Cat won't quit shitting!!

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 04:50 pm
My cat (pigsy, for those who have heard of her)uses the kitty litter box like 3 hundred times a day, i'm finding it hard to keep up the kitty litter box at that rate. I've watchedher go in there just to stir things around. She hops in, digs around, wipes her feet off on the side of the box and repeats this several times. It's driving me nuts. Is it the food? Too much maybe? Or does she just like to stir up dust and make my house reek?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 5,335 • Replies: 53
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 05:04 pm
It's unclear that from your post that you are certain she's pooping everytime she goes in there. Is she?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 05:22 pm
If there's a lot of, er, product, your cat might have colitis. We had a dog who did, and he needed Canine D Science Diet to control it. I'm sure there's something comparable for cats; try your vet.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 05:25 pm
ROFLMAO...the title of your thread stand up...and the visualization of your cat pigsy shitting 300 times a day has me rolling. I really have nothing substantial to contribute except to say, thanks for the belly laugh and I hope pigsy stops shitting sometime soon!!! LOL
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 05:31 pm
littlek-I think she goes between 3-5 times a day, which seems abnormal to me, but i don't really know. I do know she spends way too much time it the litter box though.

jespah-Thanks I may look into that.

doglover-Anytime!!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 05:31 pm
Fairly soon you will have nothing but the shell of a cat.

Pigsy, at that point, will make a nice wall hanging.

I'm not trying to be cruel, but when a cat shits 300 times in a day, well, let's face it.... the days of wine and friskies have come to a close
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 05:49 pm
I have my cat on a high-fiber cat food (prescription science diet) for his diabetes. The reason is that his food stays in his system longer so that the nutrient release happens at more of a constant level - that's important because he's on 12-hour insulin (releases over a 12 hour period). Anyway, it, or something like it, might help your kitty.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:19 pm
Duct tape.
0 Replies

Anoxia

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:22 pm
Trip to the vet! This may sound gross, but your vet may want a sample, which can be kept in a ziplock bag for up to a day... and he'll want to know what it looks like. That can tell him a LOT about what is wrong with your little friend.

Don't put it off Smile
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:26 pm
Quote:
This may sound gross, but your vet may want a sample,

Actually, if the cat is shitting 300 times a day, not only can the vet have a sample, but the entire population of a small town as well.

Or maybe there's some A2Kers who would be interested in a sample?

Hell, I'll take one.
0 Replies

Anoxia

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:35 pm
LOL, I think they test for parasites, among other things. Smile

Didn't you ever see the Crocodile hunter investigate an animal's doo, to see what it had been eating? LOL
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:01 pm
there's a whole field in that: scatology.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:14 pm
Say... aren't you the person that's been running around putting sugar in the salt shakers?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:25 pm
Buy a cork. >ROFL< Laughing

Seriously... I had a 17 yr old cat I got from my mom. He did the same thing. Just a little terd here and there alllllllllll day long. tiny tiny terds just coming out what seemed like every 5 minutes. For him it was normal..so said the vet. Apparently fixed cats have a sensativity to fiber and a larger chance for bladder infections. Have you checked your cat for that ? Try giving your cat some GRASS! I kid you not... grass is a cats best digestive friend. You can buy some pre-grown at most pet stores. Try it and see what happens.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:28 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Say... aren't you the person that's been running around putting sugar in the salt shakers?

um.....................no {running away}
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:53 pm
Milk? Do you give your cat milk, stand up? If so, remove from the cat's diet & see what happens. Give him/her water instead. A lot of cats can't tolerate it. Besides, it's not good for them. And yes, a vet visit sounds a very good idea.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 12:47 pm
Thanks everyone!

msolga- pigsy doesn't get milk, she won't drink it, but she does get a dash of ice cream a couple times a week, but i'm not surethat would be enough to make her **** all the time. Maybe she's tryin to get back at me for not being able to pay her much attention lately!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 01:30 pm
littlek wrote:
there's a whole field in that: scatology.

I thought that was fart and doodie jokes.

Stand up, I would also suggest a trip to the vet. A long LONG time ago, an ex-girlfriend had a kitten with a similar problem. It turned out it had a virus. Also, stop anthropomorphising your cat. It's a cat. I highly doubt it has any conscious intention of getting back at you for some perceived slight on your part. The very few times that our dog has done his business in the house were because he just couldn't hold it in anymore. I'm not denying that animals have emotions, but I don't think they really know anything about malice. Mind you, they do learn from example...how many times do you **** each day? Laughing
0 Replies

Anoxia

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 01:36 pm
Actually, cats can doo on your things when you are mean to it... that happened to several people I know. Nothing was wrong with these cats, but they had recently been scolded or punished.

But they didn't just go in the litter bok all day long.

Vet! Vet!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 01:39 pm
Cats most likely doo that after being scolded out of fear, or to show submission, not hatred.
0 Replies