Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?

neologist

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 03:01 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
I read Job and note that even God complains that Satan moved him to destroy without cause so it seems that on earthly maters, Satan is God's boss and can deceive him just as he can everyone else.

Thanks for the offer of help but you might seek some before trying to offer it.

Regards
DL
You read it?
And did not notice it was not God who destroyed?

neologist

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 03:09 pm
@Greatest I am,
I haven't answered him.
That does not mean I agree.

He referenced Isaiah 45:7, which, in the KJV, states that God brings forth evil.
A more accurate translation states that God brings forth calamity.

There is a difference. I can explain if you continue to need help.
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 04:18 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
I read Job and note that even God complains that Satan moved him to destroy without cause so it seems that on earthly maters, Satan is God's boss and can deceive him just as he can everyone else.

Thanks for the offer of help but you might seek some before trying to offer it.

Regards
DL
You read it?
And did not notice it was not God who destroyed?

God ordered the hit, so to speak.

You would condemn the hit man and not the don who sent him thus showing that your morality has been corrupted by your religion.

God himself says he sinned yet you still give him a pass.

Shame on you.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 04:22 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I haven't answered him.
That does not mean I agree.

He referenced Isaiah 45:7, which, in the KJV, states that God brings forth evil.
A more accurate translation states that God brings forth calamity.

There is a difference. I can explain if you continue to need help.

Semantic do not impress me and neither does your inflated ego.

Amos 3:6 (KJV)
Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?

God is said to be the epitome of all attributes.

Whose name would you put above God's for evil?

Regards
DL
neologist

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 04:23 pm
@Greatest I am,
Calamity.
There is a difference.
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 04:29 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Calamity.
There is a difference.

A strange name for God. If that is your best my friend, how did you ever get such a swelled head. You are a good example of what this link speaks to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZqaeusdMTk

If you wish to answer my last questions that you ignored, I am here for you.

Regards
DL
neologist

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 04:39 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
. . . God ordered the hit, so to speak.

You would condemn the hit man and not the don who sent him thus showing that your morality has been corrupted by your religion.

Shame on you.

Regards
DL
Do you have the idea that the Bible teaches Job has no future?
That his children are gone forever? - Job 14:15

And, do you not get the point of Satan's allegation and God's response?

Satan's entire theater rests on his allegations that God is a liar, that mankind is better off setting their own standards, and, as indicated in Job 2:4, that no one would serve God, except out of selfisnness. Job proved Satan a liar and, besides being rewarded, serves as an example to us that God will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we are able to bear.
neologist

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 04:41 pm
@Greatest I am,
OK. . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 04:47 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?

Regards
DL
Where is it said God is the epitome of all attributes?
Your acceptance of straw men by bushel, bale, and wagonload betrays your supercilliousness

Evil is not a trait of God.
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 03:51 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
. . . God ordered the hit, so to speak.

Shame on you.

Regards
DL
Do you have the idea that the Bible teaches Job has no future?
That his children are gone forever? - Job 14:15

And, do you not get the point of Satan's allegation and God's response?

Satan's entire theater rests on his allegations that God is a liar, that mankind is better off setting their own standards, and, as indicated in Job 2:4, that no one would serve God, except out of selfisnness. Job proved Satan a liar and, besides being rewarded, serves as an example to us that God will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we are able to bear.

You want us to live by your God's standards when his standards are that it is ok to torture a baby for six days before finally killing it, --- because of anger at the father, --- as he did with King David.

Do you think that is one of God's better moral tenets?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 03:54 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Regards
DL
Where is it said God is the epitome of all attributes?
Your acceptance of straw men by bushel, bale, and wagonload betrays your supercilliousness

Evil is not a trait of God.

In the beginning all there was was God and so all that is now must have emanated from him.

If he is not the creator or source of evil, who is?

Regards
DL
neologist

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 04:30 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
. . .In the beginning all there was was God and so all that is now must have emanated from him.

Regards
DL
God has granted all his intelligent creatures free will, opening the possibility that one might someday choose to rebel. It happened in Eden and was recorded in Genesis ch 3. God's promised solution was also recorded in vs 15. Half of that promise has already taken place.

While many eschew the idea of free will, it is axiomatic to our legal system.

