How & Why I shall go for Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery In India?

Fri 14 Aug, 2015 06:18 am
Recently, I was feeling pain to the right sternum under my breasts when I eat anything. I sometimes feel it when I’m eating and the pain goes up my sternum across the front of the chest to the right shoulder and neck. I consulted my GP who asked me to undergo chest x-rays, ultrasound, upper endoscope and blood work but everything was normal. Then he asked me for HIDA scan and I was really scared because my chest and lymph nodes are swollen. My doctor has recommended me to undergo the Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery, but I am unable to afford a heavy expense. While finding a low cost Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery, I read that India offers low cost treatments and surgeries. Is there anyone who underwent the Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery in India? What was your experience of Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery in India and any idea how do I get it done in India?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,203 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

Paaskynen

Fri 14 Aug, 2015 11:52 am
@cristina3jones,
There are two things to consider here: The good Indian physicians are as good as any in the US. However, there is a great deal of corruption in India and you may not have the knowledge to distinguish between a bona fide treatment and a less so. What I would advise you is to first rule out any of the lesser causes (such as heartburn) at home before considering more drastic options abroad.
Butrflynet

Fri 14 Aug, 2015 01:39 pm
@Paaskynen,
You'll probably spend as much money on transportation to and from India for the surgery as you would save by having it done locally.
0 Replies