is death the cause of evolution

FBM

Sat 11 Apr, 2015 11:25 pm
@martinies,
Entanglement. Electromagnetism. Gravity. If you're going down the road of 'what caused that?', then you're already on a slippery slope. If you posit a first cause, and unmoved mover, then the question naturally asrises: What caused that?
martinies

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 12:50 am
@FBM,
No thing is indistinguishable to its self. A created thing is distingishable from nothing as something and is there for relative. So no thing is the non happening first cause there is no thing else.
FBM

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 02:42 am
@martinies,
What makes you think that the universe (or any thing) was created?
martinies

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 03:28 am
@FBM,
The way locality exists inside the c limit.
FBM

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 03:31 am
@martinies,
That makes no sense.
martinies

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 03:36 am
@FBM,
Limited things must be bought into existance.
Setanta

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 03:41 am
Which also makes no sense. He's just making this sh*t up in his head as he goes along.
FBM

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 03:42 am
@martinies,
martinies wrote:

Limited things must be bought into existance.

Why?
martinies

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 04:20 am
@FBM,
Why because if something is limited it means it the something that is limited is a tempory form of a less limited thing.
Setanta

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 04:22 am
No, "it" doesn't mean that at all. You're just babbling.
0 Replies

FBM

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 04:23 am
@martinies,
martinies wrote:

Why because if something is limited it means it the something that is limited is a tempory form of a less limited thing.

What makes you think that this is true?
martinies

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 06:21 am
@FBM,
It means all local states are a limited form of a limitless nonlocal cause. We see this in evolution of species the limited form is ever changing to fit a leesser limited enviroment. And in the end the limited envioment will its self desolve back into the limitless nonlocality.
FBM

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 07:02 am
@martinies,
Quote:
It means all local states are a limited form of a limitless nonlocal cause.

What is the source of this claim?
0 Replies

martinies

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 07:11 am
@Setanta,
Death is the end of a limited thing but the limited thing was inside a limitless thing which is consciouness.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 01:07 pm
As i have said, you're just babbling. You have not even give bad logic as a basis for your silly claims about limits, limitlessness and consciousness. Apparently, you don't understand that people are not obliged to take what you say seriously, just because you say it.
FBM

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 05:10 pm
@Setanta,
Reminds me of this: http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/
martinies

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 05:45 pm
@FBM,
Fbm as a scientist you must agree surely that death is the main impactor on the evolution of species. Take the dinosaurs for instance they almost were at some stage completely wiped out . This alone must convince a logical mind that death is the shaper of life forms. Other wise here we will have come of the rails of common sense completely into some wierd prejudice that you and definitely setanter have. You certainly risk not being taken seriously your self. As the folks back home will see.
FBM

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 05:48 pm
@martinies,
First of all, I'm not a scientist, and your posts lead me to think that you're not, either.

Secondly, I must not agree that death is the main impactor on the evolution of species. In my understanding, birth, environment, reproduction and random mutations are more important.
martinies

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 06:00 pm
@FBM,
You are not a scientist ok. Well you had me thinking you were from past posts. But it seems here you have some personal issue that will not allow you to simply say the obvious which is death without doubt is the controling factor in evolution of species. The fossils found in the different stages going back to when life had not climbed out of the sea prove by there presents that death has been the fomer of life forms.
FBM

Sun 12 Apr, 2015 06:06 pm
@martinies,
I don't have any personal issue keeping me from agreeing with your idea. I just don't see how it holds up to scientific scrutiny. If anything, death prevents adaptation, as a dead organism can't reproduce its genome. The genetic adaptations of the reproductive organisms determine the course of evolution, as far as I can tell.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:44:06