Which type of Sofa should I buy, Leather or Fabric?

Tue 10 May, 2016 01:34 am
I need some suggestions which type of sofa I can buy for home.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,897 • Replies: 11
Topic Closed

MayankAgrawal

Tue 10 May, 2016 03:01 am
@PreetiPanchal,
There are many things to consider before you decide to buy a leather or fabric sofa for your home. Below are some suggestions for your question.
1. Care – You have to take more care of a leather sofa compared to fabric sofa. If you have pets at home, the chance of getting scratch marks on leather sofa are high. You need to make sure to keep your pets away from your leather sofa. Leather is not water resistance so needs to be taken care especially when children are eating on the sofa. Besides, one should not expose leather to direct sunlight for long hours. The maintenance and durability of materials matter a lot. Remember, if the fabric is not a premium quality, you may have hard time removing the stains.

Tip – You could buy a leather sofa if you don’t have any pets at home.

2. Colour – Leather and Fabric, both materials offer variety of options. There is a plethora of colours and designs available in fabric materials compared to leather. If you are too choosy and need fancy colour combinations for your home then you should opt for a fabric sofa.

Tip – You can choose fabric or leather depending on the theme of your home.

3. Safety - Leather sofas are hypoallergenic that makes them suitable for use by people suffering from allergies. Whereas fabric sofas don’t make a healthy option as they are prone to collect dust and your pet’s hair, which are primary causes for health hazards.

Tip – If you are health conscious you can go for a leather sofa.

4. Pricing – The price of sofa depends upon the quality of material used for making it. Generally, the price of leather is more expensive than fabric.

Tip – If you are looking for a premium sofa you could opt for a pure leather sofa for your home.

The above information helps you make a conscious decision on buying the right sofa for your home.
roger

Tue 10 May, 2016 03:03 am
@MayankAgrawal,
That sounds good. Since you mention pets, I know that cats can shred leather almost as fast as they can fabric.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Tue 10 May, 2016 05:10 am
Sofa so good.

Sorry.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Tue 10 May, 2016 05:14 am

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zx4pqG6X-3s/TKD5LQOXIDI/AAAAAAAAAVk/-ax-GNjHa7c/s1600/albums-ae158-designerteez-TV-sofa-king-swatch.jpg
PreetiPanchal

Tue 10 May, 2016 11:59 pm
@MayankAgrawal,
Thanks everyone for your answers. Your suggestions will definitely help me take the right decision at time of purchasing a sofa. I have one more query, should I purchase the sofa from online furniture store? Is it safe to buy sofa online and what things should I keep in mind while buying sofa online in India. Could you guys please suggest me how I can choose the best furniture store for getting the right sofa for my home.
0 Replies

PreetiPanchal

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 04:10 am
@Region Philbis,
Could you please suggest me some furniture websites where I can get best leather sofa?
carpetsindubai

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 10:37 am
Leather sofa may prove to be a more reliable one. So go for it!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 04:09 pm
@PreetiPanchal,

for serious?
0 Replies

PreetiPanchal

Tue 14 Jun, 2016 08:19 am
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I can now take a final call on buying a sofa for my home. I consider leather sofa one of the best options available. All of your suggestions helped me narrow down to leather sofa. I have yet to purchase any furniture product from an online store. I need your suggestion to if I should purchase a sofa from online stores or a local manufacturer near my home. I will be very grateful to have more information on how I can identify if the sofa is made using genuine leather.
0 Replies

ruletheworld

Sun 16 Apr, 2017 05:28 am
@PreetiPanchal,
I still think leather sofa it is more stylish and give more luxury view to your house. And I guess it is nicer to seat on leather sofa. That is really what for you are willing to pay.
0 Replies

Shahzad12Q

Wed 31 May, 2017 09:22 am
@PreetiPanchal,
I would suggest to go with leather..
0 Replies