9
   

Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism?

 
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 03:08 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Religious studies should be taught at school, so young people have basic knowlege regarding most religions.

Religion should be taught at home or in the family place of worship, so that the school may take no blame for any brainwashing.


So screw the kids so that adults can look more intelligent.

That is certainly big of you.

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  2  
Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 03:10 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

I don't believe teaching doctrine in schools is right for the religious or the non, however religion is a huge part of man's heritage and has a huge influence on society even today. I would rather schools taught about the history and presence of religion, rather than preaching it's credibility, whether for or against.

I echo Lordyaswas sentiments. By all means teach religious studies in school, but religion should be taught at home.


I would take it further and fire any teacher that turns preacher.

They are there to inform, not indoctrinate.

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
AugustineBrother
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:52 pm
@Greatest I am,
Sorry, but a poorly-written, unthinking screed that shouts " I am smarter than everybody"

So you should control the education of my kids but I mustn't have any influence on yours. There is a name for people like you.

But I warn you, stay away from my kids. You will get the ultimate reprisal.
AugustineBrother
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
You give your posts no thought, it seems
You use 3 hugely amorphous terms as if the world can read your mind.
Science? Whose science. Evolution? As if it were all one thing. It isn't.
Religious belief? as if you just plain attack anyone whose reason tells them there is a God.

I can tell the fault is your education. You make your first error by saying that God can be rationally known to NOT exist but refusing to say why. You are all about force and coercion because you can't discuss and convince otherwise. +
AugustineBrother
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:56 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Aaah but you dont run the schools (though you dearly want to). Let me guess
You oppose vouchers
You love Common Core
You want appointed school boards

How did I get this brilliant. By simple observation
0 Replies
 
AugustineBrother
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:57 pm
@Smileyrius,
The difference between religious studies and religion is bogus. Just give a moment's thought to the fact that many in a classroom will be believers no matter what is taught, some will convert pro or con. You want education but you proscribe it having any effect !!!1
0 Replies
 
AugustineBrother
 
  0  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:58 pm
@dalehileman,
Many of us can tell you are not married. Conflicting versions !! Happens about 10 times a day in any normal marriage.

Miller
 
  3  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 03:21 pm
@AugustineBrother,
AugustineBrother wrote:

But I warn you, stay away from my kids.


What kind of an "Augustine Brother" are you? Where did your "kids" come from?

I thought the Catholic Church prohibited the priests, brothers , and of course nuns from marrying.

You don't sound like a very religious person to me.. You sound like a lost little man, with a big mouth... full of himself , waiting to attack poor souls, who're only trying to express themselves and who are also trying to learn something.

As a matter of fact, you sound like the type of Catholic preacher ( big mouth), who's busy night and day, trying to drive Catholics away from the Catholic Church.

You are a digrace to your order and your religion, and I as a non-Christian have no respect for you.

AugustineBrother
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 03:25 pm
@Wilso,
This is your admission that you don't have the mind to convince them of that and they don't have the mind to arrive at that by their own reasoning.

You are as fundamentalist and dogmatic as any snakehandler. Funny, really.
0 Replies
 
George
 
  2  
Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 08:11 pm
@Miller,
Despite his username, I don't believe this fellow has ever claimed to be a
professed member of a religious order.

There is an order of "Augustinians", not "Augustines".
dalehileman
 
  1  
Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 01:22 pm
@Greatest I am,
Thank you Great for that link. No offense, but I don't often play such a link clear through, and in this case don't understand the lyrics anyhow
0 Replies
 
dalehileman
 
  1  
Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 01:25 pm
@AugustineBrother,
Quote:
Some of us can tell you are not married
Many of us can tell you're wrong, same female, 43 years

Exactly what is it, Aug, that happens 10 times a day (in the others')
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 05:17 am
@AugustineBrother,
AugustineBrother wrote:

Sorry, but a poorly-written, unthinking screed that shouts " I am smarter than everybody"

So you should control the education of my kids but I mustn't have any influence on yours. There is a name for people like you.

But I warn you, stay away from my kids. You will get the ultimate reprisal.


Teaching children that fantasy is real is child abuse. I would like to ignore your abuse of children but cannot.

The Golden Rule forces us all to try to protect children from their brain dead parents who have lost their intelligence to the supernatural.

The Scopes trial is over. Live with the truth.

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 05:23 am
@AugustineBrother,
AugustineBrother wrote:

You give your posts no thought, it seems
You use 3 hugely amorphous terms as if the world can read your mind.
Science? Whose science. Evolution? As if it were all one thing. It isn't.
Religious belief? as if you just plain attack anyone whose reason tells them there is a God.

I can tell the fault is your education. You make your first error by saying that God can be rationally known to NOT exist but refusing to say why. You are all about force and coercion because you can't discuss and convince otherwise. +


And you cannot convince when your foolish thinking is based on the supernatural. You question my ways while you lie about a God you only know by hearsay.

If Jesus had known there was a God, he would have pointed to him and would not have told us to seek God.

Seems that you would rather idol worship the words of men than seek God.

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 05:27 am
@AugustineBrother,
AugustineBrother wrote:

Many of us can tell you are not married. Conflicting versions !! Happens about 10 times a day in any normal marriage.




Most get along with their spouses.
Seems you can't and can't dither out why there is so much conflict in your life.
Pity.

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 05:36 am
@George,
George wrote:

Despite his username, I don't believe this fellow has ever claimed to be a
professed member of a religious order.

There is an order of "Augustinians", not "Augustines".


I am not in an order but I am a Gnostic Christian.

Christians decimated us in the distant past because we were free thinkers and told the truth about the Christian lies. Christians hate us today because we continue to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards
DL
High Strangeness
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 10:49 am
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
We must save our children from foolish belief in the supernatural.

Ah, but the supernatural might simply be a "superscience" that scientists haven't figured out yet..Smile
And new discoveries in quantum physics have cast into doubt what's real and what's not..Smile
"The quantum atoms or elementary particles themselves are not real; they form a world of potentialities or possibilities rather than one of things or facts"– Prof. Werner Heisenberg (Nobel Prize winner in Physics)

And watch some 'Double Slit Experiment' vids on youtube where the photons inexplicably seem to change their behaviour when scientists try to monitor them, as if they know they're being watched-
"If you can explain this using common sense and logic, do let me know, because there is a Nobel Prize for you.."- Jim Al-Khalili OBE, Professor of Theoretical Physics

High Strangeness
 
  1  
Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 10:57 am
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
I am not in an order but I am a Gnostic Christian.
Christians decimated us in the distant past because we were free thinkers and told the truth about the Christian lies. Christians hate us today because we continue to do so.

I just googled 'gnostic christianity' and see that it's a mixed bag of beliefs, some of which are in line with standard christianity and some are not.
There's nothing to hate about them, they're just another cult with mixed belief bags like the JW's, Mormons, Rapturists, Fatalists, Catholics etc..Smile
dalehileman
 
  1  
Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:05 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
religion class, not science class
Bran they could overlap just a bit, especially after we begin to realize how anthropomorphic our present resoning
0 Replies
 
dalehileman
 
  2  
Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:08 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
Religious studies should be taught at school, ..Religion should be taught at home
Well put Lordy, the diff 'tween teaching about something and advocating it

0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/15/2019 at 09:55:43