I'm perfectly willing to explain further, as you need.
neologist

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 04:48 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
Shame on you.
. . . You want us to live by your God's standards when his standards are that it is ok to torture a baby for six days before finally killing it, --- because of anger at the father, --- as he did with King David.

Regards
DL
Death and misery entered the world through the rebellion in Genesis. In the 1000s of years since, billions have died, some after unspeakable pain, some peacefully after a pleasant life. But regardless of circumstance, God has promised a resurrection.

So, speaking of David's son, or of any who may have suffered cruelly in some remote corner of the world, they will at some time be offered a choice similar to that presented to the perfect man Adam. It seems only fair, don't you think?

So after 100 years or so of perfect health in a perfect world and with perfect understanding of the issues, will they thank God for the future that awaits them or curse God for the long forgotten pain? The Bible answers this. You won't find it in nominal christianity, though. There's no money in it.
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 11:00 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
. . .In the beginning all there was was God and so all that is now must have emanated from him.

Regards
DL
God has granted all his intelligent creatures free will, opening the possibility that one might someday choose to rebel. It happened in Eden and was recorded in Genesis ch 3. God's promised solution was also recorded in vs 15. Half of that promise has already taken place.

While many eschew the idea of free will, it is axiomatic to our legal system.

I'm perfectly willing to explain further, as you need.

Thanks. Could you explain in light of this bit.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.

So it seem that the choice you think God gives us does not exist or we would have some who did not sin. Right?

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 11:03 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
Shame on you.
. . . You want us to live by your God's standards when his standards are that it is ok to torture a baby for six days before finally killing it, --- because of anger at the father, --- as he did with King David.

Regards
DL
Death and misery entered the world through the rebellion in Genesis. In the 1000s of years since, billions have died, some after unspeakable pain, some peacefully after a pleasant life. But regardless of circumstance, God has promised a resurrection.

So, speaking of David's son, or of any who may have suffered cruelly in some remote corner of the world, they will at some time be offered a choice similar to that presented to the perfect man Adam. It seems only fair, don't you think?

So after 100 years or so of perfect health in a perfect world and with perfect understanding of the issues, will they thank God for the future that awaits them or curse God for the long forgotten pain? The Bible answers this. You won't find it in nominal christianity, though. There's no money in it.

I will be pleased to answer your question on fairness after you answer mine.

Let me repeat.
You want us to live by your God's standards when his standards are that it is ok to torture a baby for six days before finally killing it, --- because of anger at the father, --- as he did with King David.

Regards
DL
neologist

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 11:42 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Let me repeat.

Regards
DL
Well, you truly are the Greatest . . .
example of misunderstanding.
Death and suffering entered the world, not as punishment, but as a consequence of the Edenic rebellion.

Are you of the opinion that God should merely have zapped the rebels on the spot and started over? There are reasons that did not happen, not the least of which is you and I could never have been born.

As for the suffering of David's son and the billions of others who have died, God has promised to set matters straight. The suffering is Satan's cloth. The relief is God's.

I realize you know the Bible well, so I won't bury you with citations unless you need them.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 05:55 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Let me repeat.

Regards
DL
Well, you truly are the Greatest . . .
example of misunderstanding.
Death and suffering entered the world, not as punishment, but as a consequence of the Edenic rebellion.

Are you of the opinion that God should merely have zapped the rebels on the spot and started over? There are reasons that did not happen, not the least of which is you and I could never have been born.

As for the suffering of David's son and the billions of others who have died, God has promised to set matters straight. The suffering is Satan's cloth. The relief is God's.

I realize you know the Bible well, so I won't bury you with citations unless you need them.

Satan's clothe was woven and given to her by God.

As to Eden, I follow the Jewish thinking of their own myth and not the foolish Christian thinking. Jews see it as man's elevation and not his fall.

How is man having his eyes opened to responsibility a fall?

How is God murdering them by neglect a moral thing to do when he admits Eve was deceived thanks to his support of Satan?

Regards
DL
neologist

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 06:08 pm
@Greatest I am,
Your creative grammar and logical obfuscations do justice to your name.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 07:05 pm
@John Wick,
John Wick wrote:

Have faith on GOD. He will guide your way.

http://www.400monkeys.com/God/
neologist

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 07:39 pm
@FBM,
John's Wick has apparently burned out . . . .