Trinitarian Evidence All False

Curiouserncurioser

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2015 10:34 pm
@Squeakybro,
Well, that is one question answered at least. You do think the New Testament is infallible. And yet I have shown you that it clearly is not, a post with verses which you continue to ignore. How do those verses fit in with your view of the book they are found in as being infallible? For if they are in error, and the spirit you say you are listening to has not told you that, then you are following a false spirit and a false god and that is idolatry. So if those verses do not contain errors, please show me where I am wrong about them.
neologist

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 12:04 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
I have been sanctified by the truth, but it seems to be a different truth than you have.

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)
I have no doubt that what you post appears to be truth to you
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 04:57 am
@Curiouserncurioser,
The only thing you can use against them verses is human wisdom. That human wisdom is where your doubts come from. I don't allow human wisdom to override the scriptures. You do.

Luke 24:38
38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?
(NKJ)

Rom 14:23
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
(NKJ)

You always have a choice.

1 Cor 2:4-7
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 05:00 am
@neologist,
I get it all from a voice in my head. Called the Holy Spirit. I am very content with that voice. Have been for 40 years now.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Curiouserncurioser

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 10:22 am
@Squeakybro,
Well that is a most extraordinary answer. It may be that I have used human wisdom to understand those verses. When I read that somebody said something, but clearly know that it was not said by that person and have proof that another person actually said it, my human wisdom tells me that is an error. And we see that kind of error on the internet all the time, with people trying to get people to accept something by attributing it to a famous, well respected person. In this case, however, it is not that sort of error; i. e. one of deliberate attempt to mislead. It is instead a simple mistake on the part of the author. Matthew, in writing his book, simply forgot who actually said that, and being aware of the fact that Jeremiah ALSO used an allegory of a potter simply confused the two and attributed the one of the potters field to him rather than to its actual author, Zechariah. Here is Jeremiah's allegory:

The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying:

"Arise and go down to the potter's house, and yhere I will cause you to hear my words."

Then I went down to the potter's house, and there he was, making something at the wheel.

And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hands of the potter, so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make.

Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying:

" O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?" says the LORD. "Look, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel." Jeremiah 18:1-6.

Clearly Matthew was aware that Jeremiah had used a potter story, but was simply confused when writing his gospel as to the authorship of the different potter story he wanted to use and wrongly attributed it.

Clearly too he was not being guided by an inerrent spirit in writing that, or he would have attributed it rightly to Zechariah.

Now, maybe I am using human wisdom in analyzing that passage, but when my human wisdom sees that a saying is being attributed to the wrong person, it does not tell me that it is not a mistake. And when I see that the immediately preceding verses of that 27th chapter of Matthew contain several pieces of information concerning Judas, that potters field, the thirty pieces of silver, who bought it and why it became known as the Field of Blood, all of which are clearly in disagreement with Luke's account in Acts 1:16-18, then my human wisdom tells me that the one in error may well have been Matthew, as he certainly continued in error right on into the next verses by wrongly attributing that story of the potters field to Jeremiah. EXCEPT for one other little fact. Luke himself was not immune to injecting his own errant mind into his writing. And that is evident in his story Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus.

In the 9th chapter of Acts we find The man Saul full of zeal for the religion of Judaism being threatened by those upstart Christians and as verse 1 says, breathing fire and murder against them, asking the high priest for letters of permission to go to Damascus, seize any Christians in the synagogue there, bind them up and bring them back to Damascus, verse 2. Now read carefully what follows.

3 As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. 4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”

5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?”

Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.[a] It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

6 So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?”

Then the Lord said to him, “Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”

7 And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no one. 8 Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. 9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank. Acts 9:3-9.

Note carefully the details given here: First, a light shines around him. Next, he hears a voice, which introduces himself to Saul and gives him instructions, and the men with him heard the voice but saw no one. Now go to Acts 22. Remember, this is still Luke writing.

Saul is now Paul and has been traveling and evangelizing, but has now returned to Jerusalem where the Jews were stirred up against him and have caused the commander of a garrison of Roman soldiers there to seize him from the Jews who were beating him. They put him in chains and brought him before the commander, and Paul inspeaking to te commander of the garrison, asks for permission to speak to the people. The commander, not knowing what all the fuss was about but desiring to know has given him permission. All this is in the preceding chapter. So Now in Chapter 22 Paul is speaking to the people there.

22 “Brethren and fathers, hear my defense before you now.” 2 And when they heard that he spoke to them in the Hebrew language, they kept all the more silent.

