The conversation about everything and nothing

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 11:35 am
Most A2Kers, me included, often go off on a tangent and bemuse newbies. Personally, I like this; it keeps threads fresh: but, some accuse others of 'post-hijacking.' I'm creating this thread for any topic that crosses your mind, or anything that you want to 'store' on A2K, for whatever reason. Anything (legal) goes.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,303 • Replies: 122
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 12:25 pm
Didja ever get something stuck in your teeth and you keep flicking it with your tongue and try to get it lose but then you finally have to reach up there and grab it with your fingers right in front of everybody? Dontcha hate that?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 12:45 pm
Why is it that so many people live in Australia? The Sydney Opera House is intriguing in it's design, but crikey, what about the crocodiles that infest it? Oh wait, those are just old ladies who have had too much sun. Maybe they are Cardassians....never thought of that.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 12:46 pm
That is really annoying, Nickfun; but the worst dental disaster, I'd contest, is when one gets a piece of broccoli or something stuck between one's teeth, wedged so far in that only dental floss (conveniently miles away at home,) and so one has to spend all day both with a bit of near-luminous green protruding from one's teeth like a demented fungus, And that uncomfortable feeling...

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 01:09 pm
Why, oh why, do I not have a cooler here next to the PC? My water is the temperature of my desk.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 01:34 pm
I have solved that problem by simply keeping the water in the frisge and downing it all in in big cold gulp when I am ready. But why does bottled water have an expiration date?
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 01:48 pm
NickFun,

That's the date that the water dehydrates.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 01:55 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Why is it that so many people live in Australia? The Sydney Opera House is intriguing in it's design, but crikey, what about the crocodiles that infest it? Oh wait, those are just old ladies who have had too much sun. Maybe they are Cardassians....never thought of that.

ppppbbbbffftttthh!!!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 03:12 pm
(Sotto voce) (Psst, Cav... it might have a little something to do with convicts)

I'm getting air-conditioning, or at least a good fan, tomorrow... it might be worth doing the same, because nothing sucks more than being too hot to use the computer. Well, actually, a few things suck more than that, but we won't go there.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 03:28 pm
Incidentally, everyone; do your minds ever argue things that you yourself don't believe in? Today, I dreamt up the line: 'working class people get together for sex; middle class people get together because they have the same PC problems.' I don't know how such a thought even entered my mind...

0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 03:29 pm
And rich people get together for sex. It's a never ending spiral!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 03:43 pm
Magical thinking there, Nick! There are a few exceptions; I once read something ages ago about some Myanmarese statesman who wanted to deal with troublemakers by compulsorily matching them with really dominant wives... what a crackpot scheme.

0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 03:48 pm
drom, that reminds me of one of my favorite sayings...

Always give your worst clients to your best enemies. Wink

I've done that a few times. Very satisfying...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 03:53 pm
Ooh, fantastic, Eva Very Happy! It's amusing as well as satisfying! Who was the worst one that you've passed on?

0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 05:30 pm
dro`m,

I get my "revenge" by praying that the Spirits and Creator will teach them to Walk in a Good Way and leave them alone. Wow!! I've seen some really interesting things happen as a result.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 05:35 pm
Why should I wash my towels anyway? When I get out of the shower I'm the cleanest thing in the house, aren't I?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 05:37 pm
Why do people leave their hair everywhere in bath tubs and sinks. Like you see it there, you know it's yours, clean it the hell up!! Man thats gross!!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 05:54 pm
An' when you like replace a lightbulb and it's the LAST lightbulb, you buy some MORE when you next go shopping!! You don't take the one that works from the garage or the laundry so someone (like GUESS who) ends up stumbling around in the friggin' dark coz there's no light!

Same goes for toilet paper.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 06:14 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Ooh, fantastic, Eva Very Happy! It's amusing as well as satisfying! Who was the worst one that you've passed on?

A politician -- one of our state legislators. Will tell you a few stories in a bit...have to run right now...
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 06:33 pm
I bought a load of 8 low-energy, high lumen bulbs last year. They can last up to seven years. They are not overly expensive (about a buck a bulb) and they are all twisty and look really cool! Why would anyone buy those cheap burn out bulbs in this modern day and age?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The conversation about everything and nothing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:26:43