Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 07:23 am
what flowers would be endearing to the middle age and the elderly?
would you be more interested to purchase a product that looks like that specific flower?

ossobuco

1  
Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 11:03 am
I am "elderly". I am also a long time garden designer. There are literally hundreds of flowers that attract me, and anyone else of any age who has studied horticulture or looked at photos of famous gardens around the world.

Whether any of these flowers would grow in your particular climate and soil conditions is a matter of local knowledge. Maybe an older person would know what grows better than a teen would. Maybe a visually oriented teen would know more than someone older who isn't particularly interested in nature.

Do some reading. People of the same age aren't all the same, whether about flowers or the points of your other threads.
Lordyaswas

2  
Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 11:05 am
@safwannah,
Personally, I find a Ravenel's Stinkhorn most endearing.

Buying a product that looks like a Stinkhorn? Probably not, but having watched a few episodes of Sex and the City, I am vaguely aware that products like this can have an appeal to certain sections of society.

http://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/JPEG'S/Mushroom%20Images/Ravenel's.jpg

safwannah

3  
Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 10:21 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you so much for your reply. it is deeply appreciated.

Cathy Hu

2  
Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 03:37 pm
@safwannah,
I used to buy my mom preserved rose head gift box, and she loves it. Different from fresh flowers, those preserved ones can last for years, which is cost-effective from my point of understanding. Moreover, preserved rose has more a wide range of color selection.
safwannah

2  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 10:44 pm
@ossobuco,
thank you!

safwannah

2  
Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 10:45 pm
@Cathy Hu,
thank you!

vishal1

2  
Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 10:39 pm
I think Rose is the most beautiful flower.for middle age of elderly.

florabrown

-1  
Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:59 pm
Tulips flowers is the Perfect for all age.
Buzzbea

2  
Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 12:39 pm
@florabrown,
I think that flowers that remind me of our youth are my favorite. We had a home garden with irises, chrysanthemums and daffodils. My husband remembers the snapdragons in his grandmother's garden. I saw black-eyed susans when I would hike in the countryside. So these are some of the flowers that I have in my garden today.
ossobucotemp

1  
Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 01:23 pm
@Buzzbea,
Long ago and far away, my parents rented a house for a couple of years, the place lush to me now in memory. Between the garden that was already there, and the children already living on that street who knew the plant names, I got a fairly quick lesson on the neighborhood plantings, including trees. I'd seen trees before I was nine, but the set of years in that place woke me up to seriously looking around.
I think the irises won.
saab

1  
Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 02:03 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Childhood memories:
Our summercabin was right in the middle of nature and it was not allowed to
have well planned and taken care of gardens. There was and is a lawn, but otherwise nature, trees, bushes and flowers by the windows. Very parklike and rabbits hopping and deers walking across the property.
Our garden around our house I have in the same way - trees, bushes and I let flowers grow any odd way they like to and I have a rather large lawn. Again parklike - as well as it is possible in a normal garden.
Sturgis

1  
Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 02:28 pm
Mother had a thing for marigolds. We had moved to Devil's Island...er, I mean Staten Island and lived on a wide piece or land. For some 50-60 feet there were these danged marigolds. All the same color! In the back of the house along the property line, she planted rose bushes, and only rosebushes- all of them with red flowers. In the front closer to the house were several forsythia shrubs. It was weird.

Then one day the new owner of the house uprooted the rosebushes and piled them high before taking a torch to them. A few days later we got an eviction notice. (In truth, the notice had my name, even though I was only 13 at the time and hadn't signed the lease. Strange. Anyways, we exited to another place and that was that.)

Some folks only want live plants, no cut flowers. I have never been that particular, most are beautiful (yes, even those marigolds) and offer a spark of happy into whatever venue they're placed.

Buzzbea

1  
Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 02:33 pm
@saab,
Sounds a little like my home. The front has lawn, sun and shade beds. The back is a wooded mountainside. Fawns have been known to walk across our patio and look in our back window while we look back at them. The side has recently had to be refurbished and I hope to establish wildflowers where a narrow strip of hillside had to be cleared. Some of the previously flourishing asclepias (butterfly weed) is already returning.