6
   

is death the cause of evolution

 
 
Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 12:29 pm
Yep is death the cause of change of form in life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 4,715 • Replies: 137
No top replies

 
View best answer, chosen by martinies
rosborne979
 
  1  
Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 12:54 pm
@martinies,
martinies wrote:
Yep is death the cause of change of form in life.
Evolution isn't about individuals, it's about populations, and populations don't die, they go extinct. Or they change so much over time that they are no longer recognizable as what they once were.
martinies
 
  0  
Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 01:35 pm
@rosborne979,
Yes but isnt death the real changer of life forms so the event as it happens is a presentation of death. Example a lion chasing an antelope death has formed both animals and the event of the lion chasing the antelope is death as the presenter of the event in action.
rosborne979
 
  1  
Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 07:30 pm
@martinies,
You seem to be a little hung up on death. And I really can't make any sense of how you are trying to force it into your understanding of evolution. But at the very least you should realize that death is irrelevant to evolution once an organism has already reproduced.
martinies
 
  1  
Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 07:46 pm
@rosborne979,
No it was a the thought that evolved forms of life owe the reason for there forms present form of existance to the death of past forms which might if they had lived change future forms. Its seems to me that the most important thing that brings about change in evolution is death. So if were able to look at evolution of a life form speeded up a million times normal speed it would be easy to see that it was death that shaped an animals present form.
rosborne979
 
  1  
Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 04:13 am
@martinies,
Ok. So are you just restating or re-observing "Survival of the fittest"? Or are you implying something different?
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 04:26 am
Reproductive opportunity is the operative mechanism in evolution. Death takes every life form, regardless of whether or not they successfully reproduce. This member has had this death is evolution obsession for a long time, and it makes no more sense now than it did at the beginning.
0 Replies
 
mobilepundits
 
  0  
Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 04:28 am
@martinies,
Many (not all) who believe in evolution don't believe there is a God, they don't believe man was created, and they don't believe there is any such thing as sin.
productionmedia
 
  0  
Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 07:06 am
@martinies,
We are all getting older. The average human lifespan has doubled in the past one hundred years, prompting claims that 60 is the new 40 and 50 the new 20. But decade relabeling aside, we are still aging in much the same way we always did: as we grow older, our risk of dying increases dramatically. Once the average British male hits their late 20s, their (initially small) chances of passing away will double with every decade that follows.
martinies
 
  1  
Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 08:17 am
@productionmedia,
Death as the underlying cause of evolution brings back the status quo of the event to 50-50 on as to weather we were created by a god. If there is a god there is no death and death would be the life changing force which acts upon the created event to change its life forms. In other words life and death are one.
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 03:55 pm
@martinies,
I've said before you watch too many zombie movies.Here is the solution I posted a while back
http://able2know.org/topic/246443-1
That should free your mind
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 12:31 am
I declare this discussion hopeless.
martinies
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:06 am
@Setanta,
Is that the death of this discussion then. O that means it cant evolve then.
0 Replies
 
rosborne979
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 04:17 am
@mobilepundits,
mobilepundits wrote:

Many (not all) who believe in evolution don't believe there is a God, they don't believe man was created, and they don't believe there is any such thing as sin.

So what's your point?
martinies
 
  0  
Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 05:00 am
@rosborne979,
The point is that god has to be the unmoving part of nature. The part of natural existance that projects the local nature. So death as nonlocality is the unmoving changer of local life forms.
rosborne979
 
  2  
Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 07:04 pm
@martinies,
martinies wrote:
The point is that god has to be the unmoving part of nature.
There is no evidence or indication of any God in nature. So you are starting with an unreasonable assumption.
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 07:44 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

martinies wrote:
The point is that god has to be the unmoving part of nature.
There is no evidence or indication of any God in nature. So you are starting with an unreasonable assumption.


Yep. That's the problem with working from purely a priori concepts. Anything you can imagine works. How many angels can dance on the head of a pin, etc. Meaningless without evidence.
martinies
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 10:26 pm
@FBM,
Ok then I will put it this way god is the relativity in the event as seen in spooky action at a distance. And death then is gods hand in the relativity of the event as seen in evolution of species or forms.
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 10:31 pm
@martinies,
Why even bother with the obsolete concept of a god? It's an ancient mythological concept that is completely superfluous to science.
martinies
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 10:44 pm
@FBM,
Well god is a word for no thing. The no thing that created something. Or to put it another way the no thing that something came out of or the something that dosnt happen as in move.
 

Related Topics

Best Euphemism for death and dying.... - Discussion by tsarstepan
Cause of death..... - Discussion by gungasnake
Hypothetical question... - Question by nononono
A Philosophy of Mortality and Suicide - Discussion by JLO1988
Knowledge of Death - Question by mikeymojo
Good Bits of Culture on Death - Question by The Pentacle Queen
Death and what happens next? - Question by MrSteMurph
How do you view death? - Discussion by hamilton
why fear death??? - Discussion by hamilton
 
  1. Forums
  2. » is death the cause of evolution
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/05/2021 at 09:20:01