Then he said: 3 “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, taught according to the strictness of our fathers’ law, and was zealous toward God as you all are today. 4 I persecuted this Way to the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women, 5 as also the high priest bears me witness, and all the council of the elders, from whom I also received letters to the brethren, and went to Damascus to bring in chains even those who were there to Jerusalem to be punished.

6 “Now it happened, as I journeyed and came near Damascus at about noon, suddenly a great light from heaven shone around me. 7 And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?’ 8 So I answered, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said to me, ‘I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting.’

9 “And those who were with me indeed saw the light and were afraid,[a] but they did not hear the voice of Him who spoke to me. 10 So I said, ‘What shall I do, Lord?’ And the Lord said to me, ‘Arise and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all things which are appointed for you to do.’ 11 And since I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of those who were with me, I came into Damascus. Acts 22:1-11.

So in Acts one we have Luke telling the story of Saul/Paul in the company of others on the road to Damascus suddenly having a bright light surrounding him and the voice of Jesus talking to him, which the men with him heard but saw no one.

Then in Acts twenty two, Luke still telling the story, we have Paul speaking to the people in Jerusalem recounting that event to them, but saying that the men with him saw the light but they DID NOT hear the voice!

The same man writing, Luke, but he tells the story two different ways! In one the men with Paul did hear the voice, while in the other they did not.

How many discrepancies does it take for you to see that the book clearly is not inerrant? The inerrant word of God may be in that book, but the book itself is not inerrant. It was written by errant men. And anyone who believes it to be inerrant but still insists that it is inerrant after being shown that it is clearly not is not only errant but a liar. Paul, writing to the Romans, said "Let God be true but every man a liar." Romans 3:4. And it is true. Every man is a liar. We will lie to ourselves even, and maybe most especially when we want to believe a thing that is not true. And that is what you are doing.

Again, let me remind you of Paul's words to the Ephesians: "Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another." Eph. 4:25.

Now answer me this: Do these passages I have shown you in Matthew 27 and Acts 1, Acts 9 and Acts 22 contain errors?

Be careful before you answer! Remember the words of Jesus in Revelations 21, verses 6 through 8:

6 And He said to me, “It is done![a] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[c] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, AND ALL LIARS shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 11:19 am
@Curiouserncurioser,
I see no errors. Because I am in a different state of mind than you are. You look at the stories, I look at the hidden language of the Holy Spirit. You see my revelations of Jesus Christ. You will never have them because of your human wisdom. I understand all them revelations I post. Go see if you can understand any of them. I can see the hidden wisdom in the revelations. You cant see it because of your human wisdom. God put stumbling stones in scripture, just like Jesus became a stumbling block to the Jews. Your human wisdom will cripple you spiritually. I have around 100 of my revelations on this website. But I have received over 2000 of them. You will never get beyond the milk understanding with human wisdom.
GRACE (FALL FROM))( DISQUALIFIED) (FALL SHORT)
Heb 6:10
10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
Luke 1:50
50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
Rom 8:27
27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
2 Cor 10:4-5
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
1 Cor 11:31
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.
John 5:22-23
22 "For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
23 "that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
II Jn 1:9-11
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Acts 4:12
12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
Eph 4:4-6
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Eph 4:11-14
11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,
12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,
13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;
14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,
Col 2:8
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
Heb 10:28-29
28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
Heb 2:1
1 Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away.
2 Cor 13:5
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
Rom 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Heb 12:15
15 looking diligently lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;
Heb 6:10
10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
Rev 3:15-16
15 "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.
16 "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
(NKJ)
xxThere are so many ways that one can be disqualified, and disciples dont know it. A disciple is a student or beginner in Christianity. Now because someone who has fallen from grace or fallen short or been disqualifed doesnt know it them selves. It is easy for them to lead a disciple down the wrong path. When God has turned a person over to a reprobate mind, the person doesnt have the spiritual knowledge to discern it, and they become the blind leading the blind. Also a hypocrite doesnt know he is a hypocrite. The only evidence of any of this is having less verses now than you had a year ago. Because a christians growth, is in their growing in the Spirit, or in the idea that their still teaching the same thing today that they taught a year ago, if their on the same message. Where is their growth? This is the way to check yourself.

