The conversation about everything and nothing

Montana

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 05:42 am
I'm looking for people to come and help me out in my garden, so are you guys with me?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 06:00 am
I've got my hoe all ready for ya Montana!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 06:17 am
I would, Montana, but I'm busy here myself: the sooner that I don't have to write about women in German society, the better.

I have those low-energy bulbs, Nick; I wonder why people don't modernize, even when it's better for them?

Don't forget your stories, Eva! I look forward to reading them.

As for the whole annoying bathroom-related habits; I think that the worst is when stigs urinate in the shower, and then shrug it off, saying that it's natural! How is that natural?

0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:24 am
Wondering why I can never understand one thing in the philosophy category, drom.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:28 am
Still wondering after all this time exactly why time goes slower at the offic than it does in the pub.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:48 am
Montana,

I'd help, but I haven't even tilled mine. I've marked it out, but need at least three good dry days in a row, before tilling. The soil in that part of our yard is heavy, black loam. During the past month, we've had only two days in a row without rain. Lately, we've gotten only one sunny day out of six. Sad

I did mark and start digging a circular flower garden in the front yard, near the road. That was three days ago when temps were in the 90's! Now, it's back into the sixty's and more rain is expected, so it'll have to wait.

Sam has taught me to bake bread and the weather is perfect for it here. I usually bake once a week. With only two of us, I usually bake two pullman loaves .I need to bake banananananaana (Hate spelling that word, can't ever decide where to stop with it.) bread before the bananananananas go bad. Also need to bake regular (whole wheat for us) bread. Bread last week,is almost gone.

I baked six loaves last week, two white, two wheat and two cinnamon raisin. The cinnamon raisin went to my 79 year old mom and our new next-door neighbors. We had to convince Mom to try it right away, or we wouldn't have even tasted it and it was my first time with that recipe. The white bread went for dinner with friends and we sent a loaf home with them.

Does anyone have any good recipes for bread? I'm looking for a good rye bread recipe. The last one I used had too much sugar and almost gagged us. I'm also looking for a good recipe for pumpernickel bread. I love it for reuben sandwiches. <drooling at the thought> Hmmmmmmm, mabe I should ask Cav about that, he might be able to help.

By the way, today Sam and I were talking about what we'd do if we had a "magic wand" that would allow us to change our lives. We talked about material things we'd like, age regression, changes to our bodies, etc. I think I'll start a thread on it.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:57 am
Letty wrote:
Wondering why I can never understand one thing in the philosophy category, drom.

it's quite simple Letty; if you read something, and didn't understand a word of it, how much sense do you think it would make to others if you rephrased it and posted it on a philosophy forum? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 10:12 am
`cause Bo's got personality,
Walk, personality
Talk, Personality
Smile, Personality
Charm, personality
Love, personality
And of Cause you´ve got
A great big heart
So over and over
Oh, I´ll be a fool to you
Now over and over
What more can I do ?

Now, Bo. anyone can understand that. Rolling Eyes Razz
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 10:35 am
Letty,
Huh? Confused Lalalalala Laughing
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 10:40 am
oh Letty; i just love your "overthetopness"! Laughing Shocked
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 10:42 am
Right, Wi. It's a song which Bo don't know.

Now, do you know "Land of the Sky Blue Water?"
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 11:25 am
Letty,
That's a Hamm's beer jingle. I liked the bear that they used in it, but can't remember how it goes. Confused Sorry. Sad If I remember, I'll PM you.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 11:32 am
Hey Montana - I clicked on the link you provide in your signature but I'm told "Sorry, but only members granted special access can read topics in this forum". Why aren't I "special"? What is in that forum? Is this some sort of conspiracy or are you just being a "tease" by putting that url on here? Inquiring minds need to know!
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 11:38 am
BoGoWo,

Is Letty bending forwards too much? Shocked How can you tell by her avatar?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 11:59 am
Letty wrote:
Walk, personality
Talk, Personality
Smile, Personality
Charm, personality
Love, personality
And of Cause you´ve got
A great big heart
So over and over
Now over and over
What more can I do ?

I like that Very Happy! I've never heard it, but I think that it's sweet.

As for the Philosophy forum; perhaps because many people think that, to compensate for their own thoughts, they'll take some Nietche, change the words and add 'demonstrably' on every second sentence. I can't see the use of being contentious about philosophy; each person should have their own: it's a truer form than religion. And the best philosophy is one that needs not be jazzed up with buzzwords.

Oh, buzzwords. I hate them. I thought that I would just throw that in.

Anyway, I keep away most of the time; but, the place that I keep away the most from is the politics board... nearly everyone is either ignored on it, or mauled alive.

I'll make sure that I check your post soon, Wiyaka. I had a really, really good recipe for rye bread; but, as I can eat rice no more, I had to throw it out lest I be tempted. I will get it back, for you.

And I'll be right back!

0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 12:05 pm
Letty wrote:
Walk, personality
Talk, Personality
Smile, Personality
Charm, personality
Love, personality
And of Cause you´ve got
A great big heart
So over and over
Now over and over
What more can I do ?

It's a song from the fifties drom; I guess I'm showing my age.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 12:10 pm
Drom,

Cav PMed me and said he'd check. What a sweetheart. Very Happy
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 12:19 pm
Ah; I wasn't born until the seventies; but that's still old enough...

But, before this turns into a consideration of mortality and age.. I could imagine it being sung in a fifties voice, if you know what I mean. I could sing it up until 'of course you've got,' but the tune that I was singing was probably wrong. Good luck with your rye-bread-quest, Wiyaka; I'm sure that Cav will find it, he's very considerate: he once even helped me in guessing who was sending weird e-mail to me...

Too many nutters on the internet, aren't there? Still, I would rather beat the nutters than be without it...

0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 12:47 pm
Heh! Heh!. Hey, I know Land of the Sky Blue Water, and I also know Gloomy Sunday. Don't you kids know nuttin'?

That Cav man is too young to know stuff. He gets most of his info from his dogs.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 12:52 pm
I remember a silly old song that my great-grand-aunt sang to accompany music on her old scratchy gramaphone. I was seven and she was ninety-eight or something like that. She would only offer chicken legs, to everyone, as some weird kind of joke; and she would sing this song about a child in a petshop saying what kind of dog that he wanted played... it's at the back of my mind; I'll remember it some day. I really hate having something that, despite being known to you, you don't know.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 11:13:06