Install more than one OS at same time

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 07:55 am
I just want to know, it is possible to install more than on operating system at same time in PC. If your answer is yes then tell me the procedure for that.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 12 • Views: 1,268 • Replies: 11
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 08:42 am
@EssayWriter,
Yes, it is possible. Do a Google search for "dual boot" and you will find instructions for each operating system.
parados

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 09:01 am
@EssayWriter,
Yes. You can install more than one operating system so you can switch between which one opens at boot. You can only run one OS at a time. To dual boot requires you to know the specifics of your current machine. What OS are you currently running, What OS do you also want to run. What is the bios/UEFI set up of current machine. Attempting to dual boot without understanding that can cause you to lose your existing OS.

You can also install a virtual machine software which will allow you to run several virtual machines with different OS's at the same time.
Here is a list of some of the software you can use for that. http://lifehacker.com/5714966/five-best-virtual-machine-applications
EssayWriter

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2015 10:35 am
@parados,
Thanks for the help. I will try this at home.
0 Replies

chrismorgan

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 03:58 am
Like you ask as per my knowledge you cannot install 2 OS at same time, but you can install 2 OS in one PC. Because installing an OS takes lots of RAM and space and if you tried to install both of them at a same time you are taking a high risk.

It is suggested to install the 2 OS separately for risk installation.
0 Replies

jomartin0007

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 02:20 am
Installing 2 OS on 1 PC its possible but not at a same time, if installing 2 OS on 2 PC this is also possible but the thing you need is 2 CDs of OS.
0 Replies

access2vivek

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 08:30 am
YES ! You can install two OS at the same time on the same PC. Just make sure that you have enough space on your hard drive partition. This will ensure that both the OS can be stored in the hard drive.
Maxbond

Reply Tue 26 May, 2015 07:19 am
According to me installation of two OS at the same time is not possible. Becuase installation of one particular OS require more RAM size and memory storage space. So It is better to install one OS at a time.
0 Replies

Ashfugenx

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 12:50 am
@maxdancona,
Thank you so much its been a new thing ,i learnt that more than an OS we can install was a new concept to me ..
0 Replies

homeworkhelp

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 01:27 am
@access2vivek,
Yes I aggree with you.
0 Replies

PhoebeBY

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 12:00 am
@EssayWriter,
YES, If you like to try NEW OS but don't want to give up the old one.
You might decide to create a multiboot configuration if you have programs or devices that only work with older versions of Windows. When you want to use one of those programs or devices, restart your computer, and then choose the operating system that you want to use.
0 Replies

CynthiaGaines

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 12:53 am
Well, If you have enough space in your hard drive, YES ! you can install two operating system at the same time. I think this is helpful for you, but I am looking for my bathroom remodelling service.
0 Replies