Rev 2:5
5 "Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place-- unless you repent.
(NKJ)

Luke 13:2-5
2 And Jesus answered and said to them, "Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things?
3 "I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
4 "Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 "I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish."
(NKJ)

Heb 10:38-39
38 Now the just shall live by faith; but if anyone draws back, my soul has no pleasure in him."
39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.
(NKJ)

Jude 1:1-7

1 Jude, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, To those who are called, sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ:
2 Mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you.
3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.
4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.
5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.
6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;
7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
(NKJ)

Rom 11:19-22
19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in."
20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.
21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.
22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 11:23 am
HIDDEN LANGUAGE (HOLY SPIRIT LANGUAGE)(MEAT)

John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Rev 2:16
16 'Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.
1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
1 Cor 2:6-7
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
Matt 13:10-11
10 And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?"
11 He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
Matt 13:13-14
13 "Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
14 "And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: 'Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive;
1 Cor 14:10
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
1 Cor 14:7-8
7 Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played?
8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
Rom 8:27
27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
Matt 13:16-17
16 "But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;
17 "for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
Matt 13:18-19
18 "Therefore hear the parable of the sower:
19 "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.
Mark 4:14
14 "The sower sows the word.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
John 3:33
33 "He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
Eph 1:9
9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
2 Cor 5:7
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
2 Cor 5:10-11
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)
There are many languages in the world. Doctors have one, lawyers have one, intellectuals have one, common people have one. Seeing that the only guaranteed message in the bible comes from the Holy Spirit. So to guard that guarantee He even uses a special language. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses, He explains verses with other verses. There are spirits in us trying to deceive us and they all speak the same language carnal. So we can discern the Holy Spirit He quotes verses. Now this is the meat understanding of the Word. The milk understanding is done with the carnal language, the meat understanding is done with only verses. Its an unknown tongue to the carnal mind.

II Jn 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

John 5:30
30 "I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.
(NKJ)
Eph 6:17
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
(NKJ)

John 7:18
18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
(NKJ)

John 8:42-43
42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
43 "Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
(NKJ)

Col 2:1-3

1 For I want you to know what a great conflict I have for you and those in Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh,
2 that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ,
3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
(NKJ)

Col 1:26
26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 13:8-10
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
(NKJ)

GO TO BEGOTTEN WORD OF GOD
0 Replies

Curiouserncurioser

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 12:43 pm
@Squeakybro,
"I see no errors. Because I am in a different state of mind than you are."

Well, we can agree on that, at least. You are clearly in a different state of mind, denying seeing errors where errors are plain to see for for anyone who is not a liar and idolator to see. For idolatry is what it is, to insist that a book that has such glaring errors within it is the inerrant word of God. If that voice in your head will not tell you that those errors are errors, then it clearly is not the spirit of God. It is a different spirit and a liar.

And even your claim that the holy spirit will only give scriptures shows that it is a different spirit from the spirit which speaks in the Bible. For that one gave instruction to the men to whom it spoke rather than just quoting verses of text considered to be scripture. You can see that in several places. The passage I cited from Jeremiah where the Lord spoke to him telling him to go to the potters house and there speaking again, about Israel being in his hand as the clay was in the potters hand, for one. But it is the New Testament that you say is inerrant. So let's look at a passage of the spirit speaking to men there.

In Acts 10 we have the story of the Roman Centurion, Cornelius who had an angel appear to him in a vision, telling him to send for Peter at Joppa, who would tell him what to do. So he did so. It goes to tell of Peter then falling into a trance, seeing a vision of unclean animals and the spirit saying "Rise, Peter, kill and eat." And Peter protesting that nothing common or unclean had ever passed his lips. Three times he saw and hear that, protesting each time, and then the spirit said ""What God has cleansed you must not call common." That is in verses 10-15.

It says that it was an angel that appeared to Cornelius, but the voice Peter heard was clearly the voice of the Spirit, for when those men came knocking as Peter was thinking about the vision, it came again to him and it clearly says that it was the Spirit speaking .

19 While Peter thought about the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Behold, three men are seeking you. 20 Arise therefore, go down and go with them, doubting nothing; for I have sent them.” Acts 10:19, 20.

Now you might argue that since the New Testament was not written yet, that the Spirit could not quote it, but Jesus himself called the Old Testament scripture, saying to search the scriptures, that they would tell them of him, John 5:39, and those scriptures were the Old Testament. But this was something new. This was a new revelation, not spoken of in those scriptures. And that was what biblical revelation is. But there is a spirit the Bible tells of that quoted scripture, and that was Satan to Jesus at the end of jis 40 days of fasting.

Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever. Heb. 13:8

I am the Lord. I do not change. malachi 3:6.

But you say the spirit only speaks scriptures. I have no doubt that your spirit is what you will continue listening to, convinced it is the spirit Jesus said that he would send. But your spirit will not tell you of errors in the Bible, or in your thinking about it. And that is not a spirit of God.

neologist

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 12:59 pm
@Curiouserncurioser,
I am taking the liberty of choosing the one I prefer to address:
Curiouserncurioser wrote:
. . . So in Acts one we have Luke telling the story of Saul/Paul in the company of others on the road to Damascus suddenly having a bright light surrounding him and the voice of Jesus talking to him, which the men with him heard but saw no one.

