What Do You Think of Obama's Immigration Law?

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 02:00 am
The way I understand it 5 million mostly Mexicans will get a probably 5 year amnesty in America. He will also change regulations in a way that will allow several million mexicans in legally and forever. There will also I think be a modest increase in the number of high skilled workers on work permits to take a bunch of our best jobs.

My take is that one man should not make such big decisions for this country. This is not what we are about. Secondly, we dont need any more mexicans around here, in fact out situation would be improved if several million mexicans got the Hell out of our country. I also dont buy the argument that we need to import foreigners to take our best jobs because we dont have enough "qualified" workers. qualified is quite the word, it used to mean people who could in a reasonable timeframe learn a job and do it right, now it is a person who is ready right now to do a job and do it right. The redefinition has taken place under pressure from the companies who are too cheap to train workers along with that long running problem related to the concentration of capital....companies who are actively and often fanatically out to exploit their labor in return for riches (human nature being what it is). PAY AMERICANS AS IF YOU VALUE THEM!. Ya, I know this goes against everything corporate american believes.

I believe that Obama's immigration law is poorly thought out and is improperly implemented (the hope being that the courts tell us that this law was illegally implemented and is thus void).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 782 • Replies: 1
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 03:01 am
What if the main reaction from the people is "just goes to show how little our votes matter. The game is rigged" ? That would be very bad, the last thing Washington needs right now is yet another fantastic reason for us to hate them and to shut them down and then replace them.

Obama is taking huge chances with his reputation in exchange for being a DICK. I am not sure how in his head this is likely to be good for him, or the country.
0 Replies