About The New Testament And Old

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 06:28 am
@argome321,
LANGUAGE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
Rev 2:29
29 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'
2 Tim 1:7
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
John 16:25-30
25 "These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father.
26 "In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you;
27 "for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.
28 "I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father."
29 His disciples said to Him, "See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech!
30 "Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God."
1 Cor 14:10-11
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.
1 Cor 14:7-8
7 Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played?
8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
James 3:17-18
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
II Jn 1:9-11
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
2 Cor 5:5-11
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
9 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
(NKJ)
Now it says there are many different languages in the world. Even Jesus had a special language called parables. Paul even had one he only fed them with the milk understanding. But they both Jesus and Paul said to find the Holy Spirit and learn from Him. Now John 14-26 says that the Holy Spirit will teach us all things, and bring to remembrance all things that Jesus has already said. Not what He is going to say, but what He has already said which is the verses. And John 16-13 says that the Holy Spirit cannot, remember cannot speak on His own authority, but we know from John 14-26 that He can quote verses. And by listening to the verses we can learn all about God and Jesus. And that is only if we have the gift of discernment. There are many getting verses now, and dont know that is the Holy Spirit trying to teach them.

John 7:18
18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
(NKJ)
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 06:33 am
@Squeakybro,
That's a lot better than being in the slack jawed cretins file.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 06:52 am
@izzythepush,
lol I'll bet a lot of stuff that you write sounds a lot of better in your mind before you express it.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 06:59 am
@Squeakybro,
I find it tends to mature with age, like a fine wine.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 07:25 am
@izzythepush,
lol You do sound a little fermented.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 07:28 am
@Squeakybro,
You sound lobotomised.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 07:43 am
@Squeakybro,
I understand where you are coming from, but excuse my ignorance, I have not yet read a word of Jesus that says the Hebrew scriptures are obsolete. I read Matthew 4 verse 4, where Jesus expressly says that we must live on "every word that comes from God", but then from my unlearned position, this surely includes the Hebrew scriptures, In Matthew 22 and verse 31 he appears to allude to the Hebrew scriptures when he says "Have you not read that which was spoken to you by God?"

Quote:
the bible given to me to learn from

Am I right to assume that you were only given and taught from the New Testament?
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 08:09 am
@Smileyrius,
No I know the old testament. But here is what the new testament says about it.

ABOUT THE OLD TESTAMENT
FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
2 Cor 3:14-15
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Gal 4:4-5
4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,
5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
1 Cor 10:1-12
1 Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,
2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
3 all ate the same spiritual food,
4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
5 But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.
6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted.
7 And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, "The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play."
8 Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell;
9 nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents;
10 nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer.
11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, on whom the ends of the ages have come.
12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
John 4:23-24
23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
24 "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
John 17:17
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
John 3:33
33 "He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
John 3:35-36
35 "The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand.
36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3-8
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Gal 2:19-21
19 "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Gal 3:24-25
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
Gal 5:1-5
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
Gal 4:21
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?
Rom 7:4-6
4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another-- to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
1 Pet 2:19-21
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
II Jn 1:9-11
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
John 1:17
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)
xxx Jesus wants everyone who is going to be a christian to understand that the new covenant(testament) is just that new. That you cant go back and keep any part of the old testament that Jesus hasnt brought over to the new testament. Jesus new what to bring over man doesnt. But the old testament has to be obsolete to you in order for you to get the fullness of the new testament. 11John 1-9 is very specific if you dont abide(live) in the new testament you dont have the real God. There IS a veil over the old testament that remains to THIS day.
If Jesus were in the old testament this verse could only be meant for God and the angels. But Jesus wasnt in the old testament.

8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

xxx Jesus nailed the old testament to the cross. If you have nailed the old testament to your cross, you are in Christ.

Col 2:13-14
13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
(NKJ)

Acts 15:10
10 "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
(NKJ)

Acts 15:24-29
24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, 'You must be circumcised and keep the law'-- to whom we gave no such commandment--
25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:
29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.
(NKJ)

Rom 2:1-29

1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?
4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
6 who "will render to each one according to his deeds":
7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness-- indignation and wrath,
9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;
10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
11 For there is no partiality with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
17 Indeed you are called a Jew, and rest on the law, and make your boast in God,
18 and know His will, and approve the things that are excellent, being instructed out of the law,
19 and are confident that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness,
20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, having the form of knowledge and truth in the law.
21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal?
22 You who say, "Do not commit adultery," do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law?
24 For "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you," as it is written.
25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.
26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision?
27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law?
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;
29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:7
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
(NKJ)

Heb 10:1

1 For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.
(NKJ)

Col 2:11-14
11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
(NKJ)

Heb 10:9
9 then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 01:46 pm
@Squeakybro,
So, you are claiming a special revelation from Jesus Christ?

