Share your interesting Dreams...

stuh505

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 09:09 pm
A few weeks ago I had a series of disturbing dreams...actually, my dreams are always disturbing...but I shared them with a friend online...and writing them out, they seemed almost poetic. These 3 were extracted word for word from the conversation. I find reading them over interesting. I would love to read some other peoples dreams. I hope this can be a good sharing thread because everyone should be able to contribute.

Here are the three that I have transcribed so far:

The Peanuts
i was in the desert with some friends, on top of a tall desert hill, with a cliff halfway down the hill
we were on top
and started eating salty peanuts even though we were already thirsty
i just couldnt get enough of those damn peanuts
but the peanuts made me stop caring about everyting else
everything
and i started to roll down the hill
but i didnt care i just kept eating those peanuts
and i came to the cliff
and rolled off
looking up
smiling at my friend
as she looked down at me in horror
plunging to my death
i was so happy

In My House
i was i nmy house with my brother
overlooking our lake out the big windows
and i heard a great boom
a thunderous boom that seemed to shake the earth
i looked out over the lake and saw the waters were lifted in a gigantic wave
a shockwave
from an atom bomb
and i knew that the terrorists were finally getting their revenge
and i looked at my brother
and i cried
because i knew that our life would never be the same
that safe little egg shell of america had been cracked

A Second Chance
somehow i lost my arm
i cant remember how it happeend
but i didnt want to live that way, with everyone giving me funny looks, never being able to be with a beautiful woman
so i decided i would kill myself
but first
i went around to every body that i loved
and told them goodbye because i was goign to kill myself
in my dream this was so real
it was as if i had already killed myself in my dream

I look forward to reading yours!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 722 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Jim

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 10:39 pm
I rarely remember my dreams.

There are two dreams I've kept on having off and on over years. In the first one I'm back at high school. I can't remember the combination to my locker or my course schedule. And there's one class I've forgotten to go to for weeks, and now I'm hopelessly far behind. Oddly enough, quite a few of my friends have also had similar dreams.

The second dream is about work. I've just turned my notice in, and I'm overjoyed about it. But as time passes I realize I don't have another job lined up yet and I start to panic.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 09:17 am
Jim, I have had that first dream several times also Razz

Here's a new one I just had...

I stand on the deck of my house with my family having dinner on a summer night
The wind blows incredibly strong and the sky is somewhat dark
It whips through the trees and over the lake bending the trees too much
First one tree simply snaps in half and goes spinning past the deck and into the lake
Then another, as the trees grow thinner, the wind grows stronger
And the biggest tree of all finally is snapped in half and hurled onto the deck, knocking it off of our house and landing directly on my mother
She is pinned under its weight in mid-air, apparently unhurt but unable to move
My step dad plants a gigantic twisted tree root in our lawn in replacement of that tree
The tree roots must be twenty feet tall
and I wonder where he got the marvelous thing from
0 Replies

Sententia

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 07:39 pm
I had so many dreams in elementary that I don't know where to start! I guess the saddest dream will be a good start...

As an elementary student, I lived in an environment that wasn't exactly a warm and happy one... Every night, I would fall asleep to the screaming and yelling of my parents and my grandmother. I was really attached to my mother but sort of distant to my father and grandma since they never really talked or played with me. But one day, my mother was so hurt by something my grandma had said that when I tried to talk to her, she pushed me away and yelled at me for the first time. I cried the whole day until I fell asleep at night.

I guess I slept without dreaming for a long time until morning. In that dream, I was in my room reading a book. The house was unusually silent, so I went outside in the living room to see what everyone was doing. No one was there, so I went to my oldest sister's room. The screen door was open for some reason, so I went outside to see what was going on. Outside, I saw my father and sister looking up. I looked up as well and saw a hot air balloon hovering over the ground. My mother was inside the basket crying and not looking at us. I tugged at my sister's shirt and asked her why mother was in the hot air balloon. My sister laughed and said that she was leaving us. Then, the balloon floated away and all I could do was stare at my mother's face until I could see her no more. I didn't cry at all. I guess I was too scared to...

But when I woke up immediately after the balloon became a speck, I started crying. I stayed in my bed for about five minutes before I got up to check if my mother was still in the house. The dream was that real for me.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 01:44 pm
I always remember my dreams but like some movies they only make sense in the audio and visual. i do a lot of location jumping around in my dreams.

I'm a film student and well proabably my best Director is Tarantino (look i'm kinda messed in the head). Anyway somebody in my dream wanted to introduce me to somebody. Now we all sitting around outside in the forest above what looks like Cape Town (South AFrica) smoking joints and drinking beer. Now enter Tarantion now I'm like **** me, I choke on the joint, and pass it to him. I'm trying to be cool here you know, but i'm in disbelief so he holds out his ahnd and he's like "hey I'm Quentin" I'm like yeah i know. He laughs, i laugh, I shake his hand and poke him to see his real. Anywa point is he starts discussing this film he wants to shoot, and i say cool I can help him out with locations.

So we go scouting in my car (yeah right like Tarantino would drive around with some idiot in their dingy little car) anyway All I keep saying to him is don't tell the people from AFDA that you are here (the film shcool that I am at is called AFDA) he's like who the **** are they and I'm like don't worry about it just don't tell them. Through out the dream i kept touching him to make sure he was real. Anyway when I awike from that I dream i don't think i could have been more depressed in my life to be awake.
0 Replies