Nervous about starting sues

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:13 pm
Hello,
I chat with a girl on the internet which wasn't interested. It was on private messages on Facebook. She not only rejected but talked rudely. I answered to her and fight back.
Later it came to my ears that she decided to publish part of our conversation on her wall. Part of the replies there to this post are very harsh, and I'm gonna arrange meeting with a lawyer I consult with once about something else.

I'm nervous becasue I don't have experience sueing, also don't want to take my father with me because I don't want to mess him up with this trash, also I'm 25 yrs old already, I think some of the things I should do alone.
I'm nervous- because in a sue I can also lose, and only thinking about the whole maybe-soon-to-be sue is messing up my mind a bit.
I try always to think clearly, without anger or revenge but more of a resonable sue only, I know I won't begin a sue if something is not recomanded but I'm still a bit nervous.. It may also be a lot of money involved which I may have to pay first, but I think it's time..

roger

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:20 pm
@hochdorf,
1) Never write or say anything you don't want repeated.

2) Save your money.
hochdorf

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:24 pm
@roger,
Well it's not that I wrote bad things there, just a little rubbish.
I think at least on of the comments to the post, is so bad, that at least I may sue him, I think it's pretty promised that in this case I will get my money back + damages. I know it's most comfortable to stay on the comfort zone but I feel this is a situation I should act, also it's not the first time.
roger

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:47 pm
@hochdorf,
Okay. She rejected you and was rude. You attacked her. She published your attack. You think you have some sort of valid tort. I disagree, so sue me.
hochdorf

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 03:40 pm
@roger,
Publishing a private convo without the acceptence of the second part of it is a violating of the right for privacy in my country. Some of the many replies to the post are medium-severe libel/slander.
layman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 09:02 pm
@hochdorf,
Quote:
Publishing a private convo without the acceptence of the second part of it is a violating of the right for privacy in my country.

Suppose I tell a guy that if he doesn't give me his wallet within 3 seconds, I will shoot him in the head. Would my "right to privacy' be violated if he repeated the conversation to another?
roger

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 09:54 pm
@layman,
Well, Hell yeah. Private conversation and all.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 09:58 pm
@hochdorf,
You say you're 25 years old? You behave like a little spoiled child that got rejected. So your pride is shaken, get up and move on.
You will not win in a suit, you will lose money and even your face.
So be a man for a change and have some dignity and move on.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 12:09 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

You say you're 25 years old? You behave like a little spoiled child that got rejected. So your pride is shaken, get up and move on.
You will not win in a suit, you will lose money and even your face.
So be a man for a change and have some dignity and move on.

Not only will the OP be laughed out of the courtroom, he just might have a stern judge appointed to the case. He might find the lawsuit an utter insult to the judicial system and place all of the initial and closing legal fees on our thread's overly sensitive plaintiff. That's what I'd do if I was the judge assigned to said prospective case.
0 Replies