Film Recommendation"Broadway: the Golden Age"

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 02:57 pm
I just saw a wonderful documentary, "Broadway the Golden Age by the Legends Who Were There". This is a "must see" for anyone interested in the Broadway theater and a "should see" for anyone interested in theater and acting in general. It contains interviews with a multitude of living and recently deceased performers including in no particular order: Angela Lansbury, Ben Gazarra, Robert Goulet, Gretchen Wyler, Gwen Verdun, Shirley Maclain, Tammy Grimes, Edie Adams, Stephen Sondheim, Jerry Herman, and too many more to mention. They tell anecdotes intertwined with snippets of stage and film performances. For me, the greatest moment was Laurette Taylor's screen test (she never made a talking picture. The magic of her performance brought tears to my eyes. It's having limited distribution, but searching it out will be well worth the effort.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 949 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 05:03 pm
Is this something you rented or was it on cable? I seem to remember seeing it at one time or another but I have so many videos of Broadway shows and documentaries on Broadway including performance that I lose track.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 06:22 pm
It was a regular film released in N.Y. this past Friday. As per IMDB, it's scheduled for an L.A. Release 2 July. It's only on two screens in NYC.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 08:59 am
Thanks, I'll try t find it.
0 Replies