Kind of squeaky, don't you think, bro?
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 01:57 pm
@neologist,
I guess you could call them special. But I know others who get them and we share them with each other. Have you ever heard of (Sola Scriptura)?
Anyone can get them if they believe the way Jesus said to.
Smileyrius

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 05:24 pm
@Squeakybro,
You dont appear to consider what the word "old covenant" would have meant to the people Jesus or his disciples were speaking to. They were not using cryptic expressions alluding to terms that would not be used for another 200+ years. The term old testament was not coined until the second century, the old covenant DID however have meaning to the Jews, for they were in a covenant with God as his special possession, that nation was to bear the forepromised seed, through which Jesus in his life and death, fulfilled. After which a new covenant was made, which Jesus became the Guarantor of through his sacrifice. To me, this is simple, the covenant that was made obsolete was the mosaic law, which even the scriptures you have expressed support. The Mosaic law, while covered in the Hebrew scriptures, is not synonymous with the Hebrew scriptures.

Look also at Jesus words.
Matthew 4 verse 4 "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'"
he then went on to expand on this in Matthew 22:31 "But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you"
Not only did Jesus say that mean should live on Gods words, he then referred to the Hebrew scriptures as the word of God.

Yet you appear to teach that I should have less reverence for Gods words in the Hebrew scriptures than Jesus did.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 05:32 pm
@Smileyrius,
Strongs dictionary says that testament and covenant are the same thing..

Heb 9:16-17
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
(KJV)

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.

And as far as what Jesus thought about it.

John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Smileyrius

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 09:06 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeaky, you are not understanding what I am saying here. the Old testament, was not called the old testament when these words were spoken. Regardless, I don't believe that any amount of scriptural consideration will convince you otherwise.

While I would hope it was a mere oversight on your part, your misapplication of the scripture in John 10 (read the whole passage to see what Jesus was talking about) shows me that you are not interested in an honest discussion, you are defending your creed to a fault.

It has been a pleasure Squeaky, but I am seeing nothing that shows me that your teachings are of divine origin. I wish you peace my friend, and may you find what you are seeking.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 09:26 pm
@Smileyrius,
I'm sorry you feel that away. I was enjoying our talks. I think the problem is you don't understand what I'm doing. I'm following the Holy Spirit. When you read something you think about it. You get different thoughts on the subject. Then you pick the thought that most pleases you. I don't do that. When I read something I disreguard all thoughts and wait on the verses from the Holy Spirit. And I react according to what He tells me. You think, but I listen. Because out of all the different opinions out there on each verse. The Holy Spirit is still the only guarantee of salvation.

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

Eph 1:13-14
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 1:21-22
21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God,
22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 10:05 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
I guess you could call them special. But I know others who get them and we share them with each other. Have you ever heard of (Sola Scriptura)? . . .
The doctrine of Sola Scriptural includes both the so called Old and New Testaments, or the entire 66 canonical books. Your assertion that the Hebrew Aramaic scriptures are obsolete is cotrary to that doctrine.

So, if you are professing fidelity to such a doctrine you have failed. And if you insist, you are a liar.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 11:17 pm
I think that possibly I may have read equal amounts of this type of nonsense somewhere else before. I just can't remember nor imagine where.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 07:30 am
@Squeakybro,
The problem we face here is that I do understand your perception, I am merely unlearned by your eye. That if I was of your fold I would understand. Your belief that your knowledge is divinely inspired and therefore without flaw means that we are at an impasse.

Our discussions are enjoyable inasmuch as they do get me to study, however I have observed that my questions are not being answered by your revelations, that the words and actions that I raise from the scriptures you do have reverence for are not being considered if they do not fit your teachings.(mark 4 verse 12)

It is not because I have not enjoyed our chats that I withdraw, but merely because I do not think they are progressive. I have appreciated your input, and I will engage with you again when another topic sparks my fancy, keep it up my friend.

My advice my friend, that I also apply to myself, beware that you do not fail to see a truth when it presents itself in favor of your own understanding. (Proverbs 3 verse 5 and 6) Keep on testing every inspired expression to ensure that it is from God. (1John 4 verse 4)

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 09:17 am
@neologist,
I don't know where you get that idea. How can I be a liar if I believe these verses.

Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Its plain that there is a veil over the old testament that remains to this day.

2 Cor 3:14-15
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 09:27 am
@Smileyrius,
That could be a good thing. Your wanting others to open your understanding. Or give you their understanding that you can stand on. What God wants me to do is plant seeds to get you to study. And God will open your understanding.

1 Cor 3:5-20
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building.
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.
14 If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.
18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, "He catches the wise in their own craftiness";
20 and again, "The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile."
(NKJ)

Luke 8:11-18
11 "Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12 "Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
13 "But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.
14 "And the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity.
15 "But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.
16 "No one, when he has lit a lamp, covers it with a vessel or puts it under a bed, but sets it on a lampstand, that those who enter may see the light.
17 "For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light.
18 "Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him."
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 09:39 am

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0hoTMaNhLbilaR-GlNnGcWyzJMFSiRMBuuzBBEkYtWOFTLzOcJw