a2k's 2015 March Madness FANTASY Extravaganza!

Ragman

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 01:16 pm
@Ragman,
they won it going away. They beat them by going inside. They be looking good. Wonder how they'll look against Zag.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 04:42 pm
Ooh, UCLA Gonzaga soon..

Polar-opposite programs Gonzaga and UCLA face off in Sweet 16

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/03/26/gonzaga-bulldogs-ucla-bruins-sweet-16-ncaa-tournament
ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 05:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Uh oh.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 07:12 pm
@ossobuco,
Followed by, "so it goes".
ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 08:56 pm
@ossobuco,
34 seconds to go and Kentucky and ND tied..

Egads, Kentucky made it in the last seconds, 68 to 66.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 09:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks for the update Osso. Was hoping Notre Dame was advancing....
ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 07:05 am
@tsarstepan,
I was a Notre Dame fan re football in my teens, rabid, I tell you. I got over that, but never actually disliked them. Recently I read that they won't let their employees be insured by them for birth control pills. Cripes, though I shouldn't have been surprised.

Neither should I let this affect what I hope for their basketball team; on the other hand, it does take the gloss off a little, and besides, I've friends in Kentucky.
Kolyo

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 06:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Thanks for the update Osso. Was hoping Notre Dame was advancing....

I could give a rat's about ND in basketball, but I think a lot of people with teams still alive were hoping Kentucky was NOT advancing.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 06:50 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I was a Notre Dame fan re football in my teens, rabid, I tell you. I got over that, but never actually disliked them. Recently I read that they won't let their employees be insured by them for birth control pills. Cripes, though I shouldn't have been surprised.

Yeah, these are Pope Benedict's kind of Catholics, not Pope Francis's.

This story is the straw that broke the camel's back for me too. I've always supported them in football, but that's over now.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 06:30 am
@Kolyo,
Even though the rest of my bracket was broken, I'm glad I picked Duke to win it all. Very Happy

Five Krzyzewski's magic number, thanks to four freshmen
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2015-04-06/five-is-krzyzewskis-magic-number-as-his-four-freshmen-help-duke-to-ncaa-title-final-four-indianapolis?eadid=SOC%2FFB%2FSNMain
Ragman

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 06:35 am
@tsarstepan,
You gotta love Coach K (unless you're a Badger supporter, of course). In my brackets, I had selected Duke but I had them going against Kentucky Wildcats.

Love to see a good deal of retention and those 4 Duke Freshmen (accounting for 60 pts) hang in there and see that matchup next year, if things stay consistent. Of course, the odds against that happening are astronomical.

And of course, Wisconsin and Izzo will have a lot to say about that happening..not to mention a few other powerhouses.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 06:39 am
@Ragman,
I'm hoping for a Duke/UConn championship next year. OF course, I'm favoring for the Huskies to win big. Very Happy
Ragman

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 06:41 am
@tsarstepan,
I'm with you 100% on that one. I hope their recruiting steps up and grabs up some more talent to hive them balance and strength.

On a different note but still about UConn, it looks pretty good with the women's side of B-ball ... UConn should do well against ND. UConn junior Breanna Stewart looks like the real deal and has been the key in the last 2 titles.
0 Replies