Windows XP / mail problem

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 04:37 am
Hello,

I hope nobody actually HAS this problem, but maybe someone HAD it..

On Windows XP installation, with updates, Adobe kit (photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), OpenOffice, a problem developed: e-mails cannot be sent using this computer.
E mails are actually sent, but rejected by the pop3(!) server because of embedded NULL characters in the mail. Actually the SMTP server handles the e-mail (they are probably different software - pop3 and smtp..).
This information was received from internet provider after some discussion with them.
As a result, e-mail can be sent only to some addresses, but not others.

We have tried different e-mail clients: MS outlook express, MS outlook, Eudora, Netscape mailer.

ALL of them seem to have developed this embedded NULL characters problem.

Any hints (before we format&reinstall - with success not guaranteed)?

Thanks really,

Relative
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,011 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 11:53 pm
Weird one... really weird.

Can you check to see if all files have embedded null characters on this box?
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:53 am
Turned out that PANDA antivirus was doing it - presumably scanning outgoing e-mail and adding NULL chars in the process.. Uh, oh.

Relative
0 Replies

Brougham

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 08:13 am
Panda is the PROBLEM!!!
I too am having this very same stressful headache with this antivirus. Don't get me wrong...I like the application very much until......I cannot use my email! I can recieve all kinds of email but I just cannot reply or send a new one. I use MS Outlook 2003 which is up to date. OS is XP which is up to date. When I shut down Panda.......guess what......I can send emails just fine again!!! Kind of defeats the purpose of why I put Panda on my machine in the first place!!! I've read A LOT of horror stories about uninstalling Panda as well so I've been quite patient to try to find a way to fix the problem first!! For the last two days I've been on the phone with my ISP thinking it was them and scrambling the internet looking for a solution this...... Evil or Very Mad

Brougham
0 Replies

Brougham

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 09:55 am
Does anyone have a solution to this??? Please!!!
0 Replies