Building Computer Advice wanted

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 10:54 pm
I've gotten a big gift for graduation, and have decided to invest it into building my own computer. I would be greatly appreciate if some of you could look at this wish list i've put together on NewEgg and let me know what you think. What I could improve/Modify Etc. Thanks everyone, and please be sure to notice the comments at the bottom, I note several additions in those comments. Thanks again.

New Egg Wish List: http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishR.asp?ID=778074
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 783 • Replies: 2
No top replies

thedevineass

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 02:26 am
What purpose will the computer be for?

An lcd monitor doesn't ad anything accept that it safes space on your desk. So if you have an of space it would safe a lot of money (or buy a bigger monitor) if you take a crt monitor.

I looks okey for the rest, I see that you take some parts from your old computer, maybe its better to leave that one complete (or buy some less preformence parts white the new one that you can use as replacement) so that you can use that one two, since you don't place the harddrive over it would be a shame to lose the data on that one.
0 Replies

rorwizard

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 05:57 pm
Thanks for the advice, Yes I need to save space, thats why I'm getting the LCD... I'm going to college and this computer will be operating in a dorm with minimal space available... also I will use some old parts and things that i have laying around the house to keep the old one running, I'll put the HD in the new one temporarily, transfer files, and then swipe it clean, and put it back in the old one, then I'll give it to one of my many friends or family members that are desperate for a computer upgrade. Thanks for the advice. =)
0 Replies