[answered] Craven, do you know what causes this?

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 09:13 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26552&highlight=

BumbleBeeBoogie
Veteran Member

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:04 am Post: 752076 - Craven - what causes this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Blatham, your point illustrates a grave concern I have about the increasing privation of traditionally military forces. Contracting out with private companied (mercenaries?) do fight or to provide security which involves fighting may lead to marketing conflict and wars. After all, these companies won't survive financially unless there are conflicts and wars for them to bid on. This conflict of interest (for a peaceful world) may have unintended consequences that we should be concerned about.

If we think the military-industrial complex has inordinate power over our government, then think about the potential for mischief created by such independent contracts. They also might be beyond the reach of our laws to control them.

BBB

Craven, I've noticed during the last week that in some of my posts certain words, after the post is made, appear in green underlined. When clicking on that green word, it leads to a commerical ad. In the above post, the word is "security." I suspect that it is somehow connected with my firewall protection program.

Do you know what causes this? How can I prevent this so links to business ads do not occur. Is this happening in other people's posts?

BBB

p.s. You will notice that the word "firewall" became underlined and in green in this post.

BumbleBeeBoogie: Aerodynamically, it's impossible for the BumbleBee to fly because of the shape and size of its body in relationship to it's wing span, but the BumbleBee doesn't know this and it flies anyway.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 799 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 09:18 am
Gonna mark this answered. BBB, see: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23352
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 09:31 am
Jespah
Thanks, Jespah, I'd forgotten that A2K was going to experiment with that new program. I thought it was some goof I had made with my firewall protection program.

What do other A2Kers think about the little green words?

BBB Smile
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 09:39 am
I could care less about the little green words, BBB, but I do wonder why Caviarfancier's thread about them was pulled?

Jes?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 09:46 am
Re: Jespah
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Thanks, Jespah, I'd forgotten that A2K was going to experiment with that new program. I thought it was some goof I had made with my firewall protection program.

What do other A2Kers think about the little green words?

BBB Smile

I like them - cos I understand they are an effective form of advertising for this site - and may help it to pay for itself - this is a good thing, I think.

I am also amused by where the responded to words may take one!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:19 am
I'm finding them quite amusing these days. The context of the post/thread is so rarely relevant to the ad.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 11:12 am
Letty wrote:
I could care less about the little green words, BBB, but I do wonder why Caviarfancier's thread about them was pulled?

Jes?

It was pulled because he was advocating that people play with them. The Advertisers do not pay for games.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 11:20 am
Well, finally. I didn't see the thread that way, Craven, but you certainly know more about that than I do. Thank you for answering my question.
0 Replies