Does he get what I have too?

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:29 am
I am running xp pro,and my bf and I have our own accounts. Does he have access to everything I download? For instance, if I download something and it automatially puts an icon on the desktop for it, will there then be the same icon on his account? Our accounts are password protected aswell.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 568 • Replies: 4
No top replies

fishin

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:45 am
If he has the Administrator password or full administrator rights on the PC he has access to everything you have access to.

If he doesn't then whether or not the icons appear when he logs in depends on how the application is installed. You can choose to go either way when running the install routine.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:48 am
We are both admins, and we could both get into each others account if one of us felt the need, which i'm sure neither of us do. But as to the second question about downloading something in my account with an icon, does he get the icon aswell?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:53 am
If you just download a file and save it to your desktop - no. He wouldn't get access to that. If it's an actual program (like Word or Powerpoint) you'd get a pop-up window during the installation asking if you want everyone on the PC to have acess to it. If you said "Yes" then he will. If you said "No" then he won't.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:58 am
Ok, I think thats what I needed to know, thanks. Sounds like i'm tryin to hide somethin eh!!!! LOL I'm not, just wondering.
0 Replies