A Mooning, Hooning and Lairizing Digression.

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 12:46 am
hmmm - I said that I have revealed a few of my more vanilla flavoured secrets - can you not reciprocate?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 02:07 am
Wilso
Whaddya mean you may have hooned in your younger days???

Jeez, boy - what about now??? It's more fun now because people don't expect it. Anyway, I used you on the Minnamurra bends as an example a few definitions back!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 06:11 am
More silliness from Joan Dark:

The Washington Post published a contest for readers in which
they were asked to supply alternate meanings for various words.

The following were some of the winning entries:

Coffee (n.), a person who is coughed upon.

Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight you have gained.

Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.

Esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation while drunk.

Willy-nilly (adj.), impotent.

Negligent (adj.), describes a condition in which you absentmindedly answer the door in your nightie.

Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.

Gargoyle (n.), an olive-flavored mouthwash.

Flatulence (n.) the emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are run over by a steamroller.

Balderdash (n.), a rapidly receding hairline.

Testicle (n.), a humorous question on an exam.

Rectitude (n.), the formal, dignified demeanor assumed by a
proctologist immediately before he/she examines you.

Oyster (n.), a person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddish
expressions.

Circumvent (n.), the opening in the front of boxer shorts.

Frisbeetarianism (n.), The belief that, when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck there.

AND FINALLY!

Pokemon (n), A Jamaican proctologist.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 08:21 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 09:12 am
Margo -- I've looked all over for these Minnamura Bends... just in case there were some pointers I ought to know about. Couldna find 'em. Are you sure that was on this thread?

I love those daffynitions -- my favorite is a lymph.

The most amazing case of hooning (if I've got this definition down) is one that happened in my youth. I was not an active participant, more of an accessory to the crime, but as it happened a few of my friends were in a stage play... dressed as nuns. It was a usual thing for to be hooning up and down the street of the nearby town every Friday night. On this night I'm thinking of, my friends decided to commence hooning in these aforementioned costumes of white & black. They frightened the children, I tell ya, and they shocked the elders. It was a sight... a terrible sight, and these all good Catholic girls, of course.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 09:27 am
was it nooning?
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 09:39 am
Teehee!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 05:06 pm
A nooning? Uh-huh and wicked, as they say. Several felt the need to confess afterwards.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 05:30 pm
LOL!!!!! have always wanted to go about as a nun for a day - but now that they let 'em dress like normal, if boring, women - what is the point?

I mean if you are gonna be a nun, be a NUN!!!! One of those sail head-dresses would be good.....and LONG skirts and nun shoes and nun stockings and a nun cross....and then I would SKIP!

Skipping down the street I would go - I would be the skipping digressing nun...when I prayed I would digress....our father, well mother is just as likely, our parent?...hmmm...sounds good, who art in heaven...IS there art in heaven?... I do hope so...Malcolm in Macbeth said there was husbandry in heaven, and he found out first hand soon after....there is no marriage in heaven, though, is there wifery...like cleaning the place and stuff?...I hope women aren't expected to do more than their fair share of that up there too...well, wouldn't be heaven if we did, but there may be need for feminism in heaven - or had god gotten over sexism?.....hmmmm, I hope so...hallowed be thy name ..funny word that...hallowed....

well, you may get the general idea now....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 05:31 pm
Were they MOONING nuns? Acolytes of Artemis and all?
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 05:37 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Thinking of Deb, skipping down the street, in full habit. With an acoustic guitar, singing "Dominique",..ala Debbie Reynolds in "The Singing Nun" Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 05:42 pm
I would be singing the Vatican Rag!!!

First you get down on your knees,
Fiddle with your rosaries,
Bow your head with great respect and
genuflect, genuflect, genuflect!

Get in line in that processional
Step into that small confessional
There the man who's got religion'll
Tell you if your sin's original!
If it is, try playing it safer,
Drink the wine and chew the wafer,
2, 4, 6, 8 - time to transubstantiate!

(Love the Python, Jerry! Sadly, there ARE aspects of THAT rabbit in me!)
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 05:45 pm
Shocked Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 09:50 pm
Wee wabbit, when I was a teenager, we would drive in the desert outside Tucson. Like you, we would race as fast as we could on those empty desert roads with nothing to stop us except for the occasional cow.

Deb, why in the world would you regret being like a Monty Python character? You have that same, wonderful zaniness. Besides, who wouldn't love the Vatican Rag? It's catchy while capturing the best of all that is religious.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:00 pm
Er - have you listened to the little tape, Diane? 'Tis about the killer, psychotic rabbit from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"! LOL!

I am very happy to be Pythonesque, generally...

Yes - all that racing, very Springsteen, no?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:13 pm
different subject-anyone seen matrix around lately?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:14 pm
I haven't, as a matter of fact.....hmmmmmmm.....
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:15 pm
Was Springsteen ever in the desert?

I had a friend from Wyoming who said on the four hour drives to the nearest town, she & her sister would try to hit as many of those metal road markers as possible with their parent's Cadillac. Great fun when you're bored.

Another thing we liked to do was find those road construction lights (the ones that blink yellow all night long, you know these?) and try to hide them in the car until we'd get close to another, then pull it out. Of course, you couldn't turn off the light, so it was pretty hard to keep that light under wraps.

My friends who nooned it did not moon, but they did make quite a stir when they entered the local pizza joint, after a big to-do getting out of a convertible Chevrolet (that was, in itself, well-known on the Strip) They ordered pizza with extra pepperoni, chatted about what sort of softdrinks they should have and casually talked about the beer (but didn't try for that... they knew their limits). They made a big fuss about where to sit, spoke to small children, acted silly and flirted with the men.

Afterwards and back in the convertible or rather, hanging OUT of the car... there was a certain amount of skin baring... but no mooning. I'm not sure why. My class had a young athlete whose nickname was "Moon" -- I didn't understand why for a long time, being carefully raised, but it seems whenever the team bus would drive down this avenue... he would .... well.... moon everybody in sight. Nowadays I think he'd go to jail. Then, it was just funny.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:23 pm
Nooned it? That's some adventurous high school girls... Where I come from a nooner is intercourse of a sexual variety on one's lunch break! I don't know about your high school, but most of the girls I knew back then weren't brave enough to let people know about their adventures until college!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:33 pm
OH. Not that kind of nooning!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 05:24:25