactive.

From what I hear-tell, we have thousands of ICBM's just sitting around collecting dust in silos, and ****, if ya catch my drift here, eh?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 22 Apr, 2015 06:18 am
@andy31,
Quote:
Tell that to those thousands killed only in this country from hands of terrorists. Remember Fort Hoot, or Boston marathon attack? Let's not kidd ourselves.

No, i don't remember, nor do I remember any of the people who die in a car accident every year. Nor do YOU remember them. Let's not kid ourselves.
Olivier5

Wed 22 Apr, 2015 06:33 am
@andy31,
Quote:

Let's nuke the entire world. Problem solved, proactively too.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Wed 22 Apr, 2015 12:57 pm
@andy31,
andy31 wrote:

Quote:
You're not suggesting that a disgustingly brutal murder of a couple of American citizens is just and sufficient reason for starting a world wide war that will eventually result in the deaths of millions?

No Andrey, the world wide war, as you put it, was already started. Death of millions (all terrorists) should happen BEFORE that brutal murder of two Americans.
The World should be swept clean from all parasites who are way pass the point of rehabilitation.

On the outside looking in, with none of your money in they pot, makes you just a kibitzer.
parados

Wed 22 Apr, 2015 01:11 pm
@andy31,
Quote:
The World should be swept clean from all parasites who are way pass the point of rehabilitation.

Who gets to decide who is a parasite past the point of rehabilitation? You? ISIS? Obama?

Your inability to show compassion would certainly put you in the category of someone that is well past the point of rehabilitation under most systems of morality. Perhaps you could be a little bit proactive with yourself.
oralloy

Wed 22 Apr, 2015 06:59 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Israel's seizure and retention of those territories, and the millions of Palestinian refuges created since 1947 are the cause of most of the attacks on Israel that you seem to think were unprovoked aggression against a peaceful and innocent nation.

The Palestinians were offered a two-state solution with 1967 borders. The only reason the Palestinians attack other people is because Palestinians think that it is fun to murder people.

Thankfully all those offers of 1967 borders are now at an end once and for all. I'm looking forward now to the day when Israel seizes back Area B. When the Palestinian state is finally created, it can be composed of Area A alone.
0 Replies

Ionus

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:20 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
You're not suggesting that a disgustingly brutal murder of a couple of American citizens is just and sufficient reason for starting a world wide war that will eventually result in the deaths of millions?
THAT was exactly what a lot of people, especially USAians, said before WW1 and WW2 . Those wars happened anyway because of a lack of strong resolve . Did pacifist thinking ever save a life, given the other side are not very nice people ?
andy31

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:32 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier, with all the respect, you are not making much sense.
layman

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:42 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Did pacifist thinking ever save a life, given the other side are not very nice people ?

Maybe you ain't heard, eh, Ionus? Neville Chamberlain achieved "peace in our time" by appeasing Hitler.
0 Replies

andy31

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:43 am
@Rickoshay75,
What exactly would you expect me to do? Right now, by virtue of my position, I can only spark discussion about all of this, arguing tooth and nail those living in a bubble.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:48 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Did pacifist thinking ever save a life, given the other side are not very nice people ?

George Orwell had this to say about "pacifist thinking:"
Quote:
"The majority of pacifists either belong to obscure religious sects or are simply humanitarians who object to taking life and prefer not to follow their thoughts beyond that point.

...But there is a minority of intellectual pacifists, whose real though unacknowledged motive appears to be hatred of western democracy and admiration for totalitarianism. Pacifist propaganda usually boils down to saying that one side is as bad as the other.

...But if one looks closely at the writing of the younger intellectual pacifists, one finds that they do not by any means express impartial disapproval but are directed almost entirely against Britain and the United States.

One thing ya gotta give good old George a lot of credit for: He could smell a damn commie from miles away.

Noam Chomsky, and his ilk, anybody?

rustem kz

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 02:00 am
Islam has nothing common with cruil or terrorism.people are
getting more concious more clever and see that islam good religion
,though many bad propagandas and organizations of terroristic
groups. Unlike other religions islam has no contrudiction with science.
Many europian Chrisrians are converting to islam and they are doing
It concsiously. One muslim was critisized " now u have three wife. it has increased.before u had one wife when u were christian" he replied
"No .viceversa number of wifes decreased from 80 to 3"
andy31

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 02:06 am
@parados,
Quote:
Who gets to decide who is a parasite past the point of rehabilitation? You? ISIS? Obama?

