Footbal kicker

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 10:01 pm
Hey guys, I am an exchange student from France, I've never play football, but sometimes I kick fields Goal with my friends and I can make 50 yards every 1/3. I would like to know what you think, they told me that with a coach I can go really far... I would like big advices, thank you !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 865 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 10:12 pm
@frenchie64,
If you were from Latin America, I'd say you had a good shot at the NFL. But since you're from France, probably no chance.
0 Replies

frenchie64

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 10:53 pm
What do you mean ?
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 11:01 pm
@frenchie64,
I mean, how many French NFL players have there been?

And Mark Gastineau doesn't count.
0 Replies

frenchie64

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 11:06 pm
Because French people play soccer, and don't play footbal( actually nobody plays it in France ) and doesn't come to America, I'm gonna graduate from high in America, I'm junior, I feel like a I have as many chance as an American. But I just want the know if it's good ! @ticomaya
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 11:12 pm
@frenchie64,
frenchie64 wrote:
Because French people play soccer, and don't play footbal( actually nobody plays it in France ) and doesn't come to America, I'm gonna graduate from high in America, I'm junior, I feel like a I have as many chance as an American. But I just want the know if it's good ! @ticomaya

Yes, I know French people play soccer. I play too. I played soccer in college in the US. And I considered kicking field goals for my school football team, because I could kick long field goals with occasional accuracy too. But I never did. I never liked playing football enough to practice kicking field goals. If you do, and you are willing to practice long hours to get consistency, you have as much opportunity to be a good football kicker as anyone else.

My first post was really trying to convey that you can't get real good advice as far as your playing football, on the Internet from a bunch of strangers who don't know you and have never seen you kick a football. Wink
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 11:42 pm
@Ticomaya,
I thought you went a bit overboard with your criticism of the French man.
I think encouragement would have been much better.

Treat others as you like to be treated.
Think: Sensitivity.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 11:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Perhaps you need to read a little further down, CI. Wink

Was my statement that he couldn't play in the NFL because he is French, absurd? Of course it was. It was a joke.

Just like the possibility that any of us could give him any legitimate advice based on the facts at hand.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 12:27 am
@Ticomaya,
It may have been a joke to you, but that's because you lack sensitivity.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 12:34 am
@frenchie64,
Try out for your team.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 01:47 am
@frenchie64,
Does the frog have legs?
0 Replies

frenchie64

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 09:01 am
@neologist,
What he said tha he didn't offense me, but I just didnt understand that the fact of being French was important which is not .. I will try, and practice for long hours of I have too, I don't give up.
0 Replies

frenchie64

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 09:04 am
@Ekename,
What do you mean about frogs ?
0 Replies