Great Fun Quiz 108 results

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 05:07 am
Just listened to the results,only one score of 50 which I find hard to believe.I thought that with hints from this site and peoples own work there would obviously have been more.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,867 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Opsimath

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 07:53 am
@Opsimath,
I assume congratulations are in order for one of our number,well done.
0 Replies

gardengnome

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 07:42 am
Reading the message at the end of the results sheet I see that poor Ramires7 has a slap on the wrist from the setter. I think that's unfair.
Opsimath

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 11:02 am
@gardengnome,
As I did allude to.
Mudelta

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 12:22 pm
I don't think it was that unfair. It took me hours to get the answer unaided and I bet 90 percent of those with the right answer obtained it 'unfairly' courtesy of ramires
gardengnome

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 12:34 pm
@Mudelta,
Ah - having checked back, I see that I was looking at a different bit of the website, in which ramires7 had only made a couple of comments. I didn't look at the pages to which the setter is probably referring. (And I found that answer - eventually - without help anyway )
0 Replies

mordidaman

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 02:27 pm
@Opsimath,
If it's any consolation I didn't get full marks even with Ramires7's help. at a rough count there were 108 entrants and 70% got q50 right. I found it hard but perhaps it wasn't as hard as the setter thought for others ( even without help). Q24 seems to have been the stumbling block as it may well prove to be this month!!
Opsimath

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 05:33 pm
@mordidaman,
I hope this isn't a veiled attempt to get a hint when we have only had the quiz a couple of days.
djmple

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2015 03:10 am
@Opsimath,
I found 24 quite straight forward anyway!
mordidaman

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2015 06:16 am
@djmple,
Well done you! And no it is not a veiled hint for a clue Opsimath .
0 Replies

Ramires7

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 03:40 pm
Call me bias but, on balance, I think Ramires7 was just a bit unfairly criticised too!
I always just give clues or hints & only expect the same in return. I am sorry if my clues for number 50 became more explicit than perhaps they should have been {to some anyway} but a certain amount of googling etc. was still required. I was just trying to help a newcomer. Conversely, in last month’s forum at one stage someone asked whether ‘by chance {I} set the clues for the Times crossword?’ - can’t win!? I have been dismayed to see actual answers given out in previous ‘Able2know’ forums, but no subsequent criticisms given?
It does make me wonder as to the actual identity of one or two who contribute to this GFQ forum? However, time to move on.............
0 Replies