Brasil: The Best Country of the World!!!!

Mr Bandiera

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 07:38 pm
farmerman wrote:
well, I was always in mining camps . I did like the area around the Barra Grande , I was doing Titanium and diamond sand exploration.

I was in horizonte with some associates to meet with Verena Minerals . Te town seemed that it was planned but got out of control by rapid growth..
The state is a treasure chest for mineral specimen dealers. I think every other peson was in the business of selling amethyst to the states

yes, our region had, and still has, lots of gold, that´s why my state´s name is MINAS GERAIS (geral mines). here the portuguese foung one the biggest number of gold of the History
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 07:43 pm
A patria amada, obviamente idolatrada......

Dos filhos deste solo eis mae gentil patria amada Brasil.
0 Replies

Mr Bandiera

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 09:37 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
A patria amada, obviamente idolatrada......

Dos filhos deste solo eis mae gentil patria amada Brasil.

Mr. Green
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 04:05 am
I quite agree. It is a very poor country, with much violence and poverty but the people are so happy, the culture is amazing and the beaches and food is so beautiful. It is such a diverse country. South Brazil is very similar to Europe in appearance, Rio is Rio, and the north east has the most amazing beaches. Brazil is my favourite country, even allowing for the fact I was robbed by the customs officer in io the first time I entered the country.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 12:13 am
It should be titled "The best country in the world for westerners to live" as you can live like a king in total paradise if you are a westerner. But for a lot of the poor people that live there, they don't think it is the best country in the world.

For the record, this is what they have the best of:

Best Women (without a doubt - no competition)
Best Food (different cuisine for each of the 33 states. bahia food is delicious as is minas gerais)
Best climate (warm and sunny)
Best beaches (without a doubt)
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 11:10 am
Best poetry as well :

Deitado eternamente em berço esplêndido

Ao som do mar, e à luz do céu profundo,

Fulguras, ó Brasil, florão da América,

Iluminado ao sol do novo mundo!

Do que a terra mais garrida,

Teus risonhos, lindos campos têm mais flores;

Nossos bosques tem mais vida,

Nossa vida no teu seio "mais amores".
0 Replies

lucia

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 04:49 pm
au1929 wrote:
Calling Brazil the best country in the world is quite a stretch considering it's checkered and unstable political history.

Thank you au1029. Clearly this person has a mind the size of a pea. As far as I know, most lands if not all have thier own beauty. And Brazil it is not only checkered but a racist country.

Take Care.
0 Replies

Glorius

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:04 am
A decade ago Brazil population was about like in Russia, but now in Russia it is only 145 millions against 175 in Brazil...
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 01:24 pm
Glorius wrote:
A decade ago Brazil population was about like in Russia, but now in Russia it is only 145 millions against 175 in Brazil...

and...
0 Replies

Glorius

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 07:15 am
Francis wrote:
Glorius wrote:

and...

... wages per capita are falling even economy growths rather fast (and Brazil economy in fact growths slowly, and wages per capita falling faster). I don't know why when economic situation is unstable families would like to have more children, more poor children that will not have access to good education and well-paid job in future. Maybe because of the fact that Brazilians do not like to think about the future and live only under today's date? But I can understand them - sun and beaches make people a bit happier. And this whole Brazilian "sunny" culture with endless carnivals promotes careless life. That's my humble opinion.
0 Replies

want2see

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 12:20 pm
Brazil
I would really love to visit Brazil, here in the US, everyone seems to be moving so quickly, they do not take the pleasure to enjoy what is around them. they take everything for granted. their health is declining, eat too much and work too hard.
0 Replies

gerd

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 01:37 pm
mexico vs Brazil
I think even Brazil is larger than Mexico, mexico is more popular in the world, (tequila, mariachi, the only latin american country who did olympic games etc.) besides Mexican economy is increasing.
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 01:35 pm
Is there much violent crime in Brazil?
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 04:04 pm
The reason I ask is because I'm considering a trip and possible permanent move to Brazil. I'm a bit wary, though, because I don't know much about it yet.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 11:38 pm
HickoryStick wrote:
Is there much violent crime in Brazil?

Yes. I love Brasil and would recommend it to you anyway but the sad truth is that there is
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:01 am
Some friends of mine retired to Brazil. They have been there 5 years and love it.
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 04:17 am
NickFun wrote:
Some friends of mine retired to Brazil. They have been there 5 years and love it.

That's what me and my husband are thinking of doing. What part of Brazil did they move to? What do they love about it?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 08:11 am
They live at No Condominio Jardim Clarice
Anil, Rio deJaneiro, RJ CEP 22753-370
Brazil. They were able to purchase a luxury condo for a paltry (by US standards) sum and they are living the life of millionaires despite not actually being so.
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:45 am
NickFun wrote:
They live at No Condominio Jardim Clarice
Anil, Rio deJaneiro, RJ CEP 22753-370
Brazil. They were able to purchase a luxury condo for a paltry (by US standards) sum and they are living the life of millionaires despite not actually being so.

What about medical care? Have they mentioned that?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 12:23 pm
My friends wife has terminal cancer. They seem to be getting the best of medical care. He said they would come back to the US if they could get better medical care.
0 Replies