Family falling apart over Religion

Rick d Israeli

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 11:43 am
I wish you the best luck DeAnnaB!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 07:59 pm
Asherman--

How selfless of you to share your experiences to help someone else. It must have been difficult. I thank you.

DeAnna-- Please try to absorb the helpful, instructive points. I think your husband is seriously unstable, and you have been exposed for so long, you aren't thinking and seeing clearly. Asherman is right, as harsh as it sounds. You have become an unwitting accomplice to what your children are enduring. You can stop it. I'm on your side.

There are state counselling centers, where you either don't have to pay--or pay on a sliding scale. But, I think that should come after you leave. Contact a womens' shelter, please, and get out before something MORE tragic happens.
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 06:20 pm
Asherman.
Right on!
DeAnnaB... Get that pittyfull exscuse for a man a big bottle of poison... give it to him and ask him to prove his religious beliefs.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 03:30 pm
Shocked

Wow...Your husband is a real assh*le. Listen to the rest of these people, and good luck!

Be careful, too. You don't want your children to start to resent you for allowing this man to tear apart your family (I've seen it happen).
0 Replies

Zhavric

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 06:13 am
Re: Family falling apart over Religion
DeAnnaB wrote:
I am new here... Sad I am so sad!
My Husband of almost 19 years is a recovering Alcoholic/Drug Abuser..
He was a major addict to Crack Cocaine. Our Children and I have lived years of hell. You name it he most likely done it. And we got to see it or be the brunt of his actions. It was aweful. I was the one raising my children alone. I protected my childern the best I could and their Father would sometimes disapear for a week at a time on drug binges. We just went on living our life. I felt if I left my husband I would be abandoning him tearing our kids from their father, but if I stayed my kids learned horrible things from him and felt so unloved by their Father or he could not hurt them as he was doing. I did my best to show my kids the things he was doing was not good, and hoped they would see from their own hurt and the hurt they seen he caused around him. Needless to say, My kids leaned towards me and have not ever gain much respect for their Father. He was really never a Father to them. Actually out of his on guilt when coming down from drugs he would try to be the cool friend and talk cool sexual stuff with our oldest son and his friends and so on...
Around 20 months ago, My husband after getting in legal trouble decided to start going to church. This should had been a good thing. But... He became very unkind.. I had an abused Nephew living with me to try and help him as a good Christian should. My Husband became aweful to him. Saying he was Satan, mentally and Physically attacking him. My heart was broken when my Husband ignored my tears again in life and kicked my Nephew out of my house to go back living with his drug addict abusive mom. My hands were tied.
Everyone kept telling me he will balance out...
Well he has now been involved with another Church (Pentecostal) and in so many ways it is tearing this family apart.
He is not a kind person.. Now he is so deeply involved that a good deal of his time is with the Church (As if he had not been in our life enough when on drugs). He is become extremely SRTCT! Uses the bible against the kids. Says God says to obey your Father. (Though he never earned respect from them). He uses bible verses as punishment. How sinful the kids are if they disrespect him. My kids and I have always believed in God, Or trust me we would not made it through years of hell. But because of the craziness my husband is always displaying it is back firing causing us to resent the bible which leaves me with guilt. I believe my husband needs to show his belief by his new found action and speak of the loving God, But it is always the opposite. He stomps and yells that the Lord will be served in his house. It is as if he has found a new addiction that he is abusing. He is constantly forcing his beliefs on our freinds, family and children. Basically saying this is his house and things will go his way. To heck with me. He is mean. Not kind as a Christian should be. My kids are not seeing an excepting, loving man. They see a contorl person and are resenting him more. He is often degrading. Telling our 19 year he is not a man. Wants him to be a man, yet treats him like a boy.
Another issue is that many of the things my husband says is off the wall. Example: One day he was telling our kids that he was a Jew. For the bible says if you believe in Jesus than your a Jew. Another time our youngest daughter had been talking about wanting a cell phone (She was 9 an play toy) and my husband must had grabbed by accident an extra cell phone we had and stuck it in his truck. He found it that day and swore that God placed that cell phone in his truck for he had told our daughter if she prayed hard enough for one her prayer may be answered. Just the other night he said at the dinner table that if you are a true beliver than you can drink posion and handle a rattle snake and you will not die. He said it is a scripture which I know what he is talking about, but that is not what I believe it means. It angers me to see him telling this stuff to my kids. Confusion and craziness..... Am I wrong... What should I do?

EHL OH EHL

Ah... thanks. I needed that. THAT was funny.

Christianity: replacing crack in households since 1995.
0 Replies