If your thoughts are really not in order as you display here, I'm not surprised you have a difficulty understanding things, parados.
It is a common knowledge that jihadists in all regions have inn their DNA that their purpose of life is to kill infidels, especially Jews and Americans. That would include YOU in case you have any doubts.

Quote:
Your inability to show compassion would certainly put you in the category of someone that is well past the point of rehabilitation under most systems of morality. Perhaps you could be a little bit proactive with yourself.

You really have to be kidding... my compassion is directed for those killed by terrorists. ....which side are you on???
0 Replies

andy31

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 02:11 am
Thank you. I hope all those Satanta, Parados, Olivier and others will find second or two of reflection.
0 Replies

andy31

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 02:35 am
@rustem kz,
I get it, you are muslim Rustem kz, yes? I'm very happy you have join the discussion. Tell me Rustem, what do you think about ISIS, Boco Horam and Al Shabaab killing Christians and other Muslims? Do you think this is good?
Well, I suppose, I should first ask you if you are not part of any of those organizations, are you? What nationality are you Rustem?
0 Replies

andy31

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 02:58 am
@rustem kz,
Rustem, some people say, that all those terroristic groups are not really Islamic, and that they misrepresent Islamic religion. Is this your opinion?
Sorry for asking you all those questions, but I am excited for you to be here, and i like to hear what you have to say about all what we discuss here.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 06:31 am
@andy31,
With all due respect, you may have missed something. Misunderstanding others is much easier than understanding them.

I am not trying to say that terrorism is not a problem. It is a big problem, especially for Muslims and Christians living in predominently Muslim countries. They must be 99% of the victims. For Europeans, it is a mild threat, but it could grow easily as Libya and Syria are nearby. But they are also other threats, such as global warming, that the Europeans tend to be more concerned about than Americans.
Olivier5

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 06:35 am
@layman,
Orwell himself was a pacifist, opposed to war with Germany until the last minute (he folded after the start of the war). He was afraid that militarism would bring dictatorship in the UK.
0 Replies

andy31

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 11:34 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
With all due respect, you may have missed something. Misunderstanding others is much easier than understanding them.

Thank you for clarifying your position on the matter.
I did not intend to be mean, just unclear how to read satire in your previous posts.

I do understand you are recognizing the problem (and I aplause you for that), but you have strong reservations to solutions, specifically taking proactive action against jihadists, namely taking them out militarily before they kill more peaceful Muslims and Christians, and go after us, which is what they live for.

What would YOU sugest Olivier?
Well... actually there is nothing TO sugest, other than just adopt "do-nothing" position, and wait till they build in strength, aquire more weapons, and grow in numbers. In the meantime we just going to bite our lips, watching increasing number of people being slauthered, and hope for the best.

Or we can keep smiling, and pretend there is no thread what so ever, just like Thomas is doing, and direct our focus on traffic accidents instead.

As you pointed, proximity of thread and easy traveling does not look promising for Europe. I predict Europeans will figure out fairly quickly which is a fictional and which realistic thread once they start feeling it some more.

Speaking of that, isn't funny how, despite disproving time and time again by real science not only very existence of global warming but especially human contribution to climate changes, politicians tend to push on this subject demanding...
you guessed it, PROACTIVE ACTION in form of... ccollecting money, yeah.. carbon tax. Hmm... it makes you think, is it all about money? After all co2 it essencial in existence of our planet. Are they teaching this in schools anymore?
But this is discussion for some other time.

So, yes, reality check is coming to Europe fast. Are we going to learn from that, or history will repeat itself?

Olivier5

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 12:06 pm
@andy31,
Quote:
What would YOU sugest Olivier?

I do support ground troops from NATO countries in Iraq to help Iraqis and Iranians deal with ISIS. The current bombing has little impact. If the US cannot ally with Iranians, let NATO send somebody else.

I think we should do the same to Boko Haram: help the Nigerians and the Chadians blow their ass out of this world.

Same in Libya: I fail to see how this situation could improve if let to rot. The Mediterranean refugees crisis, the atrocities on the ground and the terrorism risks amply justify an armed intervention in Libya, IMO. We (France, UK) are also responsible for what's now happening there, as we bombed Kadafi without thinking through the consequences.

In short, I support the Mali model: limited, light-footed military interventions by NATO and others to help destroy terrorism havens, in support of local armed forces, together with some attention to the political processes that can provide long term solutions.