5
   

want to kow

 
 
Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 05:45 pm
What will b my brother daughter related to me as cousin or neice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,012 • Replies: 14
No top replies

 
contrex
 
  1  
Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 06:35 pm
Your brother's daughter is your niece. His son is your nephew. Your are their uncle.


chai2
 
  2  
Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 07:43 pm
@contrex,
OMG!
I caught contrex in a grammatical error!

Where's my prize?

In any event, I'm glad you could interpret that question. I didn't have a clue what he was saying.
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 08:30 pm
His error was orthographic, not grammatical. As one ages, the possibility of minor dysgraphia increases, usually affecting spelling, but not coherence. I have that problem all the time. I have to be careful to read and edit my posts before hitting submit, but errors slip threw anyweigh.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 11:48 pm

probably just a typo
0 Replies
 
contrex
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2014 03:10 am
@chai2,
It was a typo. As Setanta says they get more frequent with age.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2014 06:09 am
"Cousin" used to have a looser definition, meaning any relation who is not a direct family member like parents, children, brothers, sisters. In Twelfth Night Olivia addresses her uncle, Sir Toby Belch, as cousin. In Tess Of The d'Urbervilles, Tess' mother is overjoyed to hear that Alec Stoke-d'Urberville referred to her as "coz," but really he just wanted to get into her knickers.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2014 06:30 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
It was a typo. As Setanta says they get more frequent with age.
No. He took the position that
errors of spelling (i.e., errors of memory) occur more often with age,
as distinct from your finger inadvertently, inattentively striking a key,
i.e. a typographical error, which I opined.

Of course, no one in A2K is supporting my efforts
to effect a paradime (not paradigm) shift,
but youth out in the real world have supported logical spelling.





David
contrex
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2014 06:35 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

contrex wrote:
It was a typo. As Setanta says they get more frequent with age.
No. He took the position that
errors of spelling occur more often with age,
as distinct from your finger inadvertently striking a key,
i.e. a typographical error, which I opined.

OK, point taken. Rather than age, I would prefer to blame a mixture of haste, myopia, and this new god-dam Microsoft Wave keyboard which looked so good in the store.

OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2014 06:44 am
@contrex,
I don t know what the wave is,
but for the last c.2O years, I have been addicted to an ergonomic,
3 dimensional Microsoft keyboard, with broken lines.
I can t stand going back to typing on a straight keyboard again.





David
contrex
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2014 06:48 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I don t know what the wave is,
but for the last c.2O years, I have been addicted to an ergonomic,
3 dimensional Microsoft keyboard, with broken lines.
I can t stand going back to typing on a straight keyboard again.

This is curved and has a hump in it (I made a mistake about the name, it is a Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000)
http://brain-images.cdn.dixons.com/1/0/12081401/l_12081401.jpg

OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2014 07:14 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

I don t know what the wave is,
but for the last c.2O years, I have been addicted to an ergonomic,
3 dimensional Microsoft keyboard, with broken lines.
I can t stand going back to typing on a straight keyboard again.

This is curved and has a hump in it (I made a mistake about the name, it is a Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000)http://brain-images.cdn.dixons.com/1/0/12081401/l_12081401.jpg
I might own one of those. I bought something like it in Boston last summer
because of minor problems in use of my old keyboard with my new iMac.

I have not actually tried the new keyboard.





David
0 Replies
 
contrex
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2014 07:28 am
My girlfriend hated it at first and now loves it; I loved it at first but am now getting a bit nostalgic for the old one.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2014 07:41 am
@contrex,
May one inquire as to the problem
with the new keyboard ?
contrex
 
  2  
Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2014 08:05 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

May one inquire as to the problem
with the new keyboard ?

My fingers remember the key positions of the previous straight one, which are identical to those on the keyboard I use intensively at work every weekday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM. I sometimes hit a key adjacent to the one I want. I use keyboard shortcuts and navigation keys a lot.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » want to kow
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/01/2021 at 03:50:15