is death the cause of evolution

martinies

Tue 14 Apr, 2015 11:57 pm
@FBM,
what trying to get across is that death is a supernatural thing and that supernatral event acts on the natrual world to change it. Even say watching the event of a bird eating a worm.
martinies

Tue 14 Apr, 2015 11:59 pm
@FBM,
what im trying to get across here is that death is a supernatural thing and that supernatral event acts on the natrual world to change it. Even say the event of a bird eating a worm.
0 Replies

FBM

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:03 am
@martinies,
What's supernatural about death? Seems perfectly mundane to me.
martinies

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:16 am
@FBM,
Its the consciouness that is the super natural part of death it dosnt die so its supernatural. The bird and the worm for example have consciousness which is supernatral so when the bird eats the worm the worms consciousness remains the exact same as it was when it was living and is at one with all consciousness including the consciouness of the bird or a human observer of the bird worm event that has changed evolution to some small extent. Death in the event shows the supernatural agent consciousness at work on the natrual event changing forms.
FBM

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:21 am
@martinies,
Do you have any evidence of this?
martinies

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:30 am
@FBM,
Can you see the point I am making about evolution fbm is not hollow. It is correct.
FBM

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:35 am
@martinies,
No, I can't. Do you have any evidence that death is supernatural? Evidence.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:39 am
This guy is hopeless. I'm not going to waste any more time on him.
martinies

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 01:29 am
@Setanta,
If consciousness is supernatural like I have explained then its the supernatural element that causes and brings about change in the natural world through death. Its as if a fact and the fact being supernatural consciousness acts on and changes forms which are limited and fictional in respect to the supernatural phenomenon of consciousness.
FBM

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 01:34 am
@martinies,
You seem to always change the subject when I ask for evidence. What evidence do you have that consciousness is a supernatural phenomenon?
martinies

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 01:43 am
@FBM,
The change in light duality when observed
FBM

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 01:47 am
@martinies,
Your claim that those things are related is just your claim. Not evidence. You need evidence to support the claim. Where is the evidence that consciousness is supernatural?
martinies

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 01:57 am
@FBM,
light duality is affected by observation that is evidents for the supernature of consciousness. If not say why not.
FBM

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 02:00 am
@martinies,
A claim is not evidence.

Also, the person making the claim bears the burden of evidence. I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I'm just asking for your evidence.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 03:58 am
@martinies,
martinies wrote:

light duality is affected by observation that is evidents for the supernature of consciousness. If not say why not.

The shadow of a basketball and the shadow of a plate look the same, but the duality of that shadow does not imply supernaturality any more than does the duality of light itself.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 05:36 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:

Evolution is driven by three factors, Reproduction, Variation and Selection. Death really has nothing to do with it.

It seems like you are desperately trying to find some cosmic significance to death, and there just isn't any.

Cosmic, perhaps not, and Martinies is losing it there. But death does have a huge biological significance, including in evolution. Without the possibility of death, there would be little reason to evolve in the first place.
Olivier5

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 06:46 am
@Olivier5,
Life is defined as the capacity to self-reproduce. Now, there are basically two ways to do that: cloning (aka asexual multiplication) and sexual reproduction. Cloning is the easy one but it produces individuals that are exact copies of the 'parent', without much possibility for evolution.

Sexual reproduction (sex) is much more complicated. It involves two indivuduals mixing their genes randomly to produce new, totally unique individuals. This is not easy to do, and requires very sophisticated mechanisms at chromosome level.

So why go for complex sex when you can go with simple cloning? Because conditions change and thus it can advantageous to change, to evolve.

Take an amibia. It can multiply by clonning (mitosis) very fast and does so as long as the environment is favorable. But when in crisis, ie when the amibias around start to die from one stress or another, they start to 'have sex': they mate, and produce unique new genetic individuals by sharing their genes, as a way to try and adapt to the new environment.

Biologically speaking, sex can therefore be seen as a way to accelerate evolution, by mixing genes between individuals to produce genetically new individuals, and overcome changes in the environment that are dangerous to survival of the species.
martinies

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:56 pm
@Olivier5,
Death is were the natural and the supernatural come together and act to shape the event forms. limited things are influenced by an unlimited dimension.
Olivier5

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 01:21 pm
@martinies,
Death is the thing that scares people so much that they invent all sorts of very strange ideas about it...
0 Replies

rosborne979

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 06:04 pm
@martinies,
martinies wrote:

Death is were the natural and the supernatural come together and act to shape the event forms. limited things are influenced by an unlimited dimension.

I think you are an automated meaningless-phrase generating bot.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 05:36:13