Then in Acts twenty two, Luke still telling the story, we have Paul speaking to the people in Jerusalem recounting that event to them, but saying that the men with him saw the light but they DID NOT hear the voice!. . . .
The men referenced in ch 9 heard a voice, but did not understand. So, for all practical purposes, they truly did not hear.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 01:07 pm
@Curiouserncurioser,
Squeaky wrote:
"I see no errors. Because I am in a different state of mind than you are."
Curiouserncurioser wrote:
Well, we can agree on that, at least. You are clearly in a different state of mind, denying seeing errors where errors are plain to see for for anyone who is not a liar and idolator to see. For idolatry is what it is, to insist that a book that has such glaring errors within it is the inerrant word of God. If that voice in your head will not tell you that those errors are errors, then it clearly is not the spirit of God. It is a different spirit and a liar. . .
Your inability to resolve what you see as errors is as much an impediment to you as is Squeaky's different state of mind, his so called 'spirit'.

But, you are clearly ahead of poor old Squeak.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 01:15 pm
@Curiouserncurioser,
Like I said I don't look at it the way you do. I look at the verses the same way you look at our alphabet. You move letters around to make up different words. And you use them words to form beliefs. The Holy Spirit moves the verses around and uses them to form beliefs. It takes 14 years according to scripture to come to these new beliefs or revelations of Jesus Christ. I understand why you cant see it. You were trained according to mans wisdom.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 01:18 pm
@neologist,
Even common sense tells you sense I have been where your at.. That to be ahead of me one would have had to already went through the revelations of Jesus Christ. Have you done that yet?
Curiouserncurioser

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 08:49 pm
@neologist,
You may be right, neologist. I've done a study with my Strong's Concordance, and the word used for "hear" in Acts 22:9, "did not hear..." is #191 in the Strong's Greek dictionary, akouo, while in almost every instance is used to mean the physical sense of hearing, in one place, 1 Corinthians 14:2 is used to indicate the mental sense of understanding. And so it may be that while the preponderance of usages of it do mean hearing, it can be used to indicate understanding. So we can eliminate that one. And I have to thank you for inspiring me to look into it deeper.

And you are at least partially right that these things are an impediment to me, as they certainly impede any belief in the Bible as the inerrant word of God. However, as I indicated to Squeakybro, it may contain the inerrant word of God within it. As big an impediment as Squeakybro's hearing voices in his head, though? Of that I have serious doubts. Smile

Since you have weighed in on this, though, what is your take on the other discrepacies I pointed out in Matthew 27 and Acts 1? For those show clear errors and contradictions. 1) Matthew's wrong attribution of Zechariah's prophecy to Jeremiah; 2) Judas being reported in Acts as purchasing the field while Matthew says the priests bought it; 3) Matthew saying he hanged himself while Acts says he cast himself down headlong, which would indicate a fall of some distance to get his head down first, and his entrails burst out; and 4) Matthew saying that the field was called the Field of Blood because it was purchased with blood money while Acts says that it got its name from the bloody manner of his entrails bursting out from the fall?

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 04:32 am
@Curiouserncurioser,
The carnal mind uses websters and funk and wagnal dictionaries. But when one goes into the bible they should use strongs and nelsons dictionaries. Because they go much deeper in meaning. But the revelations of Jesus Christ go even deeper than strongs and nelsons.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 06:02 am
Fanny about with number codes and a text, and you can get it to say anything you want.

Quote:
Now we show that the tragic death of Princess Di was also "predicted" in Moby Dick.

Lady Diana, a member of the British royal family, died in a car accident together with her boyfriend Dodi and the driver Henri Paul.

As the text says, she was at last mortal in these jaws of death.

https://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/diana.html
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 08:25 am
@izzythepush,
llollolo You really get weird some times.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 08:47 am
@Squeakybro,
I do? Have you ever looked in a mirror?
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 09:02 am
@izzythepush,
I'm spiritual and that looks weird to the lost. Your weird for no other reason than your an idiot.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 09:19 am
@Squeakybro,
That's why it looks weird to you, you lost the plot a long time ago.

I knew you wouldn't understand it. It's a considered response to all those idiots who claim there's a hidden message in the Bible if you count every third letter/word/ or go up, down, diagonally. If you look for something you'll find it, even if it's not there. They applied the same procedure to Moby Dick, and got the death of Princess Diana.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 09:32 am
@izzythepush,
ROFLOL What color is the sky in your world?????? If I must have hecklers like you its nice when their dumb. So that I can play with them.