What does it mean when....

rufio

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:57 pm
.... I'm dubugging a program and midway through all of the data members of an object get reset to random values for no reason? It's damn annoying.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 622 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:54 pm
You need "expert" advise on this one! Try calling out for Craven, Monger, timber or Nirvana.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:37 pm
rufio wrote:
.... I'm dubugging a program and midway through all of the data members of an object get reset to random values for no reason? It's damn annoying.

Rufio, being able to divine what's going on without any information is a rare gift, and psychics are in short supply these days. Tracking down programming errors can be very tricky business, and of course basics like the programming language, debugger & environment you're using (for starters) is necessary info...

Please see here: How to Report Bugs Effectively

Wink
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 12:40 pm
Well, I'm writing it in C++, in linux, using gdb to debug.... mostly I don't want someone to just come on and solve my problem, I just want some idea of what I might be doing wrong. Sad I just have no idea what might be causing it to happen.
0 Replies