Typing a paper about HydroCarbon

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2014 10:50 pm
I have to type a 10 page paper for my Geology/Earth Science class that poses the question "How much Hydrocarbon is in the Gulf of Mexico?" This topic was specifically given to me in my honors geology class. The paper does not have to be super specific though, as the class is actually intro level and there were no specific guidelines to follow. Can anyone offer assistance with Hydrocarbon and the history of the Gulf? I'm having difficulty explaining it in a reasonable way, much less stretching the subject out several pages. Links and videos would be reasonable for me as long as I can cite it. Thanks for input, if I even get any that is.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 819 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2014 11:06 pm
@big-easy88,
Start here.

https://www.google.com/webhp?tab=mw&gws_rd=ssl#q=quantity+of+hydrocarbon+in+gulf+of+mexico

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2014 04:21 am
@Butrflynet,
there are several teaching papers on the web that cover the subject. What youre looking for is OIL IN PLACE. Its a term of art for reservoir analyses.

You've got the basic data in Buttrfly's paper .
(As an honors paticipant , were you not already familiar with this term?)
0 Replies