Would the World be Better off Without Religion?

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 03:03 pm
@Krumple,
Belief in one political party or a religion has no logic to it. They must rationalize away too many things they disagree with in order to accept it. They must trash their ethics to continue supporting it.

Look what's been happening to the republican party with the division between Trump and Ryan. There is no consensus.
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 08:28 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
histerical? wow, you know us so well
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 08:54 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:

Bias sure, but I dont take anything just on a single source and I dont just accept something from a source that seems to be near parallel to what I already agree with. No political party should ever be exempt from analysis or criticism.

To turn a blind eye just because its your adopted political party is just what they want from you so they can get a way with nonsense you wont question nor examine. A healthy dose of skepticism on everything is the right frame of mind to have.

Quote:
I dont just accept something from a source that seems to be near parallel to what I already agree with.

How can you be sure that you do not have these types of biases at times? Look at Cicerone imposter, He is a very intelligent man but yet he is in love with Hitlary. He seems to think that there is no other good choice to make in this election.

Where do you get reality wrong with your preconceived notions? Be honest and share with us who you think I am. Am a lady? man? straight? gay? honest person? or do I just throw things out there to see what fish will bite so that I can study sociology? could I be someone very different than what you believe me to be?

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 08:57 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Did ya notice that video was full of it too?

I have always loved what you had to share Ryan but I am not always able to see what you see. Would you please share what you are referring to with the rest of us?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 08:58 pm
@reasoning logic,
Hillary has spent the good part of her adult life working for women and children. What makes your contribution to humanity grant you the right to criticize Hillary.
Krumple

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:02 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

Bias sure, but I dont take anything just on a single source and I dont just accept something from a source that seems to be near parallel to what I already agree with. No political party should ever be exempt from analysis or criticism.

To turn a blind eye just because its your adopted political party is just what they want from you so they can get a way with nonsense you wont question nor examine. A healthy dose of skepticism on everything is the right frame of mind to have.

Quote:
I dont just accept something from a source that seems to be near parallel to what I already agree with.

How can you be sure that you do not have these types of biases at times? Look at Cicerone imposter, He is a very intelligent man but yet he is in love with Hitlary. He seems to think that there is no other good choice to make in this election.

Where do you get reality wrong with your preconceived notions? Be honest and share with us who you think I am. Am a lady? man? straight? gay? honest person? or do I just through things out their to see what fish will bite so that I can study sociology? could I be someone very different than what you believe me to be?

What you are is unimportant. Having a well thought out arguement is more meaningful than what you are. Should being a woman, gay, black or non american have any relevance on your opinion? I dont think it should. So I dont care what you are or your pilitical party or religious affiliation.

I still think the more admirable person is one who can honestly criticize their own political party when they see something wrong within it rather than pretend its faultless.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:05 pm
@Krumple,
If you were a decent person you could have at least waited till I edited all of my misspelling don't you think? Wink
Krumple

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

If you were a decent person you could have at least waited till I edited al my misspelling don't you think? Wink

Well we all know Im not decent and if I have to endure the wrath of the spelling nazis then so do you.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:08 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
What you are is unimportant. Having a well thought out arguement is more meaningful than what you are. Should being a woman, gay, black or non american have any relevance on your opinion? I dont think it should. So I dont care what you are or your pilitical party or religious affiliation.

You might be surprised how many people who see religion and politics differently than you but yet agree with what you just shared.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Hillary has spent the good part of her adult life working for women and children. What makes your contribution to humanity grant you the right to criticize Hillary.

Start studying or at least start listening to other point of views other than what you may agree with then you too may see things closer to how I see them. I listen and study all propaganda, "even though I dispise some of the people I listen to at times, I can still learn that some of the things they share are creditable when I search them out.

I am embarrassed to say I am a registered democrat and the party I have supported for years are extremely corrupt and they do a lot to harm our social well being.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
You didn't answer my question. What gives you ............
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What makes your contribution to humanity grant you the right to criticize Hillary.

We all have a right to criticize one another when we think it is appropriate. We all do wrong at times. I do not find the problems to lie directly at Hillary's feet but rather at all of our feet for voting for evil or antisocial behavior.
Krumple

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 01:34 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
What makes your contribution to humanity grant you the right to criticize Hillary.

We all have a right to criticize one another when we think it is appropriate. We all do wrong at times. I do not find the problems to lie directly at Hillary's feet but rather at all of our feet for voting for evil or antisocial behavior.

I agree. A person willing to turn a blind eye on their selected political leader is just as bad as their opposition. Of course they would never accept that fact which is why they turn a blind eye.

Nothing should ever be off the table for discussion or criticism. When we start taking things off the table, I have to start wondering what they are trying to hide.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 05:20 am
Would the world be better off without dreaming ?
A perfectly valid and equivalent nonsensical question...
The answer is actually a topic about statistics and taking chances being better then staying put in natural selection...there explained !
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 07:02 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
That's sort of a restatement of = 'A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are for.'

We have to decide whether that is about statistics or 'dreaming' though.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 02:00 pm
@Leadfoot,
Not all ships in port are safe.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 02:57 pm
@Leadfoot,
Haven't you heard about those pre historic guys who always believed it was a lion when the grass moved ? Run up the tree they went...some more "scientific"/sceptic kinds doubt it and went investigating...guess what the believers never got a Darwin award unlike the sceptics every now and then...yeah dreaming/believing without proof can relate with natural selection and statistics...as we are genetically built to believe unseen agents/predators are out to get us. By the same token we need angels and good loving gods to saves us from bad luck or poor thinking skills.

The point being Religion is just one of the many facets of Believing without proof...as genetics imprints don't change in a century or two I happen to think that is not going anywhere any time soon. Although I am almost an atheist as my vision of God is naturalist and pantheistic without agency, I am nonetheless pretty sure deluded new atheists are shooting their foot right now and fighting a lost cause giving prime time to the nuts instead of ignoring them like Europe does...its a self fulfilled prophecy.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 04:38 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Not all ships in port are safe.

Then you're a 'statistics' kind of guy.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 04:40 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
No time to chat about beliefs right now, time to set sail.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2016 05:35 pm
Sounds like the Rolex you can buy in China for $10 bucks.