SLIDING MITRE SAW (portable)

roger

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 02:56 am
@panzade,
Looks neat for 90 degree cuts, but looks like you stick would collide with your guides unless they were really short.

Am I missing something.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 10:49 am
@panzade,
AHA. That looks simple enough. I think it'd work because I dont do many .90 degree mitre cuts and even ifn I did, I could cut through the fence boards and it would still hold up.
The table looks really strqit forward. You say you got these via Home Depot?
panzade

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 02:39 pm
@farmerman,
The plans boss! The plans.

http://blog.homedepot.com/diy-miter-saw-bench/
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 07:17 pm
@panzade,
yep, got . It came through on your last post.
Thankee.

I dont use a Kreg, I made a kind of pocket jointer many years ago out of machined aluminum billets.
I use only hex headed screws for my work. They dont slip off a high torque battery driver.

PS, is there anybody that makes a battery operated (Li battery) staple gun??
panzade

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 02:00 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
PS, is there anybody that makes a battery operated (Li battery) staple gun??
As a matter of fact I just bought one. Ryobi makes it. It's a brad nailer and it does fine on wood trim
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt-ONE-AirStrike-18-Gauge-Cordless-Brad-Nailer-Tool-Only-P320/203810823
Wasn't sure if you meant staple or brad nailer.
farmerman

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 05:44 am
@panzade,
I really need a battery powered staple gun for making canvases without having another person to hold the fabric taut. I already have a Paslode finish nailer that will nail brads down to 1".
Ill go over to Home Depot along the Chester County line. My closest home store is a Lowes and they got nothing.
panzade

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 01:46 pm
@farmerman,
oops. Posted wrong product.
It's a narrow crown stapler
Quote:
Drives 3/8 in. to 1-1/2 in. narrow crown staples

Don't know if you need a wide crown beast
https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/577
farmerman

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 02:41 pm
@panzade,
wooweee, thats it. I didnt know they even had 1.5" staples. I can use that to fix fencing.
Im gonna go to HD tomorrow
Thanks again.
panzade

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 05:45 pm
@farmerman,
sure thing boss
uh, you better call first. You might have to have 'em ship it to the store.
Never seen it in stock.
farmerman

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 09:01 am
@panzade,
its tomorrow and Ill call. Im going to bed now, I need about 6 straait
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 09:53 pm
@panzade,
Good thing I called the store yesterday. Took em till today to have it shipped from their store nearer me so I could pick it up in a store in Newark Del. (No tax and the battery was included).

Today I was cutting up some marine plywood to repair some deck seats for an "laska boat" I bought for a song last summer. Alaska boats have high prow and are really comfortable in running flat against bar waves. (We hqve such waves at tide changes along Indian River qnd Roosevelt inlet as well as out the Lubec Narrows in Maine.
All the seats on the boat were just rotten. They take marine "Strand bord" (which is kinda crappy wood to let get wet. Then they cover it with carpeting . So , the deck floor, the forward and rear storage compartment decks , as well as QLL the seats nd the compartments were just crappy rotted ****. The carpet was what was holding em together. Its a smallish boat (22ft) but got a neat line. SO I ripped out all the wood and now, Ive traced all the boards (rotted but I let em dry and sprayed em with hardener so I can use em as templates). I got some A+ marine plywood made with cypress and Luann veneer. Its nice and Im gonna remake all the wooden parts nekkid. (no carpeting) Just wood and Ill Epiphane it so it looks like decoupage.

I gottq get these other two bots out of the work garage and either sell em or get em to the barn . I think Ill keep the Curragh but get rid of the war canoe.

farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 04:49 am
@farmerman,
SO, I went down to purchase the stapler.
1 It weighs a ton with the battery in

2 It really doesnt have a long time pwr charge and it had an annoying habot of not quite shooting the staple fully into the test wood. (I have fences of rolled locust which is called "Iron wood" around here.
3. The ryobi would hve been good for stapling canvas to frames or

3They sell the batteries and charger separately

SO, I bought a milwaukee fence stapler. Its hooked up to a porta tank. (Ill have to carry it about in a truckbed or a golf cart as I do fence work out in the fields.

I think I got what I needed but didnt realize what I needed was not what I wanted .

panzade

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 10:30 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
didnt realize what I needed was not what I wanted .

Sorta like my long-ago marriage.
farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 10:42 am
@panzade,
he he, Me too. Too bad I dont drink, Id buy ya a beer and we could swap war stories
panzade

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 11:14 am
@farmerman,
I'd buy you a sarsaparilla.
It's on my bucket list
farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 11:56 pm
@panzade,
youre on.

Ive been recouping from my attempt at a "walk in the Woods" last week. I had a series of sites that I hadda hobble between. Although I used a cane with an ole ladies head ( 3 rubber feet at the end of the cane) and I used a plastic foot brace, I think I overdid it. I hadda go to the docs today as my instep was really swollen since Sunday nd today it was throbbing..
Maybe I shoulda given it two more weeks.
Back on pain meds. dammit
panzade

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 01:34 am
@farmerman,
http://www.funnysigns.net/files/no-we-wont.jpg
farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 04:58 am
@panzade,
ha. They been reading my mail??
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 08:54 pm
Take a gander at my new "green" chain-saw.
It's easy on the gas.
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/12647501_1679487195670552_5526375824453063163_n.jpg?oh=73eec99691424cd55d2315684b35568f&oe=57376B9A
farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 11:25 pm
@panzade,
I see its imported from Poland
0 Replies