Anyone hear like blues?

layman

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 05:43 pm
I done got wise, bitch.

0 Replies

layman

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 05:54 pm
Muddy at the Checkerboard Lounge on the south side in Chicago, 1981. The Rolling Stones are sitting appreciatively in the crowd. Muddy spots them, and graciously invites Jagger and Richards to come up on stage and join in.

0 Replies

layman

Sat 21 Jul, 2018 04:16 pm
Yeah, J.B, that's what I'm talkin about!

0 Replies

layman

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 09:29 pm
A slow bluesy cover by Homesick James of an old Tommy Johnson from the '20's. The video on this one includes a nice montage of various great bluesmen.

0 Replies

layman

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 08:29 pm
Strains of "All my Love in Vain;'

0 Replies

layman

Sat 28 Jul, 2018 04:42 pm
0 Replies

layman

Sat 28 Jul, 2018 04:48 pm
The great Elmore James pickin out an old Tampa Red tune:

0 Replies

layman

Sat 28 Jul, 2018 04:56 pm
Keith Richards's rendition of an ole Blind Reverend Gary Davis tune:

0 Replies

layman

Fri 3 Aug, 2018 12:24 pm
Robert Johnson's old running mate, Johnny Shines with the great Snooky Pryor doin an old blues tune from the 1920's, "Trouble in Mind." It's been covered by everybody and his brother, from Lightnin Hopkins and Sam Chatmon, to Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis, to Janis Joplin and the Grateful Dead, to Jack White and Bonnie Raitt.

MontereyJack

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 11:32 pm
@layman,
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbFS3iQPxig]/youtube]
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 11:35 pm
@layman,
MontereyJack

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 11:43 pm
@MontereyJack,
Dave Van Ronk was extremely important in the NY trad jazz/folk/blues scene in the 50s Palled with Dylan, Joni Mitchell Gary Davis, John Hurt and introduced a whole lot of people to a whole lot of old, great music. And a great guitar picker as well. St.Louis Ticlewas originally a RAG, IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, ON IANO AS THEY WERE. hE WORKED OUT THE GUIUTAR TRANSCRIPTION FOR IT, VDERY RAGGY, LOTTA BLUES TOUCHES. This doesn't look like Van Ronk, but it's what I could find on youtube, always a favorite tune to me, and it's definitely van Ronk's version. Damn capslock key, too close to the a key on a sucky HP chiclet keyboard.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:27 pm
This thread came up in another one and I thought, "what the hell, why not add another tune?' It's been so damn long that I don't rightly recall if this tune has already been posted here or not. If it has, it bears repeating anyway.

Good ole Lazy Lester:

layman

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:38 pm
@layman,
While I'm on Lester, I figure I might as well post this tune, too. It's a nice slow blues, performed live in his ole stompin grounds, Louisiana. It also kinda explains his nickname: They call me "Lazy." but Lawd knows I'm only tired.

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 11:07 pm
@layman,
Yep. Progressive and radical as hell everything you hate.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 8 Apr, 2020 08:47 pm
Brownie McGhee doin a tune originally by Big Maceo and Tampa Red. It's been covered by plenty of artists, including the Rolling Stones.

MontereyJack

Wed 8 Apr, 2020 09:48 pm
@layman,
I'm not sure Dylan got the bird that whistles, bird that sings verse from robert j. that's a "zipper" verse that was fitted into a lot of blues songs, like in corinna, corinna, which I think I remember Dylan also did his own version of. Taj did a trad version of it too.
MontereyJack

Wed 8 Apr, 2020 09:51 pm
@layman,
I think the slinky woman in red on the couch behind him sitting on the rj albumwas albert grossman's daughter, his manager.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 8 Apr, 2020 09:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
Many have covered it. The Mississippi Sheiks wrote it, recorded, and did it best, eh? Big Joe Turner later had a big hit covering Corrina.

MontereyJack

Wed 8 Apr, 2020 10:05 pm
@layman,
it's supposed to go back to well before music was recordable.