The conversation about everything and nothing

Wiyaka

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 01:24 pm
UH OH! Shocked I guess I need to revise my profile, posthaste. I just answered some of these things in the thread "How hot is this girl?".

Montana,

Sam and I just live according to our visions and dreams. This is common with traditional Lakota and others. We're just common people (to use a translation from Lakota) no better than anyone else, merely different.

How'd we meet? We first met through a friend on the phone. Later, we met Sam and her ex at a Vietnamese restaurant for dinner. We spoke volumes with our eyes, with the others totally oblivious to it. A few weeks later, I moved into a spare bedroom at Sam's house and things gradually took their course. Her ex left about six months later. Very Happy

Drom,
To answer some of your questions will take a bit of space. Yes, the books will be for the general public. . Most autobiographies are done by those recognised as medicinemen, few women have written their stories, they're too busy to take the time. Some that have written about themselves are Grandpa Wallace Black Elk, Leonard Crow Dog, to name a few. Many have been written about that you may have read:Sitting Bull, Red Cloud, Crazy Horse, and Gall. A few gave interviews and had books written from these interviews. The most famous is "Black Elk Speaks".

Others that have had pieces written about them were written by the US federal government, usually the FBI. Russle Means, of the American Indian Movement and even Uncle Selo Black Crow can be found in govermental reports, by using a good search engine, such as Google. Makes interesting reading if you can work around the heavy black marks, crossing out things.

Well, I'm off to revise the profile. Should you wish, feel free to PM me. I can't promise quick replies, but will answer all in time.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 03:47 pm
Wiyaka I love that dress your wearing in your avatar. But the cigarette has got to go.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 04:58 pm
Agreed.

You're much too wise & too entertaining to lose. Think of Sam.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 05:03 am
Wiyaka; I've been reading your profile- and mostly, I was thinking: how different were your mother and stepfather to the good people around you, now. A stupid question, probably; but, have you always been Lakotan? I ask because I would have thought that, if your stepfather &c were, it seems they really betrayed your tribe's values.

0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 07:07 am
Letty wrote:
.......Bo? Always misreading you.
...............That's why Bo approves,
Cause he is no saint,
Dead faint.

i am nothing if not nothing! (paraphrased)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 08:39 am
I am(precis)
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 08:42 am
"precisely"! Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 08:46 am
Bertrand Russell
Eating streusel
All of a winter's day
His math of life
Countered strife
Now it was time to play
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 08:53 am
"play" may day say heh gay tray way neigh lay hay bay ray pay, eh?

[a litle Canadian poem, we're simple up here!]
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 08:57 am
Whatever floats your birchbark canoe.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 09:01 am
"canoe" hullabaloo, kazoo, taboooo..............

oh, forget it! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 09:58 am
A little thought: what is the point of Muzak? Is there a reason as to why people pipe it in instead of real music; Copyright laws or trying to demoralize us? Can you imagine spending your life as a Muzakian? How unfulfilling...

0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 10:04 am
Muzak is a 'capitalist' plot to destroy the thinking capacity of the consumer (as if they had one), and render their auditory, discriminatory functions useless!
[it's working, look at the popularity of 'rap'! Shocked ]
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 10:12 am
Ooh, the combination of rap and muzak is just too evil; rak, it would probably be called. You are very wise, though; compared to hours of muzak, Britney Spears might sound good to them!

Speaking of Music; isn't it amazing that people can gain millions and millions, become completely spoilt, and then think that saying that they're still 'from the block' will hide their affluency?!

0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 10:17 am
look on the bright side;

look at the 'dress code' they are socially forced to adhere to! Shocked Shocked Shocked poor bastards!

[and at what cost!! Shocked ]
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 10:31 am
I know, Bo!! And, the sad thing too is that, when they're rejected at the end of the day, they have to go on such shows as 'The Games' or other 'I once was famous' crap to get back into the limelight; they find themselves addicted to attention, and will degrade themselves in any way to get it back. And then, there are all these people wanting to be American/Pop Idol; poor them!

I would not take their route, even if it meant that I would earn millions if I did, because it seems so pitiful; if I were to have fame, I would prefer it to be something like that of Weldon Kees...

0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 12:30 pm
who is Weldon Kees (be kind)?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 12:47 pm
I could go into plenty of detail, but basically, he was a very good American poet, artist, &c, who lived in Nebraska. One night, he took his car and parked it by the Golden Gate bridge. He may be alive, he may be dead; one thing that's for sure is that he disappeared... I find it better to be famous through not wanting to be famous, you know?

0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 12:51 pm
fame is fickle, fame is 'wild';
i'd sooner be tomorrow's child! Cool
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:03 pm
Me too... live in the future, and one can never feel as though one's late...

O, Bo (or anyone else here;) seeing as you are good in sniffing out the truth from absurdities-- why do you think 'mAnY p3oPlE lYk 2 wRyT lYk ThS?' I can't understand the appeal of it...

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 05:18:37