Random observations

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 04:37 pm
why was he jumping? was he naked?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 04:49 pm
Heehee ... imagination running overtime ... I'm glad to see I'm not the only one around here who reeeaally needs to get laid Mr. Green
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 04:50 pm
sigh.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 04:12 pm
Hungarian strawberries are more expensive than Spanish ones. That mightn't have been so strange, if I hadnt been living in Hungary.
Something off about globalisation.

(thinking ... survival chances for Hungarian farmers ... what it means for transport/environment ... etc ...)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 01:01 pm
Sitting in this businessy-place thats the establishment of a former boxer; TVs with live sports in every corner. My corner's got SkySports on, Sports Around the World or some such programme.

Vietnamese wrestling - ever seen this Vietnamese wrestling thing? Now there's some homo-erotica for you. The Brokeback Mountain guys pale in comparison with these fit, slender boys.

The Vietnamese girls' wrestling is pretty cool too.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 06:08 pm
Yeah, thats yer night out - ya got yer favourite tracksuit on, ya parked yer car edgewise on the street, ya got yer cardoor open and the car stereo at volume shaking-chassis, you got yer can of beer on the roof of the car, and you got friend with his car out there with ya...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 02:31 am
Why do 18 year old girls get crushes on older men? Happens a lot. Sometimes I wish I wasn't smart enough to know better...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 12:58 pm
Have you ever noticed that, although, obviously, you always see the countries' prime minister or president or such like in the audience at Really Important Football Matches (Merkel today at the Germany-Argentina game), you never ever see famous ex-politicians at a football game?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 01:24 pm
Europeans can be made to open -up and stop acting so damn clannish when theyre in America . I didnt invite em over here to spend their vacations. I ran into this Dansih family in Orono yesterday and they were buying coffee.
I asked them whether they were enjoying themselves and they had to look around as if to "get their story straight"

Not a trick question.

WEW are all you Europeans like that? The guy apologized to me in a common language , he spoke German better than English and I got by. HE said that in Europe people dont usually just open conversations and while theyve been over here for 7 PHUCKIN WEEKS and 3 more to go, theyve been approached by lots of people , in NYC they were actually hugged?

"AND" said I, "New Yorkers, its recently been revealed, are all pervs"

(Actually I probably called all New Yorkers lentil soup cause I wasnt sure about perv in German.

You native EUers (except the Irish, those guys can make a funeral fun), need to really GEDDOWN.

I hope I led them to realize a better means of having fun than just visiting every STARBUCKS in the nation.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 05:52 pm
Hey! You tawkin to me?!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 05:53 pm
(i don't like hugs from strangers).

but i did learn to appreciate random conversations and actually miss them at home.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 06:03 pm
like the guy from gogol bordello -- or from the warsaw village band -- or from everything is illuminated -- say, you've got to learn how to "make party."
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 06:03 pm
You da ony one heah, fitsat descripshin ?

Why would anyone live in Sydney? the town animal is the worlds deadliest spider that likes swimming pools and water features.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 06:05 pm
Trust me, in NY if somebody walks up an hugs you (no matter what the papers say)

1 theyre robbing you

2theyre serial rapists
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 06:07 pm
not true. if they're talking to themselves, wearing unlaced and unmatched shoes, and their pants are soaked in urine, the hug may well be genuine.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 07:41 pm
patiodog wrote:
not true. if they're talking to themselves, wearing unlaced and unmatched shoes, and their pants are soaked in urine, the hug may well be genuine.
Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 08:00 pm
ahhh the pure love of the squeegee men.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 08:44 pm
not to be taken lightly.

the squeegee man must be let down gently. it's not far to fall, but they fall hard.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 07:40 am
Wow, ALL of those Free Zwinkies are emo or nerds... Razz
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 06:51 am
Perhaps some levity / bonding would do US politics some good too... somehow, I have trouble imaging Senators in this mood though.

From England:

Quote:
Simon Hoggart
Saturday July 10, 2004
The Guardian

To the National Liberal Club, a superb Victorian building just off Whitehall that exudes the confidence of the then-mighty party. (I wonder what structure the Liberal Democrats would build to represent themselves today. [P]erhaps a Portakabin on a derelict site in some inner city.)

The event was the annual BBC/House magazine parliamentary awards. The atmosphere was rowdy, helped by the generous supply of drinks beforehand - the invitation said 7pm for 8, which of course means 8.15, so we were fairly well liquoured before we sat down. I was reminded of those bonding sessions big companies throw for their employees in posh hotels, where the closing night dinner involves heckling, food fights, and so on.

I won't say which well-known Tory shouted "bollocks" at various intervals, but it was Eric Forth who, on hearing Andrew Neil point out that there were still only four women in the cabinet, shouted "too many!"

Lord (Kenneth) Baker presented the award for best minister. He had an insult for everyone. Ruth Kelly was "charming and intelligent, so clearly not a Blair babe". Lord Rooker, the eventual winner, was "clearly to the right of Attila the Hun".

Sir Menzies Campbell said how pleased he was to receive his award for best opposition politician from Peter Hain, "a great friend from our Young Liberal days".

Even Gwyneth Dunwoody's plea - "actually, I am anyone's babe, if there are any offers" - did not dampen the mood, and was received with a loud, swooping "Whooo!"
0 Replies