Neutral Matter

cmcghie

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 08:44 am
Being as there is matter and anti-matter, what is the possibility of there being a middle ground. Is it possible for there to be a neutral atom? To my understanding anti-matter is constructed reverse of a regular atom, with negative charges in the nucleus and positive charges in orbit. Would an atom be able to have both positive and negative charges in the nucleus while neutral charges are in orbit?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 513 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 07:49 pm
@cmcghie,
cmcghie wrote:
Being as there is matter and anti-matter, what is the possibility of there being a middle ground. Is it possible for there to be a neutral atom? To my understanding anti-matter is constructed reverse of a regular atom, with negative charges in the nucleus and positive charges in orbit. Would an atom be able to have both positive and negative charges in the nucleus while neutral charges are in orbit?

First of all, "neutral" and "charges" are a contradiction in terms. What holds the neutral particles in orbitals? Apparently not electrical attraction.
0 Replies