havoc rained down on my life after seeing a demon

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 01:48 pm
In 2003, I was awaken from sleep by the t.v.'s sleep setting becoming active. I lay there for a moment and for no apparent reason I look to the corner of the ceiling in my room. I was paralyzed with as my set focus on a demon perched upside down in the corner. I could not move or speak, all I could do was stare. I must have fallen back asleep. Three day after I saw it my life took a drastic turn. I started using drug, which I had never done, started having an affair on my husband, days after seeing the demon. I have struggled with addiction since. Going deeper and deeper in my addiction. My question is does any know what demon this could be? Does anyone have any suggestions about my situation. Plz help I'm desperate. What happened that night?

BillRM

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 02:01 pm
@drknbrkn2012 ,
What does a demon look like and how did you know you was looking at one just to start with.
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 02:25 pm
@drknbrkn2012 ,
I think this is your demon and I don't think it has anything to do with your addiction:

Quote:
Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which a person, either falling asleep or awakening, temporarily experiences an inability to move, speak or react. It is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep characterized by complete muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It is often accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (such as an intruder in the room) to which one is unable to react due to paralysis,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 12:07 am
Problem #1: You believe in demons.
roger

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 12:49 am
@FBM,
Wouldn't you, if you'd seen one hanging upside down in a corner of the room?
FBM

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 12:52 am
@roger,
No, my first response would be that it had been a dream or hallucination. Honestly. I've seen optical illusions in the past that looked like ghosts and whatnot. Not for a moment did I consider a supernatural explanation.
roger

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 01:03 am
@FBM,
Optical illusions may fool the eye, but the mind knows better, and some dreams are incredibly vivid.

I've never seen a demon either, but it would be kind of thought provoking at a minimum.
FBM

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 01:21 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Optical illusions may fool the eye, but the mind knows better, and some dreams are incredibly vivid.

I've never seen a demon either, but it would be kind of thought provoking at a minimum.

When I was in middle school, I once saw a flying saucer during the daytime. Nobody else was around to see it, so I never mentioned it to anybody. I just thought I had special knowledge of the existence of alien spacecraft in our atmosphere. That said, I didn't make UFOology an obsession, or anything. It was probably in my 30's when I chanced upon something written by a scientist explaining something about light reflecting off jet wings/fuselage and angles with regards to the sun, etc. Instead of arguing with the scientist, I thought, "Oh. No ****. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. OK, then, I didn't see a flying saucer, after all. That's that."
Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 02:04 am
I've always said that i have no doubt that people see, or think they see, objects, or what they think are objects, which are flying, or which they think are flying, which they are then and subsequently unable to identify. So, you've got an unidentified flying object. I had an interesting experience of that a couple of years ago. I had let the little dogs out in the back yard, and was sitting on the stoop waiting for them to finish wandering around and "doing their business." I looked up in the western sky, and saw a small but distinct cluster of flashing lights which appeared to stay in one place for several minutes, and then to suddenly and dramatically rise straight up. The lights grew in intensity, and then disappeared.

So, i thought about it. Directly to west of our house there is an international airport. Aircraft take off from there regularly and frequently. Given that knowledge, what had i probably seen? It occurred to me that i had seen the navigation lights of a large airliner and that at that distance, i was unable to detect their motion toward me--they were flying due east. At a certain point, when it was safe for the aircraft to do so, air traffic control released the aircraft to climb to its cruising altitude. probably 30,000 or 35,000 feet. When they did that, the libhts appeared to shoot straight up and disappear. Of course, what was apparent was not actually real. By the time the aircraft was at 30,000 or 35,000 feet, they were above the haze of the city, and only seemed to disappear.

I had seen an object and it was flying. However, i was quickly able to identify it and the cause for its apparent motion.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 02:12 am
@FBM,
roger wrote:

FBM wrote:
When I was in middle school, I once saw a flying saucer during the daytime. Nobody else was around to see it, so I never mentioned it to anybody. I just thought I had special knowledge of the existence of alien spacecraft in our atmosphere. That said, I didn't make UFOology an obsession, or anything. It was probably in my 30's when I chanced upon something written by a scientist explaining something about light reflecting off jet wings/fuselage and angles with regards to the sun, etc. Instead of arguing with the scientist, I thought, "Oh. No ****. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. OK, then, I didn't see a flying saucer, after all. That's that."
Yea! That PROVES that no flying saucer shaped ship
cud possibly have moven thru your field of vision
and because of what that scientist said, no such ship can possibly
go thru your field of vision in the future, either!
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 02:13 am
@Setanta,
Yeah, it was only after I'd seen the explanation by the scientist did I recall that there was an Air National Guard base nearby. The brightness of the reflection of the setting sun off parts of the jet blinded me to its overall silhouette.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 02:17 am
Yeah, and believing in UFOs is way cool, too.
roger

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 02:24 am
@Setanta,
I did see a fast moving light that I had to dub an unidentified flying object. Whatever, it was no sort of airplane, and had no ballistic curve.
0 Replies

Alqaholic

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 02:49 am
@drknbrkn2012 ,
The human brain is a fickle thing, and relatively easy to manipulate in many ways.
What happened that night?
One likely explanation is pareidolia. It is a human trait that on a basic level we find meaning in the random. Our brains are hard wired to pick up patterns, it's why we see clouds shaped like cats, dragon, and Jesus' face in knotted wood, to give a few examples.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 03:05 am
@drknbrkn2012 ,
You could try taking responsibility for your own actions, you took drugs, you had an affair. Stop trying to blame it on something else.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 03:11 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

http://vecto.rs/1024/vector-of-a-cartoon-group-of-nerds-talking-coloring-page-outline-by-ron-leishman-15167.jpg

Move with the times granddad. UFO is so 1970s (snigger). I think you'll find the way cool guys use UAP, (pronounced WAP) for unidentified aerial phenomenon. The unidentified phenomenon may not be an object. (Collapses in a fit of nerdish chuckles that may go on for some time.)
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 04:03 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Right on, man. Far out.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 04:15 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You could try taking responsibility for your own actions, you took drugs, you had an affair.
Stop trying to blame it on something else.
WELL SAID.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 04:19 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
IF one of them showed up here,
it'd not be cool. It 'd heavy handed, with us losing.
Like white man meets Indians, but a lot more intense.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 05:34 am
@drknbrkn2012 ,
I think it was the drugs you were taking -- you are blaming seeing a demon when it is the drugs that made you envision a demon. You could say that the demon is symbolizing your addiction.

Get some help on your addiction and the demon will go away.
0 Replies