David wants to talk about guns

Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 03:59 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Germlat wrote:

Nothing specific though...just talk right? Wink

Sure, but I've been reading him for years and there's been a marked change in the last month or so.

In what way?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 04:17 pm
@Germlat,
You haven't been here for twelve years of the same old same old.

I agree with Frank that David has been generally one of our more courteous posters - as he respects courtesy and hews to it. I haven't noticed a change since this is one of my ignore David again periods. Maybe it was a change that sparked that - I forget.

I'm not a gun person, but many friends have had them and are generally sane people. They usually don't talk about guns endlessly though.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 04:41 pm
@engineer,
OK dear...I've yet to have a conversation about guns with him in a year. My point is you're selling him short.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 05:31 pm
@Germlat,
Overall, apparently this was a bad idea for a thread. I don't dislike David, but I was losing my patience when insults were being flung around on a thread titled "what made you smile today?" Most of us can post pretty much what we want to post, but other members are not obligated to respond. I'm not sure how guns even came up on that thread. No one said they were smiling ear to ear because they just got a brand new Uzi. Nor was anyone making rude remarks about guns or gun owners. I don't understand why it got so nasty. That thread has been rattling around since 2003, and as far as I know it's just been a routinely pleasant little exercise.

So, I need to remind myself not to start threads when I get frustrated with members.
Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:06 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Overall, apparently this was a bad idea for a thread. I don't dislike David, but I was losing my patience when insults were being flung around on a thread titled "what made you smile today?" Most of us can post pretty much what we want to post, but other members are not obligated to respond. I'm not sure how guns even came up on that thread. No one said they were smiling ear to ear because they just got a brand new Uzi. Nor was anyone making rude remarks about guns or gun owners. I don't understand why it got so nasty. That thread has been rattling around since 2003, and as far as I know it's just been a routinely pleasant little exercise.

So, I need to remind myself not to start threads when I get frustrated with members.
I can respect that!

ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:12 pm
@Germlat,
Yes, we saw her saying what you are quoting.

What is your point?
Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:16 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Yes, we saw her saying what you are quoting.

What is your point?

My point is I respect what she was saying ...we can lose patience with people and then recognize their humanity!!!
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:17 pm
Count your blessings, we could be getting the nudist evangelical David.
Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Who gives a crap...we get you daily ...
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:20 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

You are invited to attempt to out argue me if you think I have anything wrong.
Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Germlat wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

You are invited to attempt to out argue me if you think I have anything wrong.

You're by no means everyone's cup of tea...don't join the tar and feathering ...I think it's disgusting to say the least..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:25 pm
@Germlat,
Couldn't you just say so?
Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:42 pm
@ossobuco,
I just said so!!
glitterbag

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 10:14 pm
@Germlat,
Try to answer ossobucco a little more straightforward. I still don't know what you are trying to say.
0 Replies