Britain to get decidedly pissed off with Iran.

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 07:09 am
We want our boats back. That's all three of them, together with the oars and the footpumps. Her Majesty the Queen is not at all amused about having a sizeable proportion of the Royal Navy nicked. It was bad enough when the Army had the tyres of the Land Rover let down in Baghdad, but we will not stand for this.

So unless we get our boats back, and pretty damn quick, we will send a gunboat....no give us a boat back so we can send a gunboat and dont even think about nicking it again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,087 • Replies: 43
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 07:11 am
Y'all gonna invade or just turn the country into glass?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 07:15 am
I said what we would do. We are demanding a boat back so we can send a gunboat and to sort out those Persian fellas once and for all.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 07:26 am
Quote:
Y'all gonna invade or just turn the country into glass?

You see its this sort of attitude which continually gets the Americans into so much trouble. No sense of diplomacy. We will neither invade nor turn the country into glass. Should we not get the Navy back, we will send a high level delegation from the the English County Cricket Board to explain, in detail, the laws of cricket. We expect the Persians to surrender immediately.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 07:42 am
Torture in a new perspective.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 10:31 am
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
Torture in a new perspective.

New perspective? They do such, really!

And since not only I, but also Iran knows that - oars, footpumps, megaphones, handbooks 'Bridge and Chart Room' as well 'Safe Navigation in Small Boats on the Shatt-al-Arab' will soon be back at Her Majesty's Royal Navy Quartermaster's kind disposal.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 11:01 am
'Safe Navigation in Small Boats on the Shatt-al-Arab' Laughing Laughing

A best seller in Britain, or soon will be
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 11:02 am
Apparently they are releasing the sailors.......fear of cricket wins the day.....
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 11:08 am
I'm developing an Anglophobia here...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 03:59 pm
They didn't run a damn successful empire for a long time without learning SOMETHING.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 04:13 pm
Imagine if it had been a US boat: Operation Shock 'n' Awe II.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 04:36 pm
Hmmm - we had to threaten the Indonesians in East Timor with cricket. It was a controversial decision - some folk think it against the Geneva convention - but man, it sure clears a warzone!

You folk oughta use gridiron more. It should be at least as effective - I mean, you hafta dress up in dumb clothes, and wear short pants, and such.

Scares the bejesus out of me.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 04:53 pm
Nnnooooo!!! Not the shotgun play! Anything but the shotgun play! Here, take my children.. anything! Just don't explain the shotgun to me again!!!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 05:04 am
Quote:
They didn't run a damn successful empire for a long time without learning SOMETHING.

Biggest mistake we made was introducing those damn rabbits to Australia.

This whole episode seems shrouded in mystery. (Why only one small paragraph on page 12 of Guardian today?)

First the crew are to be released. Now they are being transported to Tehran.

Yesterday they were delivering boats to the Iraq river police.

Now it seems they were indeed British special forces with some highly sensitive equipment on board. (Which we want back, and its more sophisticated than oars and footpumps)

Members of the Special Boats Squadron (if thats what they are) do not ferry patrol boats about. Neither do they accidentally stray into 'enemy' territory.

I smell something distinctly fishy about all this, and its not just the Shatt al Arab either.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 05:19 am
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......curiouser and curiouser...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 05:36 am
My sentiments entirely.

You heard the one about the hungry rabbit who goes in a bar?

Orders some food...nothing but sandwiches available

So he orders a lettuce sandwich. With chilli sauce and onion. Delicious toasted

So good in fact he has another. Cheese lettuce (not much) sardine and ham. Toasted as before.

And another carrot anchovy soy sauce chicken and mushroom. (with tabasco). Toasted as usual.

Next day he phones in sick. "I'm not well, the vet says I've got mixinmetoasties".
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 05:43 am
yer a sick man...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 05:50 am
Way past your warren time isn't it?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 06:05 am
Nope - 'tis but 9.35 pm
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 07:42 am
Oh my

Does that mean Australia is getting closer?
0 Replies