Why is south wind always followed by low pressure?

oem7110

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 03:34 pm
http://geoinfo.amu.edu.pl/wpk/geos/geo_8/geo_images_8/Fig8.1.gif

Quote:
"Low pressure is often accompanied by wind and waves from the south, which push north with the Gulf Stream. The southbound sailfish are now prone to more resistance at the surface. There are no northerly swells or winds for them to use to their advantage when swimming against the Stream. During this stage, I believe the fish stay deep to conserve energy. When this occurs, my flat and deep lines get the most bites. A good example occurred recently when my co-captain, Alex Castellanos, caught five sails in calm conditions. The next day, the barometric pressure increased and the wind shifted around from the north. Alex caught and released 15 out of 16 sailfish in less than four hours!"

http://www.weather.com/sports-rec/outdoor-fishing-reports/fishing-barometer-20120328

Referring to above image, the weather systems on westerlies region between 30N and 60N are move from south-west to northeast, such as Beijing, China (39° 55' 44" N / 116° 23' 18" E). If southerly winds in Beijing is found, I would like to know on whether Beijing tends to have lower pressure or higher pressure.

Furthermore, the weather systems on NE Trade Winds region between 0N and 23.5N are move from northeast to south-west, such as Hong Kong, China (22° 15' 0" N / 114° 10' 0" E). If southerly winds in Hong Kong is found, I would like to know on whether Hong Kong tends to have lower pressure or higher pressure.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 744 • Replies: 0
No top replies